George Floyd Sister forgives Derrick Chauvin

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Everybody talking that turn the other cheek shyt in this thread you can miss me with that shyt!
:camby:
again this is why people look at black people as walking licks and as weak.

Keep that mentality yourself don't put that bytchassnesss on me. :ufdup:

Yall need to learn to keep yo foot on these crackers necks. Respectfully that humble and meek bullshyt isn't impressing anybody anymore.
In Miami they get that work when they get out of line. There is no white privilege. :manny:

Fill Collins

I like the one that says shum pulp
Daps
:wow: man spat facts.

Let's consider this though.

Slavery did a number on my people mentally, socially and spiritually, but for one minute, consider the nature of the people who enacted these crimes.

You know who they had working on plantations and colonies before us?

White people.

They had white folks - the poor, the thieves, the criminals. They would pack them in ships, the same way they packed us in ships, and send them to the islands to work as indentured servants. So a form of slavery. But never OWNERSHIP. When the white criminal's sentence was over, they could get a patch of land and start over.

They practised this shyt on their OWN people, and perfected it on us.

With us though, it was OWNERSHIP, we were a piece of property. At one stage during the crossover from indentured servant to slave, we were actually treated better than the white indentured servant. We worked harder, produced more, and they owned us for life. We were simply a better investment.

The same people who would advocate for the fair treatment of white indentured servants because of the teachings of the Bible, found loopholes in the SAME Bible to justify keeping us in slavery, yet I am supposed to be guided by those teachings?

I respectfully disagree.
I think there's still religious Black folk who put in work too or at least have their hearts in the right place

It's sad we believe anything semitic, but if it ain't hurting me,what's the issue with likeminded ppl

blockburna420

Consecutive thumbs up
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Idk what her soul been through, the magnitude got our whole race ready to judge her. Should've kept this shyt to her self :yeshrug:

Not even really forgive but never forget and ready to move on. Hate can tear you apart.

edit: after watching this shyt tho :leon:

Last edited:

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
She is forgiving him because she feels powerless in the situation and it is destroying her. If she actually had POWER, and could pay for someone to snuff Chauvin out in jail, I bet you she would sleep like a baby.
This perspective right here is the very reason why I posted in this thread in the first place. To correct the backwards regressive mentality that's unfortunate common in the black community

Forgiveness is for healing. There is power in being vulnerable and mature enough to put your mental and emotional health first

There is no power in having jail connects to touch Chauvin. That's influence, not power. And the influence is very superficial. You see my point?

This whole mindset reeked the first page in this thread. Yall clearly don't know what forgiveness truly means, how grief works, how to be emotionally mature, and how to achieve mental wellness

What would hypothetically "ending" her adversary even do for her 20 years after? That will never help her sleep at night more than forgiveness. May not even help her at all

Emotional immaturity is rife with this embracement of revenge and not opening up. This is why those who prescribe to this ideology are mostly miserable and have inner conflicts

There is no long-term peace in a life that has "hurt who hurts you" and "never do what it takes to actually process trauma" as 2 of its core principles

These aren't my opinions. These are facts. Facts that are objective and have been studied. Achieving substantive long-lasting peace is done by doing more of what George Floyd's sister has been putting into action. None of that stuff you're implying. Respectfully

That's all I'll say to you. Because after all that I said, you'll probably still lose the core meaning of everything I posted here

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
How other people grieve don't mean shyt to you and what you need to do in order to cope with YOUR grieving

This goes for ANYBODY
Since therapists weren't around thousands of years ago, we shouldn't use them because of history. That mindset.......ignore these nikkas bro. They won't achieve peace and happiness in their lives until they learn the lessons themselves

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Emotional immaturity is rife with this embracement of revenge and not opening up. This is why those who prescribe to this ideology are mostly miserable and have inner conflicts

Emotional immaturity is such a contrived bullshyt argument you hear. The act of revenge has been with human beings forever. It is a part of our nature. For me, real, emotional immaturity is denying that nature and acting like human beings should somehow be above all that.

So you keep reaching for your higher plane, and I will keep living in reality.

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
Emotional immaturity is such a contrived bullshyt argument you hear. The act of revenge has been with human beings forever. It is a part of our nature. For me, real, emotional immaturity is denying that nature and acting like human beings should somehow be above all that.

So you keep reaching for your higher plane, and I will keep living in reality.
Yep. Succumb to regressive human nature. Because centuries later we need to stay true to how we were when we didn't have food to buy. Or cars to drive. Or methods to talk to people miles away

Some people can't be saved. Real revenge is self-improvement and winning in life. Not giving in to negative emotions and killing. You're probably the exact same type of man that advocates against rappers rapping about murder too

Gotta put you on ignore. Pure ignorance. There's no dumbing it down for you any further

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
Yep. Succumb to regressive human nature. Because centuries later we need to stay true to how we were when we didn't have food to buy. Or cars to drive. Or methods to talk to people miles away

Some people can't be saved. Real revenge is self-improvement and winning in life. Not giving in to negative emotions and killing. You're probably the exact same type of man that advocates against rappers rapping about murder too

Gotta put you on ignore. Pure ignorance. There's no dumbing it down for you any further

Part of their confusion stems from another case where the family forgave.
The Haitian family.
Since it happened there have been hundreds if not thousands of posts, saying things like

"immigrants love wite people"
"we would never do that"
and many combinations and variations of

A lot of these posters are super weird.
And coincidentally that same crew who hold that mindset
LOVE TRUMP AND REPUBLICANS
figure that out

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang
Forgivness is not about letting the offending party off the hook, it's about freeing yourself from grief, guilt and trauma so that you can be an effective human being.

The shyt that stress can do to the mind and body is NOT worth fighting to hold on to. If you don't get that and boil it down to race/religion you're spiritually immature. And if you haven't already gone through something that you need to forgive for your own sake I hope when the time comes you find a way to get that monkey off your back.
I'm glad someone said it. I don't think a lot of people in here would get it. Waking up everyday literally enraged at someone takes a toll. Maybe choosing another word would help them understand

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang
I’ve never had someone close to me die in such a preventable tragic manner but I can understand that she doesn’t want to live in anger over something that’s happened and she can’t do anything about at this point other than grieve how she feels best. This doesn’t upset me-now if she were making impact statements asking for leniency on his behalf or something then I’d be troubled. He’s been sentenced and is serving his time, it’s over:yeshrug:
It's bad but imagine it's millions of times worse when you could go online and see your brother get murdered