Future ‘Star Wars Story’ Spin-Offs Are Reportedly On Hold at Lucasfilm

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
:gucci:
Trade Federation invaded their planet and was starving people to death + Maul tried to kill Anakin / QuiGon on Tattooine.

They had every reason to fight.

I’m talking about the duel at the end. What’s at stake in the fight though? Nobody knew who maul was. For all they knew, this was someone entirely different than the guy who attacked them in the desert. They didn’t even know if he’d be on the planet when they went back. It was just a random attack in the desert. No indication of what or who he was or why he attacked or what he was after. Nobody knew who they were when they landed on the planet and they kept a low profile too. You don’t learn shyt about him during the film either. He has maybe 2 lines of dialogue all movie. Even the invasion was badly written. We never learn what the bad guys wanted and we never see and sort of results of he invasion. In fact we never see any civilians or any people on the planet at all aside from security guards in the palace and pilots who get in the fighter ships. The people had valid reason to fight back even if it was all terribly written. On this note, didn’t Sam L directly say they council would make it a priority to find out who attacked them in the desert and why? Then they don’t send anyone back to the planet with them at all :dahell:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
I’m talking about the duel at the end. What’s at stake in the fight though? Nobody knew who maul was. For all they knew, this was someone entirely different than the guy who attacked them in the desert.

Qui-Gon knew.

"My only conclusion is that he was a Sith Lord".

They didn’t even know if he’d be on the planet when they went back. It was just a random attack in the desert. No indication of what or who he was or why he attacked or what he was after. Nobody knew who they were when they landed on the planet and they kept a low profile too. You don’t learn shyt about him during the film either. He has maybe 2 lines of dialogue all movie.

Him and Palpatine were the phantom menace breh.

Don't get me wrong - I agree that the movie needed more Maul. George knew Episode 3 would be dark as fukk so he kept episode 1 light, a bit too light.

There was still every reason to fight. QuiGon figured that Maul was after the Queen, he says so out loud. So it made sense that he might be on Naboo.

Sending QuiGon/ObiWan back to Naboo WAS the Jedi luring out Maul, Mace and Ki Adi even say so.

"And draw out the queens attacker"
"This is the clue we need to unravel the mystery of the Sith"

If they sent a squad of Jedi I doubt even Maul would've been ballsy enough to pick a fight.

Again, agree that 2 extra Maul scenes/two less Jar Jar/Senate scenes could've worked wonders for this flick.

the invasion was badly written. We never learn what the bad guys wanted and we never see and sort of results of he invasion. In fact we never see any civilians or any people on the planet at all aside from security guards in the palace and pilots who get in the fighter ships. The people had valid reason to fight back even if it was all terribly written.

George made that choice to keep the movie light, I agree that it didn't make anyone care about Naboo.

We do know what they want though.
Trade Federation wants their treaty signed and Sidious/Palpatine wants to use this to get rid of Valorum.

On this note, didn’t Sam L directly say they council would make it a priority to find out who attacked them in the desert and why? Then they don’t send anyone back to the planet with them at all :dahell:

Addressed. They directly say that QuiGon/ObiWan going to Naboo IS their plan to lure out Maul.

It worked :yeshrug:

You just made me realize I like this film WAY more than any of the new ones though :russ:

George :banderas:

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Qui-Gon knew.

Don't get me wrong - I agree that the movie needed more Maul. George knew Episode 3 would be dark as fukk so he kept episode 1 light, a bit too light.

There was still every reason to fight. QuiGon figured that Maul was after the Queen, he says so out loud. So it made sense that he might be on Naboo.

Sending QuiGon/ObiWan back to Naboo WAS the Jedi luring out Maul, Mace and Ki Adi even say so.

If they sent a squad of Jedi I doubt even Maul would've been ballsy enough to pick a fight.

Again, agree that 2 extra Maul scenes/two less Jar Jar/Senate scenes could've worked wonders for this flick.

George made that choice to keep the movie light, I agree that it didn't make anyone care about Naboo.

Trade Federation wants their treaty signed and Sidious/Palpatine wants to use this to get rid of Valorum.

Addressed. They directly say that QuiGon/ObiWan going to Naboo IS their plan to lure out Maul.

You just made me realize I like this film WAY more than any of the new ones though :russ:

Fair enough on sending the two back to draw him out, but just a strong feeling on what the attacker was and that he’s after the queen (it’s still just a wild guess since basically nobody knew they were there or who she was since she kept so low a profile) still leaves way too much shyt unanswered. I was talking about what the puppet bad guys wanted from invading the planet and from her signing the treaty. That’s never explained at all. It’s not like Palpatine can give them favors once he gets elected or he’d blow his cover :francis:. If the treaty gets signed though, then the invasion is legal and there’s no reason to give Vallorum the boot :mindblown:. By trying to kill the Jedi, they almost keep it totally hidden from the senate that there’s even an invasion, and therefore no doubt in Vallorum as chancellor since nobody would know anything is wrong :mindblown:. The whole senate doubts that the queen and Jedi they themselves sent to check this out are even telling the truth, but all of a sudden they all want to vote him out when she calls for a vote of no confidence :dahell:.

