$$$ Get flown to another hospital because you're almost dead brehs $$$

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You probably spoke to the personal attorney of the doctor. Breh heard his clients name and told you to:camby:. Better call another one and tell them to put sum respeck on your case
5c972e0e58fa6e95a65fa4c2048a5cfc.png
Yeah he needs to talk to the right people. i would forward a copy of that bill to the hospital with a letter telling them to verify when they pay it.

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Brehs as someone who is working towards a medical career I have to agree that this capitalistic American Healthcare Industry is FUKKING NUTS!!!:mindblown::mindblown::mindblown::mindblown::mindblown::mindblown:

Doctors, Insurance Companies, Pharmaceutical companies, service provider companies need to be destroyed and rebuilt:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

Canadians are laughing their ass off at this shyt my god:damn::damn::damn:

Paradise50

Superstar
Daps
Crazy thing is even if you had the flu it doesn't matter. Fluid in the lungs threatens airway which is the #1 priority in medical care. The fact you went to your mom crib and was in distress that fast shows how shytty of an assessment they did. It's extremely easy to hear fluid in the lungs.

Hell did they even take your O2 stats? Cause I'm sure your ass was in the low 90s or high 80s :wow:

They truly didn't 1 fukk about you fam

peppe

Superstar
Daps
You think 53k is bad? My wife went into labor 11 weeks early and almost bled to death, which almost led to my son suffocating from lack of oxygen. She had to have an emergency C section and the 4 day hospital stay was billed at about 80k. For my son spending almost 2 months in the NICU, the bill was about 2 million.

:mjcry:

bills.png

But we had insurance :ehh:

BRUH 'MURICA

2 milli tha fukk

Brandon M.

City of Angels
Daps
Not as bad as it used to be. Everything used to cause a flare up, now it's hit or miss. As far as the weight, she's actually lost some since the remicade has allowed her to be more active. That remicade was a game changer and possibly a life saver.
remicade is the the IV thing that they have to sit down for an hour for every 2 months right?

jamma

Pro
Daps
damn bro this shyt is so fukked up. the whole system is just so fukked up I can't understand it. I've been lucky to not have shyt like that happen to me health wise, but it can happen to anybody anytime.

This kind of fukkery never happens in places like Europe. I don't get how they even calculate those bills, shyt is not that expensive. My big bro married a german cac and emigrated there and has german health insurance. He got hit by a drunk driver crossing the street, had to get brain surgery, hip replacement and tons of other shyt. He had to take a helicopter ride too and stayed in the hospital for weeks. shyt cost him 1500€, everything else was covered by insurance.

Why is the system so fukked up here? It's not fair. :mjcry:

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
how bad is the crohns and has she put on weight from the steroirds?
Not as bad as it used to be. Everything used to cause a flare up, now it's hit or miss. As far as the weight, she's actually lost some since the remicade has allowed her to be more active. That remicade was a game changer and possibly a life saver.
remicade is the the IV thing that they have to sit down for an hour for every 2 months right?
Yup. My wife goes in once a month.

Big Daddy

Fight or die fighting, no surrender.
Daps
Check this out :shaq:

Medevac Company Faces South Carolina Class Action Lawsuit for Overcharging Patients

Medical Transport Co. Hit With Pricing Scheme Class Action - Law360

ri

OPS
Medevac Company Faces South Carolina Class Action Lawsuit for Overcharging Patients
PETE STROM ON MAY 6, 2015
SOURCE: STROM LAW FIRM
class action lawsuit for overcharging patients for services without getting written consent.

The class action suit, filed on Monday, April 20th, claims that Air Methods Corp overcharged plaintiff Edward Lee Adams, who needed to be flown 25 miles to a hospital for treatment. In his lawsuit, Adams contends that Air Methods Corp charged him $30,000 without his consent for the emergency evacuation. He stated in his complaint that the price had “no reasonable relationship to the services rendered or what is customarily charged for the services.”
Click to expand...​

:ohhh: thanks breh

Big Daddy

Fight or die fighting, no surrender.
Daps
@Big Daddy
Sorry to hear about this shyt breh :mjcry:
First: Have you confirmed that your health insurance company actually denied the claim? It's not uncommon at all that you get a bill before your health insurance company processes it on their end. Call your insurance company and make sure that they are denying it before you do anything else.

Second: I'm a personal injury attorney. You probably don't have a case. Sounds like a clear cut, and pretty egregious misdiagnosis, but you have to prove that the medical mistake was the proximate cause of your damages. Has anyone told you that if you had been properly diagnosed an hour earlier (I think that was the timeline from your OP) that you wouldn't have had to be flown to the other hospital and undergo the same treatment you did? If so, then maybe you've got something. At least the bill for the helicopter :yeshrug:
Medical Malpractice cases are very expensive and very difficult though (at least up here in MD/DC).
May be different in your area. :ehh:

Glad you made a full recovery breh :salute:
Or if you end up filing a lawsuit I'm sorry to hear about your ongoing, life altering pain and suffering :whoa:

Thanks for the input fam :salute: