Get Into Survivalism Brehs

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Put them in food grade buckets in Mylar bags with oxygen absorbers in them about they’ll last for 20 years or more

I second this. I have food grade buckets for rice and oatmeal. When you read those guides on food storage, it may seem daunting but the massive amount of calories rice, oatmeal, grits, dry beans, etc. can give you for minimal cost and space can't be beat. Also tubs of peanut/almond butter can help on the protein front while honey is a sweetener that doesn't go bad.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Some areas to consider for such a configuration:

Medical
- I currently have an IFAK from @guerrilla_tactical which encompasses anything trauma related from lacerations, hemorrhages, etc. I also have an Advanced First Aid Kit from @ltcreed which contains bandages, burn gel, aspirin, and other items to cover most of your bases.

Lights
- Flashlights. Flares and chemlights for signaling.

Water
- Being that mine is designed for 3-5 days I have water purification tabs in mine and a stainless steel water bottle.

Fire
- Waterproof matches stored in a waterproof contained are excellent. A lighter and a flint/tinder as backup.

Food
- Your options should be lightweight, easy to prepare, and nutrient dense. I also have a @stanley_brand camp cook set if I need to prepare food or boil water as well as propane. MREs, dehydrated meals, protein bars, chocolate are all good options. If you're considering coffee/tea I recommend tea since it won't dehydrate you like coffee while providing you with caffeine.

Shelter
- I have an emergency bivvy and ultralight blanket ny @surviveoutdoorslonger. I'm considering adding an ultralight pillow as well.

Other items I would consider adding are a solid pair of gloves, a pen and notepad, extra socks, knife, whistle, rechargable batteries for phones, GPS, etc or alternatively old school maps.
How heavy is your pack? I have had one in the back of my vehicle for about 18 months now.

Reading your list, I still got some stuff to add: whistle, gloves, socks and a knife. Just realized the my knives are on multitools. Maybe I should get an actual pocket knife.

What water tablets did you go with?

Last edited:

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
How heavy is your pack? I have had one in the back of my vehicle for about 18 months now.

Reading your list, I still got some stuff to add: whistle, gloves, socks and a knife. Just realized the my knives are on multitools. Maybe I should get an actual pocket knife.

What water tablets did you go with?

It's not super heavy. Maybe eight pounds?

Tablets I have. You should find them cheaper.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Put them in food grade buckets in Mylar bags with oxygen absorbers in them about they’ll last for 20 years or more
I second this. I have food grade buckets for rice and oatmeal. When you read those guides on food storage, it may seem daunting but the massive amount of calories rice, oatmeal, grits, dry beans, etc. can give you for minimal cost and space can't be beat. Also tubs of peanut/almond butter can help on the protein front while honey is a sweetener that doesn't go bad.

thats phase 2 of my plan, first part is a 6 month supply of regular stuff I eat (rice, beans, tuna etc " to keep in rotation

After that I will build a SHTF type pantry. I already own a few of those #10 cans that last 20 years of butter, mills, peppers etc

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Something to store is spice’s

even the few People who managed to scavenge some rice will sell their daughters for some salt and sugar.

let two weeks pass without trucks bringing in food people will gladly trade platinum for some pepper

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
thats phase 2 of my plan, first part is a 6 month supply of regular stuff I eat (rice, beans, tuna etc " to keep in rotation

After that I will build a SHTF type pantry. I already own a few of those #10 cans that last 20 years of butter, mills, peppers etc
I’d love to hear what you got planned for phase 7

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I’d love to hear what you got planned for phase 7

Phase 2 will depend on the time / cost of the this first part I'm working on and it actually might be smaller in size but just with stuff I know will last a long time.

I'm very much into prepping but definitely not the I want to live forever after a nuclear war in a bunker type

Right now my main focuses are food, water and power sources (in that order) I keep about 60 gallons of drinking water stored but want to at bare minimum double that in the next three months

Power sources is my main lacking area but even still am ahead of most with a gas generator and a small solar power supply battery