George Floyd Sister forgives Derrick Chauvin

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Again...it's not about THEM, thinking otherwise is spiritual immaturity and I don't mean that to insult you. I have to remind myself of the same frequently. This is about YOUR life, your body, mind and nervous system that holds onto trauma, grief, guilt and all other manner of dense harmful emotions that are supposed to be felt and released.

What benefit does her being un-forgiven bring her? What does it change about his fate? How much more accountable can she hold him outside of blowing his fukking head off? That's not her job. Her job is to try and thrive after taking a huge punch from life and this is the way forward for her.
I'm not offended at all. i'm not into all the religious stuff, fairy tales, and spirituality though. thats all made up stuff anyway. If she want to make up reasons to make herself feel better she can do so in a way that doesn't potentially help her brothers killer argue for a reduced sentence.
She can tell herself her brother is still alive and doing just fine, if this just about using her imagination to make herself feel better. Parole boards take the families opinion into account you know.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I mean I get it, but sometimes you got to hold onto that thought and not so much let that thought kill you, because it happened. Its just the matter of living with it that matters the most.

I often talk about how my stepfather did me, especially concerning the handling of my mother's funeral. Yet, I learned over the years to be grateful that I am still alive and killing him in ways he failed.

• A proud dad
  • A loving husband
  • A family man
  • Surviving a illness
The case with the whole forgiving Derrick Chauvin seems more of a media ploy and not so much a genuine response. I mean, the man died in such a heartless way, that it is depressing to think about. Why would you want to forgive somebody that take a life like that? You can forgive in a sense of I made peace with the situation, but to tell this coward, this pathetic attempt of life to say "I forgive you"...its not even worth the effort to utter such words.

There are many things she can do to "forgive", but that's not one of them.

Then again, I would be doing the cupid shuffle if I found out my stepdad died tomorrow :ehh:

No you don't @ the bold.

And you can't be one foot in and one foot out, you can't fake this shyt even if you say all the right words. I won't get into why I have friction with my father but I actually called him on fathers day like 2 days before my mother passed to offer my forgivness. I felt like a weight came off my chest. I spent most of my life being powered by SPITE. I wanted to be a good dad, good partner, have a good family and surivive everything I've been through (which is A LOT) out of pure spite.

And once I removed just even the surface level of resentment I had for him I felt really empty for a while. Who am I if I'm not living in response to the fukked up shyt I had to endure coming up? I said the words but I was half stepping. All of those feelings were still hard wired into my brain and body, still negatively influencing my life. I didn't really come up til I REALLY let it go which included my having to forgive myself too.

If she's half stepping for the media she will have to wrestle with that.

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
Man. Religion did a number on us.
Religion isn't strictly for black people. Neither are situations like this exclusive to the Black community

Yall love to use misguided generalizations. If forgiving that cac helps her heal and move forward in life, then so be it

Forgiving doesn't mean having tea and crumpets with your enemies. Forgiveness is removing the hatred you have for them

Because having a hard heart for any reason is a bad way to live. But this concept is one of many that too many yall dont understand

Using this situation to push atheistcoli propaganda. Like forgiveness is only practiced by Black followers of a "white" Jesus
:what:

There are very few posts in here that are explicitly about how she is doing mentally and having empathy for her

Lord help my people
:francis:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Forgivness is not about letting the offending party off the hook, it's about freeing yourself from grief, guilt and trauma so that you can be an effective human being.

The effects of the stress that shyt can do to the mind and body is NOT worth fighting to hold on to. If you don't get that and boil it down to race/religion you're spiritually immature. And if you haven't already gone through something that you need to forgive for your own sake I hope when the time comes you find a way to get that monkey off your back.

You're talking about a personal matter and not the political and social message being sent to the masses when you publicly forgive someone.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
You're talking about a personal matter and not the political and social message being sent to the masses when you publicly forgive someone.

Forgivness, true forgiveness is a political and social message that should be sent to the masses. The issue is people glossing over the fact that she isn't coming out to kiss his ass or say what he did was ok. She's taking the personal responsibility to prioritize and manage her well being.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Forgivness, true forgiveness is a political and social message that should be sent to the masses. The issue is people glossing over the fact that she isn't coming out to kiss his ass or say what he did was ok. She's taking the personal responsibility to prioritize and manage her well being.

Then why are black victims the only ones doing it?