Gamers really don't understand how the videogame industry work

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It's the Microsoft stan in you that can't wrap your head around shyt like "We have 20 million users launch weekend!" not working as a milestone. People really just want solid numbers on of they're selling consoles, selling games, and making money. They keep coming up with ways to say they're going find while dancing around them questions like they're in a R&B video. Ain't but so many times that someone can duck a question before people start assuming the worst.

Phil keeps files those locked up in a vault next to the JFK assassination and Area 51 alien procurement documentation.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It's the Microsoft stan in you that can't wrap your head around shyt like "We have 20 million users launch weekend!" not working as a milestone. People really just want solid numbers on of they're selling consoles, selling games, and making money. They keep coming up with ways to say they're going find while dancing around them questions like they're in a R&B video. Ain't but so many times that someone can duck a question before people start assuming the worst.
They are obviously making money.

If a subscription service and the “xbox ecosystem” is their business plan.

Then player engagement is the most important and really the only measure they should be talking about.

How they gone give you sales numbers for a game that ain’t on sale:dahell:

Sony themselves even said MAU is more important than console sales numbers.

You guys desperately want to “assume the worst” form your own agendas. Microsoft investors obviously belive they are doing something right.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
There's no story here, I'm just reading these soft ass responses from you with no substance.

According to you, XBOX doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. We all know MS is flush with cash, but that doesn't negate the fact the console side of their business is stagnant/declining,
Post where i said this :ohhh:

Then player engagement is the most important and really the only measure they should be talking about.

You guys desperately want to “assume the worst” form your own agendas. Microsoft investors obviously belive they are doing something right.
:russell:

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
“We’re seeing incredible growth on PC ... On console, I’ve seen growth slow down, mainly because at some point you’ve reached everybody on console that wants to subscribe,” explains Spencer.

Read stuff you post breh. It's stagnant.
Why do y’all keep bothering with this fantasist? :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I know nuance can be difficult when you are just looking to win an argument.

Let’s do it this way.

Do you think microsoft is trying to sell more consoles by putting all their games on PC day one?

Do you think they are trying to sell consoles by putting
their most popular game(minecraft)on all other consoles and PC?

Do you think they are trying to sell consoles by putting gamepass on PC?

Do you think they are trying to sell more consoles by allowing people who own a smartphone or PC or TV or pretty much any internet connected device access to their entire games library. :francis:

So how could we ever realistically talk about how microsoft is doing within the games industry by only talking about console sales?

That doesn’t mean “xbox don’t matter” as you put words in my mouth. It is obviously part of it, but there’s so much more if we are actually gonna talk about it.

But you don’t actually want to do that. You just wanna win the console war :wow:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I know nuance can be difficult when you are just looking to win an argument.

Let’s do it this way.

Do you think microsoft is trying to sell more consoles by putting all their games on PC day one?

Do you think they are trying to sell consoles by putting
their most popular game(minecraft)on all other consoles and PC?

Do you think they are trying to sell consoles by putting gamepass on PC?

Do you think they are trying to sell more consoles by allowing people who own a smartphone or PC or TV or pretty much any internet connected device access to their entire games library. :francis:

So how could we ever realistically talk about how microsoft is doing within the games industry by only talking about console sales?

That doesn’t mean “xbox don’t matter” as you put words in my mouth. It is obviously part of it, but there’s so much more if we are actually gonna talk about it.

But you don’t actually want to do that. You just wanna win the console war :wow:
So what you're saying is Xbox Consoles don't mean much in the grand scheme of things?

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I'm not assuming the worst about anything. I own a Series X, so I'd like XBox to do well. But we aren't about to shoot Microsoft bail on being opaque about shyt that we wouldn't for anyone else. There's no sales numbers because they don't sell games, and don't report any hardware sales themselves. Engagement numbers are hard to come by, because they only ever publish that info when they want to prop up a new release. Financial numbers are typically just handwaved away, and referred to in general terms, until their section of the quarterly financial call comes up.

The problem, as I see it, is that Microsoft treats XBox like their other divisions, in that they dole out information on their own time, because the services they offer don't require as steady a stream of information. But gaming, even when viewed as a service based slant, doesn't work the same way, as the end user is a little more actively engaged in the brand and its perception than their other products and services. You're never going to see someone going hard about Office365 vs GSuite, for example. This type of customer, and the media they serve them need a little more info at a steadier cadence.

Thread could be retitled "One of the World's Largest Companies Really Doesn't Understand How Gamers Work" :wow:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Just for the record it ain’t me who’s on here not arguing in good faith, so as i go back to just laughing at you goofys and calling you sony stan’s you can keep your bytching and complaining.
So I wasn't wrong.

:ufdup: