$$$ Get flown to another hospital because you're almost dead brehs $$$

Big Daddy

Fight or die fighting, no surrender.
Daps
You have to focus on the fact that the doctor and nurses didn't perform a thorough physical assessment. Pneumonia can be life threatening although it's common and a healthcare professional would have discovered its severity while auscultating your lungs or viewing a scan of your lungs to find fluid buildup, plus the many other tests that can be done for pneumonia. Did they even do a scan? Did you take the cough suppressant they prescribed? because they should have told you that you Need to cough in order to prevent the fluid buildup...so No cough suppressants.

After you prove negligence on their behalf, then bring in the mental, emotional, physical and financial distress caused by their negligence. Connect that helicopter ride to the financial distress.

It's all about how you present your story to the lawyers.

They did a mouth swab test for the flu, said something about it being inconclusive but "most likely" the cause of my symptoms, and then prescribed me the cough syrup and sent me home. I felt so sh!tty I didn't care what they said I just wanted some meds and to go lay down somewhere.

I almost went home breh. Instead of going to my mom's crib almost went HOME :to: I would've died right there in my bed :wow:

But yeah I don't think I presented the case properly to the lawyers I contacted. I was all over the place with my story.

Thanks a lot for the help, and thanks to everyone else chiming in too. I'm new to this sh!t and what yall are saying is making a lot more sense the what I was doing.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
I flew to another hospital too back in the day because I had a near death situation. I spent almost 3 weeks in tbe hospital and the bill was like what you had but insurance covered it :whew:

But in the last two years I've been without insurance and I've accumulated over 20k in medical bills :mjcry:

K.Dot

African American
Daps
Reppin
Bro 'nem
Glad your okay man. They charged my ass a band for sitting in the damn "ER" room. Doctor looked at my tongue and told me that I needed a dental gaurd. Took 5 minutes ....a band gone down the drain for 5 minutes of service ..........:martin::wow::mjcry::snoop:

MWinn

Pro
Daps
They did a mouth swab test for the flu, said something about it being inconclusive but "most likely" the cause of my symptoms, and then prescribed me the cough syrup and sent me home. I felt so sh!tty I didn't care what they said I just wanted some meds and to go lay down somewhere.

I almost went home breh. Instead of going to my mom's crib almost went HOME :to: I would've died right there in my bed :wow:

But yeah I don't think I presented the case properly to the lawyers I contacted. I was all over the place with my story.

Thanks a lot for the help, and thanks to everyone else chiming in too. I'm new to this sh!t and what yall are saying is making a lot more sense the what I was doing.

I just don't get how they could even mistake pneumonia for the flu...you can hear the fluid in the lungs when listening to breath sounds. Smh. If they heard ANYTHING other than clear lungs they should have at least sent you home with a breathing treatment AFTER giving you a breathing treatment in the hospital and then reassessing. smh.

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
My freshman year of college I sprained my AC joint. Scared the hell out of me cuz it looked like a bone was sticking out of my shoulder. So I went to the ER, got xrays and all that. Send me home with a sling for my arm and tell me not to sleep on my side for 2 months. I'm thinking everything is cool, until I got a hospital bill in the mail a few weeks later. :mjcry:

The health care industry is a big ass scam bruh. That documentary 'Sicko' that Michael Moore put out was so disturbing. Watch it when you get a chance.

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
OP also you might be able to sue the doctor over missed diagnosis.
Surprised it took 10 posts for someone to say this:dahell:

You better get your lawyers in order asap. This is malpractice and the bill should be footed to them. On top of that, I call :duck: that they weren't able to treat you after your return. Sounds more like they didn't want to treat you after realizing their error. If you really did go there first and they misdiagnosed you then you need to lawyer up. Doctors will never admit that they misdiagnosed you. Thats fine, the judge can decide for you:shaq:.