WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Definitely influential.

Influenced Durk to do zooties

Influenced Juice WRLD to do pills, got him killed

and the crazy thing is, Fewtch don't even do that shyt. Greatest endorser of Actavis in our lifetime and all he had to do was pretend to be a drug addict while everyone else was out here suffering seizures and shyt.
:wow:

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
cb2.jpg

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Not even close

Future is FAR worse than all 3. nikka trash as fukk
Future is the first artist that made me feel old as fukk. There are a lot of young artists that even if I don't bump their shyt on the regular I can understand the appeal. I just don't get all this Future hyping. He got some fire tracks for sure but nothing about him as an artist has blown me away. Ross had me feeling that way for a bit but at least he's understandable and got a great flow. With Future I just don't get it.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Brehs really said "No major cosigns" like you don't hear Big Rube on "Pluto" before you even hear Future. :dead:

Like there weren't plenty of threads clowning over "Future" and "Hndrxx" being released back to back as contractual obligations to get Rocko the fukk out of here. :dead:

I enjoy Future's music, but we really ain't gotta come with the revisionist history to make his career impressive.

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
He not even a better artist than Thugger. What risks does Future take? Somehow, Thugger has a wider subject matter as well.

Album art >

Versatility >

Flows >

A lot of Future's biggest moments are features as well :skip:

Fewtch can NOT standalone like the other artists he suppoedly is better than as an "artist"

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Future is the first artist that made me feel old as fukk. There are a lot of young artists that even if I don't bump their shyt on the regular I can understand the appeal. I just don't get all this Future hyping. He got some fire tracks for sure but nothing about him as an artist has blown me away. Ross had me feeling that way for a bit but at least he's understandable and got a great flow. With Future I just don't get it.
:flabbynsick:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Brehs really said "No major cosigns" like you don't hear Big Rube on "Pluto" before you even hear Future. :dead:

Like there weren't plenty of threads clowning over "Future" and "Hndrxx" being released back to back as contractual obligations to get Rocko the fukk out of here. :dead:

I enjoy Future's music, but we really ain't gotta come with the revisionist history to make his career impressive.
You comparing rocko and whoever big rube is to co-signs from Wayne, dr dre, and jay z :what:

I ain’t gonna act like future wasn’t plugged to ATL royalty, but BFFR

BigTyme Records

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yeah I just turned 30 but even during the height of Future run I thought he was trash.

I kinda stopped keeping up with new artists around the time I auto tune got real big. I just can’t fukk with it :yeshrug:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the problem is that future has so much filler :dead:

as much as i love his best songs, a lot of his catalog, the trap yodeling over some bullshyt keys, is just awful. and interchangeable

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Definitely influential.

Influenced Durk to do zooties

Influenced Juice WRLD to do pills, got him killed

and the crazy thing is, Fewtch don't even do that shyt. Greatest endorser of Actavis in our lifetime and all he had to do was pretend to be a drug addict while everyone else was out here suffering seizures and shyt.

Sounds like a government plot to poison and kill off the black youth :sas2:

Plus he killed off traditional rnb on the mainstream level for black people.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sounds like a government plot to poison and kill off the black youth :sas2:

Plus he killed off traditional rnb on the mainstream level for black people.

LOL, Future did not kill off traditional R&B. You can't talk down on simping on one hand and then talk about how a rapper like Future killed traditional R&B on the other. Traditional R&B died on a mainstream level because once the Ne-Yo's, Dreams & Tricky Stewarts were no longer the go to writers and producers, what exactly was the genre left with? No longer was there a Babyface, Darryl Simmons, Missy Elliott & Timbaland, Jermaine Dupri, Brian Michael Cox, The Clutch, Sean Garrett, R. Kelly, etc. coming up.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
LOL, Future did not kill off traditional R&B. You can't talk down on simping on one hand and then talk about how a rapper like Future killed traditional R&B on the other. Traditional R&B died on a mainstream level because once the Ne-Yo's, Dreams & Tricky Stewarts were no longer the go to writers and producers, what exactly was the genre left with? No longer was there a Babyface, Darryl Simmons, Missy Elliott & Timbaland, Jermaine Dupri, Brian Michael Cox, The Clutch, Sean Garrett, R. Kelly, etc. coming up.

Abusing the autotune to alter your voice, making fast food music that ages poorly with zero replayability, depending on your producer and technology for you to even be listenable, and setting trends for everyone to be fake and superficial as they can possibly be, he is a net negative to black music altogether.