Gamers really don't understand how the videogame industry work

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I think gamepass and PS+ extra/Premium is great for indies. I feel it's a great source of marketing due to word of mouth There are plenty of indies that most likely got an increase of sales due to being on gamepass. Also, I feel games like Stray and Rollerdrome launching on + gave them extra boost in sales and popularity due to launching on service.

Anyways, I feel gamers undersell the power of word of mouth because gaming can be an expensive hobby and seeing others enjoying something can influence a person to buy game.

I still question the amount of revenue Microsoft is willing to sacrifice with ABK deal because losing that COD sales revenue due to gamepass seems crazy.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I don't hate gamepass. I hate MS buying whole development teams for Gamepass.

Yes I'm still salty of what's happened to Rare, and I'm afraid these other bought developers are going to meet the same fate.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I think gamepass and PS+ extra/Premium is great for indies. I feel it's a great source of marketing due to word of mouth There are plenty of indies that most likely got an increase of sales due to being on gamepass. Also, I feel games like Stray and Rollerdrome launching on + gave them extra boost in sales and popularity due to launching on service.

Anyways, I feel gamers undersell the power of word of mouth because gaming can be an expensive hobby and seeing others enjoying something can influence a person to buy game.

I still question the amount of revenue Microsoft is willing to sacrifice with ABK deal because losing that COD sales revenue due to gamepass seems crazy.
Remember some COD games are already going Free to Play. The majority of money made on COD is on microtransactions and ongoing dlc etc, not individual game sales.

COD will still be for purchase on all platforms, it will also be available on more platforms as they plan to put it on switch and streaming on any internet connected device.

There’s so many new revenue streams that the lost up front sales on xbox probably won’t amount to much.

Superstar
Daps
you against indie studios or something?

We love them, but we can roast them too:

AlertAdolescentAfricancivet-size_restricted.gif

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Remember some COD games are already going Free to Play. The majority of money made on COD is on microtransactions and ongoing dlc etc, not individual game sales.

COD will still be for purchase on all platforms, it will also be available on more platforms as they plan to put it on switch and streaming on any internet connected device.

There’s so many new revenue streams that the lost up front sales on xbox probably won’t amount to much.
I don't know man because COD it #1 selling game on both platforms. It's not for me to worry about the accounting for it, but it does seem a lot of money to leave on the table, but I do understand gamepass is still in it's growth stage, so they're willing to sacrifice revenue for growth.