Gears 5 | XB1/PC | Out Now

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
I'm on Act 3, game is way better than Gears 4. While it's better though, i'm beginning to feel like it's getting a bit repetitive. Act 2 (imo) started out great, but after horde, after horde, after horde, and going back and forward on the map. I kind of began to lose interest. I feel like pacing is still a problem in this series (3, 4, and Judgement had this problem imo). Act 2 chapter 4 was long as hell. I feel like you can add up all the time for the other chapters in act 2 (1-3, and 5), and it'll JUST beat chapter 4 in duration by a few minutes.

All in all, i give the game so far a 7.9 out of 10. Just shy of a 8. But honestly, i have to give it some extra points. Maybe an 8.5, because on PC this game looks, and plays amazing. The HDR is :banderas:, and i locked mine to 35 frames, with everything but shadows i believe on high. My pc is stronger than OG ps4, but weaker/on par with the pro (waiting until after the releases of the PS5, and next Xbox to upgrade). Controls is very smooth, no latency. The movement/animations is the fastest it's ever been. It doesn't look like 60 frames, but it feels like it, no lag or nothing. I don't know if that's because i'm on a 120hz tv, or because the coalition pulled of some sorcery, but either way i'm amazed. Truly one of the most optimized games i've ever played on PC.

Also, Del is a horrible A.I. teammate and it's frustrating. Never really cared for his character too. Just wanted to state that as well.

Last edited:

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
Just played escape for the first time :camby: I hate modes like this, zombies on black ops because everybody learns what to do in the first week and just rushes thru them. I have no clue what to do, i just follow my team.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Where's @courtdog aka @PS4? He's been quite quiet as of late.
I was bit by a shark on a fishing trip and lost 3 fingers on my dominant hand. I can squeeze the trigger but I can't hit the bumper. I just throw up the peace sign unintentionally all day, but there's no peace or justice for me anymore :to:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I was bit by a shark on a fishing trip and lost 3 fingers on my dominant hand. I can squeeze the trigger but I can't hit the bumper. I just throw up the peace sign unintentionally all day, but there's no peace or justice for me anymore :to:

you serious?

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Are you dead ass?

Or are you talking about a GameShark?

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
How's the PC experience with this?

Had to turn crossplay off in ranked. The team with the least PC players always losing and them nikkas turn every match into a lancer fest. :heh:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
How's the PC experience with this?

Had to turn crossplay off in ranked. The team with the least PC players always losing and them nikkas turn every match into a lancer fest. :heh:

I have no qualms w/ ranked and I’m playing on pc. THeres some glitches in the campaign mode though.

Silent_H

Banned
Daps
So about that choice :mjpls:
Act 4 spoilers
I wonder who picked JD :mjpls:

Hate to do it to my man Marcus, but the brotha's gotta live this time. :mjcry: JD was probably saying all types of nikkas during his time with Fahz. Even got the bald headed, goatee combo the alt-right militia types like. :mjpls:

Last edited: