$$$ Get flown to another hospital because you're almost dead brehs $$$

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
So I had a case of pneumonia back in late March, which got misdiagnosed by doctors in the ER as just the flu :snoop:
Since it was thought to just be the flu, I was sent right back home with a prescription for cough syrup.. all barely an hour after arriving to the ER. :snoop:

Well turns out that the pneumonia must've felt some type a way about the doctors not putting no respeck on it's name and rapidly turned into what's known as ARDS(Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome).

In short, ARDS is basically when your lungs fill up with fluid and you die(most of the time).

Luckily for me, I didn't go straight home(where I would've been alone) after leaving the ER. Instead, I went to my mama house. :to::whew:
I laid down, and not even ten mins later she had to call the ambulance because I was thrashing around unable to breathe(I don't recall any of this, doctors say probably because at that point I was delirious from oxygen deprivation). :damn:

Ambulance took me back to the medical center who realized immediately that:

A - they fukked up from sending me home back on my earlier visit; and..
B - that they weren't equipped to help me.

So I had to be flown by helicopter from that medical center to a hospital that could bring me back to life and get me breathing on my own again. :snoop:

Well, today I got the bill for that helicopter ride, a ride that I didn't even get to enjoy and have ZERO recollection of since, by then, I was completely unconscious and sedated :francis:

dMpeqlr.jpg

full
This is a fukked up story. Did the inital doctor not give you an xray prior to sending you home? You could have a case of medical negligence worthy of compensation.

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
how bad is the crohns and has she put on weight from the steroirds?
Not as bad as it used to be. Everything used to cause a flare up, now it's hit or miss. As far as the weight, she's actually lost some since the remicade has allowed her to be more active. That remicade was a game changer and possibly a life saver.

Daps
Reppin
My Set
Back in 2013 I was having stomach problems. Long story short one day i had this really intense stomach pain and went to the ER for it and they told be it would cost me a G to check in.:sadcam: I was like fukk that shyt,:scust: went home and laid my ass down :mjcry:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
i yell at bluecross, health net, etc for a living bruh. i aint given bs info.

and if push comes to shove. get at bcbs of nc hard. ask for the grievances dept and write an appeal. tell the enire situation how you were unconscious etc, how you got bad entail from the first spot you went to . and how that spot was the er too since it was an emergency.

then if push really comes to shove. go back to the hospital that made the original mistake that ended up choosing to send you to another place and ask to speak to someone who can assist you with the bill. because you didnt ask to go anywhere. they took you there. you could've possibly had someone drive you. shoot you could've paid for your own heli ride and it wouldve been cheaper had you been correctly diagnosed.

its really their fault. but use that as a last ditch situation.

and if that fails. Call this fool.

NCDOI | Insurance Commissioner & State Fire Marshal

and go here first before you call to get the info
NCDOI | North Carolina Department of Insurance

HEALTH INSURANCE

855-408-1212 (toll free)

Health Insurance Smart NC can answer your questions about health insurance, help you file complaints or appeals with your health insurance company, and identify enrollment opportunities for health insurance coverage.

Health insurance questions? Start here.

Then if all that is lossed. yeah bruh you may have to file BR. but thats if all else fails.
Sagacious advice right here friends.

MWinn

Pro
Daps
@D!ck Schaap's Ghost Do your own research. That means survey medical doctors and nurses about the quality of their educational experiences. You can look up the facts online when it comes to the nurses, but you will actually need to have conversations with med students and MD's since their exam is national.

DirtyMoney

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You think 53k is bad? My wife went into labor 11 weeks early and almost bled to death, which almost led to my son suffocating from lack of oxygen. She had to have an emergency C section and the 4 day hospital stay was billed at about 80k. For my son spending almost 2 months in the NICU, the bill was about 2 million.

:mjcry:

bills.png

But we had insurance :ehh:
What the fukk

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
x
@Big Daddy
Sorry to hear about this shyt breh :mjcry:
First: Have you confirmed that your health insurance company actually denied the claim? It's not uncommon at all that you get a bill before your health insurance company processes it on their end. Call your insurance company and make sure that they are denying it before you do anything else.

Second: I'm a personal injury attorney. You probably don't have a case. Sounds like a clear cut, and pretty egregious misdiagnosis, but you have to prove that the medical mistake was the proximate cause of your damages. Has anyone told you that if you had been properly diagnosed an hour earlier (I think that was the timeline from your OP) that you wouldn't have had to be flown to the other hospital and undergo the same treatment you did? If so, then maybe you've got something. At least the bill for the helicopter :yeshrug:
Medical Malpractice cases are very expensive and very difficult though (at least up here in MD/DC).
May be different in your area. :ehh:

Glad you made a full recovery breh :salute:
Or if you end up filing a lawsuit I'm sorry to hear about your ongoing, life altering pain and suffering :whoa:
Med Mal laws are different in every state. A good lawyer can easily get this man some recourse.

Freedman

Choppers For Karate Nggas
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Damn. What happened and what injuries did u obtain?

Young and dumb I was goin through a road with Alot of bad curves doing like 80 on a rainy day and I lost control of the car and it went off the road and then flipped over. I wasn't wearing a seat belt so as it was flipping over my arm went through the windshield and I almost cut off my left arm and hand. Like right under the armpit you could see inside all the nerves and blood vessels and as there was like a 4 inch section from my forearm to my wrist just missing all the skin, nerves, etc etc just a hole

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I already contacted one law firm about it just to test the waters, got shot down. Something about it not being anything I could sue over or something.
I've got another one I'm going to contact on my next day off though.
You probably spoke to the personal attorney of the doctor. Breh heard his clients name and told you to:camby:. Better call another one and tell them to put sum respeck on your case
5c972e0e58fa6e95a65fa4c2048a5cfc.png