Toronto
5175627521458176.png

tumblr_mxyyffZW9K1rhly2xo1_r1_400.gif

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
So I had a case of pneumonia back in late March, which got misdiagnosed by doctors in the ER as just the flu :snoop:
Since it was thought to just be the flu, I was sent right back home with a prescription for cough syrup.. all barely an hour after arriving to the ER. :snoop:

Well turns out that the pneumonia must've felt some type a way about the doctors not putting no respeck on it's name and rapidly turned into what's known as ARDS(Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome).

In short, ARDS is basically when your lungs fill up with fluid and you die(most of the time).

Luckily for me, I didn't go straight home(where I would've been alone) after leaving the ER. Instead, I went to my mama house. :to::whew:
I laid down, and not even ten mins later she had to call the ambulance because I was thrashing around unable to breathe(I don't recall any of this, doctors say probably because at that point I was delirious from oxygen deprivation). :damn:

Ambulance took me back to the medical center who realized immediately that:

A - they fukked up from sending me home back on my earlier visit; and..
B - that they weren't equipped to help me.

So I had to be flown by helicopter from that medical center to a hospital that could bring me back to life and get me breathing on my own again. :snoop:

Well, today I got the bill for that helicopter ride, a ride that I didn't even get to enjoy and have ZERO recollection of since, by then, I was completely unconscious and sedated :francis:

dMpeqlr.jpg

full
helllllllll no. dog....after seeing that picture.....i caught the holy ghost.

AMERICA GOT YALL fukkED UP!

MWinn

Pro
Daps
:dahell:

I swear yall say some of the most illogical shyt

I actually have the credentials and experience with both midwest and southern healthcare systems to make such a comment. The south requires less hands on experience to attain licensure as a healthcare professional than the midwest, so...I'm not sure what you know to be true.

Klyk21

Hate is Rising, Love is Dying....
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Ga
So I had a case of pneumonia back in late March, which got misdiagnosed by doctors in the ER as just the flu :snoop:
Since it was thought to just be the flu, I was sent right back home with a prescription for cough syrup.. all barely an hour after arriving to the ER. :snoop:

Well turns out that the pneumonia must've felt some type a way about the doctors not putting no respeck on it's name and rapidly turned into what's known as ARDS(Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome).

In short, ARDS is basically when your lungs fill up with fluid and you die(most of the time).

Luckily for me, I didn't go straight home(where I would've been alone) after leaving the ER. Instead, I went to my mama house. :to::whew:
I laid down, and not even ten mins later she had to call the ambulance because I was thrashing around unable to breathe(I don't recall any of this, doctors say probably because at that point I was delirious from oxygen deprivation). :damn:

Ambulance took me back to the medical center who realized immediately that:

A - they fukked up from sending me home back on my earlier visit; and..
B - that they weren't equipped to help me.

So I had to be flown by helicopter from that medical center to a hospital that could bring me back to life and get me breathing on my own again. :snoop:

Well, today I got the bill for that helicopter ride, a ride that I didn't even get to enjoy and have ZERO recollection of since, by then, I was completely unconscious and sedated :francis:

dMpeqlr.jpg

full
52000k for a helicopter ride? You must have been in that Air Force One variation :whoo: Good that you're alive though :blessed:

However, the misdiagnosis is common amongst black men. You remember how they treated that first black ebola patient? You don't, well, he died :sas1:

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Check this out :shaq:

Medevac Company Faces South Carolina Class Action Lawsuit for Overcharging Patients

Medical Transport Co. Hit With Pricing Scheme Class Action - Law360

ri

OPS
Medevac Company Faces South Carolina Class Action Lawsuit for Overcharging Patients
PETE STROM ON MAY 6, 2015
SOURCE: STROM LAW FIRM
class action lawsuit for overcharging patients for services without getting written consent.

The class action suit, filed on Monday, April 20th, claims that Air Methods Corp overcharged plaintiff Edward Lee Adams, who needed to be flown 25 miles to a hospital for treatment. In his lawsuit, Adams contends that Air Methods Corp charged him $30,000 without his consent for the emergency evacuation. He stated in his complaint that the price had “no reasonable relationship to the services rendered or what is customarily charged for the services.”
Click to expand...​

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
@Big Daddy
Sorry to hear about this shyt breh :mjcry:
First: Have you confirmed that your health insurance company actually denied the claim? It's not uncommon at all that you get a bill before your health insurance company processes it on their end. Call your insurance company and make sure that they are denying it before you do anything else.

Second: I'm a personal injury attorney. You probably don't have a case. Sounds like a clear cut, and pretty egregious misdiagnosis, but you have to prove that the medical mistake was the proximate cause of your damages. Has anyone told you that if you had been properly diagnosed an hour earlier (I think that was the timeline from your OP) that you wouldn't have had to be flown to the other hospital and undergo the same treatment you did? If so, then maybe you've got something. At least the bill for the helicopter :yeshrug:
Medical Malpractice cases are very expensive and very difficult though (at least up here in MD/DC).
May be different in your area. :ehh:

Glad you made a full recovery breh :salute:
Or if you end up filing a lawsuit I'm sorry to hear about your ongoing, life altering pain and suffering :whoa:

Daps
Reppin
Canada
ohip.jpeg

Service is not free, but the majority of your ambulance bill is covered by the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (O.H.I.P.). When transported in a licensed ambulance, Ontario residents receive a bill only for that portion of the bill that is not covered by your health insurance. This fee is normally $45.00.

anigif_enhanced-20184-1404233630-26.gif

Daps
file for bankruptcy, it's the american way

Before that, sue. The other American way.

Seek not only the cost of the helicopter ride, but also punitive damages for the misdiagnosis. You almost died because of their fukk up, they need to face consequences for that. Sadly, tort reform has gutted your ability to be properly compensated, but fight on brother.

Brandon M.

City of Angels
Daps
40. She's a few years older than me. shyt was all good a few years ago. She was working at a special care hospital, and just finished school, and wanted to go to med school, then bam. Health went to shyt real fast. Went to different doctors, and couldn't get a proper diagnosis from them. One of them even told her she couldn't see her anymore cuz he thought it was all in her head, and that she was just trying to cop pills. We finally found the right doctors and a damn good rheumatologist and she's doing a hell of a lot better. She has to go in for monthly remicade injections which made a whole world of difference. Before then, she was just wasting away, and I was sure she wasn't going to make it out of her 40s. She still may go sooner than she should since auto immune disorders are hereditary, and lots of members on her dad's side have died young. We think our daughter inherited something cuz she's always in pain, and her pediatrician is really concerned and is awaiting lab results. And my little booboo is a carrier for sickle cell :mjcry:
how bad is the crohns and has she put on weight from the steroirds?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I actually have the credentials and experience with both midwest and southern healthcare systems to make such a comment. The south requires less hands on experience to attain licensure as a healthcare professional than the midwest, so...I'm not sure what you know to be true.

:pachaha:

Less hands on experience in what regard?

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Check this out :shaq:

Medical Transport Co. Hit With Pricing Scheme Class Action - Law360

ri

OPS
PETE STROM ON MAY 6, 2015
SOURCE: STROM LAW FIRM
class action lawsuit for overcharging patients for services without getting written consent.

The class action suit, filed on Monday, April 20th, claims that Air Methods Corp overcharged plaintiff Edward Lee Adams, who needed to be flown 25 miles to a hospital for treatment. In his lawsuit, Adams contends that Air Methods Corp charged him $30,000 without his consent for the emergency evacuation. He stated in his complaint that the price had “no reasonable relationship to the services rendered or what is customarily charged for the services.”
Click to expand...​

another one

I never thought it would be me,” Oklahoma woman charged $38,000 for medical flight

“I never thought it would be me,” Oklahoma woman charged $38,000 for medical flight

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh that shyt is crazy. 50k brehs but what was a misdiagnosis. That's some bullshyt. Surprised the lawyer rejected that shyt tho seems like someshyt you could clearly sue for.