I’m fully aware of who the titular phantom menace was, but the film does a very poor job of making it clear who that is, where he comes from, what his goals are, and how he became so powerful. When you have no clear motive for the villain on top of knowing almost nothing about him, it makes the whole thing a confusing mess. You’d think Palpatine would make a point to get word of this mess back to the senate to make Vallorum look bad and actually write scenes of him and maul plotting this all out and what their endgame is. We never find out at any point why the planet is so important that these guys would invade the planet or what caused this dispute. As a result, we have little reason to care about the central conflict. The big problem with this film is that George both rushed the writing part and had nobody to challenge him and help focus the story.

Being light hearted isn’t inherently bad. It lacked characterization, a clear and present protagonist, and a clear and present antagonist. That being said, I liked the sets they filmed on, the sounds and visuals were great, and the score was some of John Williams best work. Unfortunately they made so little that happened in the movie matter to the point that they’d have been better served for the prequel trilogy by starting at the point where attack of the clones begins and then spending 3 movies getting from there to the end of revenge of the sith since there was so much to explore and flesh out that they had to rush through.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Leia flying through space like Mary poppins is legit one of the worst scenes ive ever seen in a film.
Worse than ol girl breaking out in show tunes in The Shape of Water?
full

Daps
If all you know boba fett for is falling into the sarlacc in ROTJ then I can see why you wouldn't be In interested, but there's a whole interesting bounty hunter side of Star Wars outside of the OT.

There were other bounty hunters who tried to kill fett, one was actually a back story on ESB. Boba Fett and Darth Vader fought each other, it was a close fight until Vader forced choked him. Vader respected him then hired fett to worked for him. Fett is the one who informed Vader that there was a Skywalker on tatooine. There's a lot of interesting shyt.

If Rogue one worked with all those unknown characters besides Vader, then Fett can also work with Vaders appearance. I'm not complaining though, it doesn't matter what movie they put out as long as it's a good movie. And honestly at this point though it doesn't matter what they put out cause half the people will automatically hate it anyway
:yeshrug:

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Should have only did the Boba Fett....Solo was never an interesting character to do an entire movie on....He was only intriguing as part of the Star Wars story not on his own...and Obi wan was gonna be overkill,most of his story was told in the prequels...Lucasfilm fukked up by not doing the only one that was interesting and the fans wanted...

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Real question. Was it really a bad movie or are Star Wars fans just salty to find out they heroes didn't win in the end?

Its moreso how all the basic laws are so different in the new ones than the originals.All the new movies feel like theyre part of a different trilogy altogether.....

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Yoda or Jabba The Hutt movies would have more interesting than Han Solo :yeshrug:

The things that made Star Wars interesting were characters with super powers IE Jedis and Siths and the mutant species like Jabba/Grievous.

Doing a flick on a regular man with no super powers who keeps getting his asswhooped in outer space isnt any fun...Solo movie only would have worked with Harrison Ford as Solo playing it,so it would have had to have been made decades ago...

blankstairz

Superstar
Daps
Qui-Gon knew.

George is a genius.

How he laid out the master plan of Palpatine over the 3 prequel movies?
Talk about chess not checkers. :whoo:

1) Palpatine had the droid army to force a war. Setting the wheels in motion of his master plan.

2) Which ultimately demanded the need for Clones (who were also under his command). The war demanded the need for proper leadership. A leadership role he finessed his way into. Moving people out of position like chess pieces. :wow:

3) All the while slowly working Anakin's brain, dropping seeds of dissent, confusion, anger, insecurity in prepping him to become the ultimate apprentice.

4) Dooku was his backup if Anakin didn't pass the final test. Had Anakin murk Dooku. Knew Obi would take out Grevious and was ready for Windu when Obi did. Played possum against Windu during their fight to finally win Anakin over and murk Windu.

5) Order 66: Had Clones wipe out the Jedi.

6) Had Anakin wipe out the droid army. The same army Palpatine used to start the Galaxy takeover. Wiped them out to complete the Galaxy takeover. :wow:

:whew:

The prequels were as much about the mind and power of Palpatine as it was about the origin of Vader.

Shows you the genius of George and how he can come up with concepts.

He had his weaknesses. :hubie: Jar-Jar? Nuff said. George listened and tossed that sh*t after PM. :camby:

Yeah,the dialogue was cringeworthy. Could have selected better actors for adult Anakin. Never was a fan of Natalie as Padme either. :manny:

He made a pretty good movie in Revenge of the Sith, though. :obama:

Having said that. :sas1:

Nobody in the Star Wars camp now, could do anything remotely of the sort.

To see them f*ck this sh*t up this early in the game is astounding.

All from ONE movie. Remember, TFA and Rogue One had this current regime in a good place.

One f*cking movie destroyed it all. TLJ is the real Death Star. :mjlol:

Last edited: