Gamepass hurting sales? Like shyt ain’t cracked up to be?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I mean it’s obvious. Same thing with streaming video services.

Problem is games are longer in general, so if the intro doesn’t “catch” you, you’re less likely to keep playing because of how much time the game would occupy.

Yeah, even with music, you listen to the first 3 tracks and if you dont like it you dip

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I mean it’s obvious. Same thing with streaming video services.

Problem is games are longer in general, so if the intro doesn’t “catch” you, you’re less likely to keep playing because of how much time the game would occupy.
He put out the equivalent of a tubi movie. Ain’t nobody gonna finish that shot if it’s trash.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
game has 'mixed' reviews on Steam
68 Metacritic for Xbox
71 Metacritic for PC

there's a good chance the Gamepass money was more than they would have made selling this dud

and they originally pitched the game to Google for Stadia :mjlol:

Yall said critics were wrong about high on life and atomic heart though :jbhmm:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Yall said critics were wrong about high on life and atomic heart though :jbhmm:
I didn't play either of those games, but both have "very positive" reviews on Steam, so people that played those games liked them

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

In the interview, Patti states how the deal was good, but they also believe it may have hurt their sales by saying:

"I also think it hurts sales. Because a lot of people just go in and try it, and they don't invest. If they don't like the first 10 minutes? That's it. Also, if you don't make the first 10 minutes amazing, maybe it's also a problem. I think [Game Pass] is okay. It's not my favorite. My favorite is the old premium model, where I sell you on some video, on big images and earn your $30. And then after that, I have to deliver. I don't need to get money out of you later."

:lupe:
People still talking about this? Game Pass is a walled garden for Microsoft. If you aren't said company then it's uses are limited to you.

This developer miscalculated. Had a game with a slow start and took a deal and now they're complaining that instead of people paying $30 and dropping the game due to that it's on a service and people are dropping it.

The "Premium" model doesn't work for all games either. Plenty of games come out and flop or struggle to find an audience then go through rounds of price cuts. Where's the article about that?

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Halo & gears shows this is true

Like seriously go to a family gathering or party with an abundance of beer and pop. U gon see mad half drunken bevs. U gon see people opening a bev taking a few sips. Sit it down then moments later get another one. Rinse and repeat. That’s Gamepass. This Model literally made MS two biggest franchises cheap whores. Imo Gears & Halo should never been day 1

Last edited:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Halo & gears shows this is true

Like seriously go to a family gathering or party with an abundance of beer and pop. U gon see mad half drunken bevs. U gon see people opening a bev taking a few sips. Sit it down then moments later get another one. Rinse and repeat. That’s Gamepass. This Model literally made MS two biggest franchises cheap whores. Imo Gears & Halo should never been day 1
The largest, most played games in the world are free to play on every platform. :pachaha:

A better analogy is this is an open bar and this nikka is Burnasty :sadcam:

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Random Q but after game pass sub expired, you would lose access to all downloaded games right?

I assumed this was the case, it would be foolish to still have access. but I ask because I did a game pass trial for like 3 months and one of the games I downloaded with it still works and is fully functional, long after i cancelled the service. i feel like it shouldnt? i'm always nervous i'll get charged or something

(not sure if this would happen with other games, due to hard drive storage i only had one)

dont tell microsoft i asked brehs