George Floyd Sister forgives Derrick Chauvin

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Abe Simpsons GIFs | Tenor

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
@MMS what are your thoughts on George Floyd's sister forgiving Derrick Chauvin?? From the perspective of the Orthodox Church and from your interpretation of the Bible what do you think?

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Exactly, This is the true effects of christianity. After that Boston bombing happened all of those cacs said that they would never forgive that man. Meanwhile we get murdered in cold blood, and a family member will be all about doing what the good Lord would want them to do.
Because they remixed the same thing to indoctrinate slaves. When free, most black Christians continued to believe the slave scripture they were given and the effects linger to this day. It was a deliberate, concentrated effort to indoctrinate black people into believing that no matter what white people did to them, even if they have no remorse, forgiving them is the 'right thing' to do.

It's like how Africa has been formally decolonized but they kept the same nonsense borders and even kept names like ivory coast or south africa which tells you what the value of that land was and the level of respect they had for those people. Black people have still been enslaved longer than we've been free. There's a lot more work that needs to be done. The chains aren't physical, but in the minds of many black people the chains remain.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:francis:Black people will, or is always expected. To apologize, forgive, turn the other cheek, play the bigger person, or forget. When they are wronged/harmed by non blacks, especially white people. shyt is crazy because non blacks would never. Do or is expected to do the same. If a black person have wronged/harmed them. Shoutouts to the young brother Jeremiah Harvey. For standing his ground, and throwing that forgiveness shyt out the window.

Last edited:

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I’ve never had someone close to me die in such a preventable tragic manner but I can understand that she doesn’t want to live in anger over something that’s happened and she can’t do anything about at this point other than grieve how she feels best. This doesn’t upset me-now if she were making impact statements asking for leniency on his behalf or something then I’d be troubled. He’s been sentenced and is serving his time, it’s over:yeshrug:

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
I would have less of a problem with forgiveness, if these people had actually asked for it.
the whole unsolicited nature of it is what bothers me. thats less forgiveness giving and more letting them off the hooks/ not holding them accountable.
if Derrick Chauvin had publically admitted to being wrong and asked for forgiveness, and then she granted it. That would be more paletable.
But she over here saying i forgive you, while derrick is saying, i didn't do anything wrong appeal appeal!
Her pain, let her deal with it how she wants to you know

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
@MMS what are your thoughts on George Floyd's sister forgiving Derrick Chauvin?? From the perspective of the Orthodox Church and from your interpretation of the Bible what do you think?
holding anger and resentment hurts you more than it does them, forgiving others is whats asked in the scriptures

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps
So glad I unfollowed the shaderoom. Shyt might as well be white supremacist content.

Cool Dr. Money

I’m Lil Jimmy but my boys call me J-Murder!
Daps
Reppin
Q.U./N.J.
This is why we have to wait before we speak up and demand justice in these situations because there’s always a family member on some :mjpls: we forgive the killer shyt and we’re out here fighting for the correct punishment