Get Into Survivalism Brehs

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Eye-opening thread….any word on generators?

actually just finished watching this video on the subject but basically a few things I've learned over the years

-gas ones are still best value
-dual fuel (propane and gas) are ideal overall but may cost slightly more
-solar ones are fool proof since as long as the sun is shining you have a power source but per watt used they will be massively expensive
-do your own calculations but at minimum for most houses 7500 watts minimum is needed to run sect large common things
- even a under powered generator is better than no genny

I currently have a 4000 watt one but will likely upgrade to this something like this in the next 5 years

9500 Watt Super Quiet Inverter Generator with CO SECURE™ Technology

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
what kind solar or diesel?

Wil Prowse has decent information on solar generators. Personally I used a Jackery one in the states.

actually just finished watching this video on the subject but basically a few things I've learned over the years

-gas ones are still best value
-dual fuel (propane and gas) are ideal overall but may cost slightly more
-solar ones are fool proof since as long as the sun is shining you have a power source but per watt used they will be massively expensive
-do your own calculations but at minimum for most houses 7500 watts minimum is needed to run sect large common things
- even a under powered generator is better than no genny

I currently have a 4000 watt one but will likely upgrade to this something like this in the next 5 years

9500 Watt Super Quiet Inverter Generator with CO SECURE™ Technology

Thanks brehs, I’m thinking of diesel since the land I’m on is surrounded by giant oak trees and don’t get a lot sun directly towards the house anyways.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
That’s something I been meaning to bring up

Physical conditioning. Mental conditioning. Living in the elements. Learning nature & what’s poisonious, edible or can be used for shelter etc.

Eating one meal a day. Taking cold showers.

Also the most important thing is building networks. Is anyone getting on the same page with neighbors? Friends & family?
Sounds like an Army FTX

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That’s something I been meaning to bring up

Physical conditioning. Mental conditioning. Living in the elements. Learning nature & what’s poisonious, edible or can be used for shelter etc.

Eating one meal a day. Taking cold showers.

Also the most important thing is building networks. Is anyone getting on the same page with neighbors? Friends & family?

most people still laugh at me and shrug, even though it's clear if you are paying attention the direction we are heading

I for the longest have had a philosophy on all of this. I hope all those people who don't take me seriously are right, I hope I never have to use 90% of this shyt I've acquired :yeshrug:

:mjcry: but I also know winter is coming

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
Those people will be your responsibility when it comes down to it

edit: I'm assuming you mean close friends/family for the record

most people still laugh at me and shrug, even though it's clear if you are paying attention the direction we are heading

I for the longest have had a philosophy on all of this. I hope all those people who don't take me seriously are right, I hope I never have to use 90% of this shyt I've acquired :yeshrug:

:mjcry: but I also know winter is coming

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Here's how you store water:

First disinfectant the container by filling it with water and adding (non-scented) bleach at a ratio of 1 tablespoon per gallon. Mix well and let it sit 10 minutes, pour out and then rinse clean.

Add fresh (tap is ok) water and then add 1/8 teaspoon per gallon of unscented bleach. This is not a lot. For example, for 5 gallons this is only about 1/2 teaspoon. This will keep the bacteria from growing for 6 months. Seal it up and write the day 6 months from the date of sealing on the top so you know when to do it again.

This way it can keep at least 6 months.

How often do you change water?

I am going to get these for my survival bag:

71WFki89sML._AC_SL1500_.jpg

81mpF1Dn3OL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You use the drops in combination with the bleach method? Is that what it's meant by treating the water?

I only use the drops, the drops are an alternative to the bleach. I am aware of the bleach method but have never used it