Future ‘Star Wars Story’ Spin-Offs Are Reportedly On Hold at Lucasfilm

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
JJ had created something good...:manny: but KK and RJ derailed the entire series... I liked the way it was heading in episode 7... they should have built on the new jedi acadamy and where snoke came from and who he is. the grey jedi and the other stuff it was all there in the lining but...SMH...
No he didn’t.

He created a soft remake of episode 4 with worse characters across the board.

Episode 7 was creatively bankrupt and none of the characters were interesting.

Rey is a boring one note Mary Sue. Finn is trash. Poe is a cardboard cutout. Kylo ren is Hayden Christiansen with an emo girl haircut.

Episode 7 was complete garbage. JJ created shyt and Rian came in and flushed it down the toilet then took his own shyt.

These movies fukking suck

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
No he didn’t.

Rey is a boring one note Mary Sue. Finn is trash. Poe is a cardboard cutout. Kylo ren is Hayden Christiansen with an emo girl haircut.

Episode 7 was complete garbage. JJ created shyt and Rian came in and flushed it down the toilet then took his own shyt.

Like i said the blueprint was there from 7-8 but it derailed... A competent writer worth his salt could have built on episode 8 and made it amazing but again if you didn't like 7 I understand fully...:ld: It was below expectations... I'm not saying that JJ sucked completely...Just wished that he was in control of the entire trilogy so that way we'd have a solid blueprint.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
No he didn’t.

:salute:Yep JJ gets of lightly especially the shyt he pulled with Han and Leia. JJ is equally as trash as Rian both of them love the smell of their own farts.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
As they should be

I vaguely remember there being a choice between the Solo Movie or a Fett Movie

Fett would have been so piff

I consider myself a casual Star Wars fan... I've seen all the movies, read a lot of the theories, played KOTOR, etc. A Boba Fett movie would flop. The allure around him was his mystery and I can't imagine him being fleshed out being a GOOD thing. Plus, unless he's fighting a known Jedi, nobody is gonna care to see it.

why don't they give us lightsabers? what is so hard to understand that most of the fans dont give a fukk about that other shyt and want to see lightsaber fights with jedi and sith????

Yup! I'll say lightsabers and cool force powers. When Kylo froze the blaster shot in TFA everyone was like :gladbron: They didn't explore that point ever again.

We wanna see them 'sabers and cool shyt.

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
Y'all tripping with that boba fett shyt. That was going to pull nothing but die hards. Most casuals don't know who the fukk he is or what he does. Them nikkas going to be like who? That metal dude?:mjlol:
As a less than casual fan I've never understood why he's a fan favorite character especially with the way he went out.

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
It's a good idea to hit pause on the idea of doing a movie every year as people have said these should be event movies. I've always made a habit of watching a Star Wars movie whenever they came out despite not really being a fan but them coming out every year makes them less special and make me feel like "eh I catch the next one" I've missed the last two movies. Their universe also seems smaller then it should focusing on the same stuff the death star, Vader cameos and other nostalgic things.

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's a good idea to hit pause on the idea of doing a movie every year as people have said these should be event movies. I've always made a habit of watching a Star Wars movie whenever they came out despite not really being a fan but them coming out every year makes them less special and make me feel like "eh I catch the next one" I've missed the last two movies. Their universe also seems smaller then it should focusing on the same stuff the death star, Vader cameos and other nostalgic things.
I don't give a fukk what anybody says regarding spreading them out and them being "Event" movies.

If these movies were consistently good or just okay like Marvel's they wouldn't have this issue.

We're 10 years and 20+ movies in and people are just no wondering about Comic Book Movie fatigue and Avengers IW shut that down real quick but we're also 4 movies into star wars and people are already claiming Star Wars fatigue.

Lucasfilm has no idea what to do. When they announced a Solo movie NOBODY was excited for it. That alone should of had them pump the breaks. They have no clue how to read the fans and they're not keeping their ear to the ground.

This is basically Franchise Malpractice at this point. No way KK stays in her position, this is ALL on her. It's hard for me to even by mad at RJ because KK is the reason he got to do what he did and she allowed it to happen. She allowed a trilogy to be made without having any idea how it was going to end.

Such incompetence is documentary worthy.

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
It isn’t just a case of unhappy endings for the OG characters. Obi Wan never made it off the Death Star and Yoda dies in a clay hut on a swamp planet. Leia’s home planet is destroyed and she loses everyone except Han and Luke. These aren’t issues because the old films make sense and know where they’re going. They have a clear plan in mind and are well written. It’s a bad movie solely off all the structural violations it commits. It breaks every established rule of fiction storytelling, not to mention Kennedy sacrificing coherent story telling, characters and character arcs, and film time to push her brand of feminism even as it takes you out of the film. Honestly the best comparison I’ve seen for the movie is the Halo 5 campaign. Go watch the Act man reviews of that on YouTube. Many of his criticisms apply to this film for the same reasons. I’ve got a friend who majored in film in college and is working on a few now, and he nearly left the theater several times.
/QUOTE]
Breh, I was asking if the movie was any good cause I was thinking about watching it. Star Wars Stan's hate it. I was wondering if it was the movie or the fans doing too much. Most reviews i see hate this shyt, but all based on the OT.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
@AllHolosEve
It’s terrible, but not just compared to the original trilogy. No character grows or changes in any meaningful way, the film is a miserable experience and the most nihilistic movie I’ve seen since alien 3. There’s no third act of the film, just a long first and second act. Characters behave in ways that don’t make sense and are frequently contradictory to how they’d been previously written, it closes all the story points set up by the force awakens and leaves no story points to explore for part 9. It’s a perfect example of how to not make a movie and how to kill a franchise. It’s that bad and that divisive.

The only scenario in which I would advise watching it is to do an autopsy style review to see what many things killed the film. If you have to watch a bad Star Wars film, just go with the phantom menace. At least there’s a cool pod race and the fight choreography at the end is really good even if there’s no reason to care about the characters and no reason for them to be fighting in the first place.

Last edited:

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Star Wars movies without Vader :camby:

Without a solid Sith character in general IMO. I haven't seen any of the recent films since Disney got a hold of the franchise, but they all look like they're lacking an intriguing bad guy. Kylo is like everything else to me when it comes to masculinity, just watering manhood down. Vampires and Werewoves used to be scary until Twilight. Star Wars had Palpatine, Maul, Vader, etc., now they got an emo guy with a transgender lightsaber, whose master looks like a cumshot that came to life. They didn't even give Darth Cumshot a backstory or any real reason why he was a serious threat to the galaxy before cutting him in half.

Star Wars was never quite Godfather 2 to begin with in hindsight, but Disney has gone out of it's way to cut what little balls off the series had.