Gamers really don't understand how the videogame industry work

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’ll believe Phil Spencer over his stans. Yall seem to be at odds with one another these days :francis:

Its very clear as to why they aren’t sharing numbers, because we all know they would if it was significant growth. But seeing as how everything else is significantly down i very much doubt that. We all know Growth is code for “not losing subs”
Oh now you believe Phil :mjlol:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
What's even more ironic, No More Robots revenue splits have historically been higher on the Sony side than on the Xbox side :wow:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sony Stan's proving dude 100 percent correct

Amazing
What's amazing is how back in the days I remember NUMBERS were shouted from rooftops regarding how good something on Xbox was selling. I remember how easy it was to find out the numbers for sales from MSFT easily. It was all over, no fudged numbers or "LT trigger was held for 300 million hours this month"metrics. Since from what I've seen 2016, MSFT has stopped reporting :mjlol:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The fact that yall just ignore that MS is the big dog in the room of the 3 is hilarious. When yall start talking about numbers this and numbers that and how MS is losing. :mjlol: I just have to laugh, it’s like laughing at the billionaire that’s been casually playing poker with millionaires. The millionaire knows a lot of the tells of the others at the table but he’s still just a millionaire. While they are playing the game with the same rules, they
aren’t playing with the same cares, concerns constrictions, metrics or numbers. :manny:

Yall keep talking about sales this and that, and like you said at one point MS leaned into that. Now, not so much so, their goal is not the same as sonys or nintendos now. They can afford to lose money if it makes them more money or strengthen their brand in the long run. You think that MS would have done day and date games on PC and console if they did have a larger goal?

Moving console hardware while very important currently isn’t the end all be all for MS, they still have at least a year or 3 of really rocky waters when it comes to balancing sub pricing, hardware and software options, functionality and “play anywhere”

What yall are concerned about changes with the wind. One month it’s games, the next it’s devs, the next it’s sales, the next its review scores, the next its game preservations, the next is price, the next it’s the consolidation of the industry…rinse and repeat.:mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The fact that yall just ignore that MS is the big dog in the room of the 3 is hilarious. When yall start talking about numbers this and numbers that and how MS is losing. :mjlol: I just have to laugh, it’s like laughing at the billionaire that’s been casually playing poker with millionaires. The millionaire knows a lot of the tells of the others at the table but he’s still just a millionaire. While they are playing the game with the same rules, they
aren’t playing with the same cares, concerns constrictions, metrics or numbers. :manny:

Yall keep talking about sales this and that, and like you said at one point MS leaned into that. Now, not so much so, their goal is not the same as sonys or nintendos now. They can afford to lose money if it makes them more money or strengthen their brand in the long run. You think that MS would have done day and date games on PC and console if they did have a larger goal?

Moving console hardware while very important currently isn’t the end all be all for MS, they still have at least a year or 3 of really rocky waters when it comes to balancing sub pricing, hardware and software options, functionality and “play anywhere”

What yall are concerned about changes with the wind. One month it’s games, the next it’s devs, the next it’s sales, the next its review scores, the next its game preservations, the next is price, the next it’s the consolidation of the industry…rinse and repeat.:mjlol:

:whew:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Just the type of response I expected
:heh:

Spoilers: it’s about games, always has been.

Xbox’s lackluster performance the
Past year is due to not releasing big games.

It’s not complicated. Gamepass is not enough and once it does get big games the structure will begin to change with it

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
*A bunch of bullshyt that has zero to do with what's being discussed*
Consistently, this guy just spins anything being said to talk about something else. People saying Xbox isn't doing as well as Playstation to these numbskulls must be an indictment of MSFT as a WHOLE. :mjlol:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sony Stan's with no rebuttal

"Emote or empty quote staying nothing at to ig ore any points made"

:blessed: