Gamepass hurting sales? Like shyt ain’t cracked up to be?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Random Q but after game pass sub expired, you would lose access to all downloaded games right?

I assumed this was the case, it would be foolish to still have access. but I ask because I did a game pass trial for like 3 months and one of the games I downloaded with it still works and is fully functional, long after i cancelled the service. i feel like it shouldnt? i'm always nervous i'll get charged or something

(not sure if this would happen with other games, due to hard drive storage i only had one)

dont tell microsoft i asked brehs
No you lose access. You must have a digital license for that game somehow

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
The largest, most played games in the world are free to play on every platform. :pachaha:

A better analogy is this is an open bar and this nikka is Burnasty :sadcam:
Free to play is different. U have to seek that particular game. Gamepass is a sub. So every time u boot up u see another game u may want to try and neglect a game u started.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
You clearly don't have an Xbox nor gamepass :pachaha:
I don’t need to have a service to know about it

I hear it from people who got the damn service. They jump game to game and don’t stick with one

Even something like PS+ I just saved the games knowing damn well I’m not going to get to them. I buy games I want. I don’t need or want hundreds of games at my disposal

Last edited:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
You don’t need gamepass or xbox to know how game subscription services work
You probably need gamepass to know how gamepass works :pachaha:

I don’t need to have a service to know about it

I hear it from people who got the damn service. They jump game to game and don’t stick with one

Even something like PS+ I just saved the games knowing damn well I’m not going to get to them. I buy games I want. I don’t need or want hundreds of games at my disposal
So many logical fallacies, where do I begin?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

In the interview, Patti states how the deal was good, but they also believe it may have hurt their sales by saying:

"I also think it hurts sales. Because a lot of people just go in and try it, and they don't invest. If they don't like the first 10 minutes? That's it. Also, if you don't make the first 10 minutes amazing, maybe it's also a problem. I think [Game Pass] is okay. It's not my favorite. My favorite is the old premium model, where I sell you on some video, on big images and earn your $30. And then after that, I have to deliver. I don't need to get money out of you later."

:lupe:

AgreeableRelievedHusky-size_restricted.gif

We warned them from the inception of gamepass that this would happen... keep telling folks once these gamers beat a game they toss it in the bushes...:mjlol: gamepass makes buying games obsolete which hurts the devs and makers of these games especially if shyt is corny... :mjlol::dead: once shyt hits game pass and people stop playing it afterwards its a wrap...

but Phil is a genius and all digital future and y'all just sony stans...:mjgrin:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I mean it’s obvious. Same thing with streaming video services.

Problem is games are longer in general, so if the intro doesn’t “catch” you, you’re less likely to keep playing because of how much time the game would occupy.
This. I mean it's quite obvious but you got stans pontificating to the point where it's pointless to engage. Games are long, attention spans in general are short across any medium. If something doesn't shoot bang bang immediately you have " :unimpressed: " posts about how the game is slow. Exacerbate that with a huge selection of titles and some games are going to go by the wayside.

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I mean it’s obvious. Same thing with streaming video services.

Problem is games are longer in general, so if the intro doesn’t “catch” you, you’re less likely to keep playing because of how much time the game would occupy.

this is controversial? :skip:

there's a reason all these streaming services are looking goofy nowadays and hemorrhaging money.

But in the Xbrehs defense, if their gamepass check covered the development costs, then it's not all bad. I'm sure that they also get an additional revenue cut based on people who play the game for a certain amount of time or percentage and that's probably where he's losing. It's definitely a double edged sword but just make sure that you get your dev costs covered and reasonable terms to get a lil profit. All you can ask.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
this is controversial? :skip:

there's a reason all these streaming services are looking goofy nowadays and hemorrhaging money.

But in the Xbrehs defense, if their gamepass check covered the development costs, then it's not all bad. I'm sure that they also get an additional revenue cut based on people who play the game for a certain amount of time or percentage and that's probably where he's losing. It's definitely a double edged sword but just make sure that you get your dev costs covered and reasonable terms to get a lil profit. All you can ask.
That's the thing for me. If you had a good game you'd likely be able to grt the investment you need to sell the game outright.

But if you know that you're putting your game on a service then craft it so that it grips the gamer esrly on.

Sekiro is a game I think that did it very well with both gameplay and the story.

Wo long gives the gamer and opportunity to learn controls, fight against over leveled enemies, die, get revenge, and spec all within the firdt 10 minutes.

Dev acting like paid games aren't also drawing gamers in early.