Future “as a artist” > Drake, J.Cole & Kendrick Lamar

deleteuser101

Superstar
Daps
Y’all have a wild bias for nikkas dropping gratuitously. I’m gonna assume a lot of y’all were lil Wayne fans and came to see that as the norm, it’s not and it’s not required to be a GOAT or “top #” or whatever.

“The culture” impact is also subjective, there isn’t just one culture in the black community.

No doubt future has been highly impactful, especially to a lot of the ATL/HOU rappers to come after him. But I don’t put him ahead of Kenny as an artist, they’re peers who occupy different lanes. Drake as well, breh is fugazi as a rapper but he knows how to create a hit

That’s actually a good take bro and im not knocking nobody who feels K.Dot is the better artist its what you prefer at that point.

We know Kendrick gon get his props, as well as J.Cole and Drake but Future always the one left out for some reason.

That’s kinda what was this thread is mainly about

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
That’s actually a good take bro and im not knocking nobody who feels K.Dot is the better artist its what you prefer at that point.

We know Kendrick gon get his props, as well as J.Cole and Drake but Future always the one left out for some reason.

That’s kinda what was this thread is mainly about
I think future gets his props when people talk impact and sales - like the big thread we had on here about 10’s mt Rushmore most people had him or nicki as the 4th, he’s not forgotten. But future really ain’t a good rapper, I be trying to listen intently to his shyt and very few verses does he put together a coherent story, just a bunch of lines punched in, one or two may be clever. So when we have the convo about being a top artist in sales and actually ability to rap, then yea, he gets left out.

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
Y’all have a wild bias for nikkas dropping gratuitously. I’m gonna assume a lot of y’all were lil Wayne fans and came to see that as the norm, it’s not and it’s not required to be a GOAT or “top #” or whatever.

“The culture” impact is also subjective, there isn’t just one culture in the black community.

No doubt future has been highly impactful, especially to a lot of the ATL/HOU rappers to come after him. But I don’t put him ahead of Kenny as an artist, they’re peers who occupy different lanes. Drake as well, breh is fugazi as a rapper but he knows how to create a hit
Yes the hell it is
Let’s go down the list Nas has 11 projects in the time it took Kendrick to drop 6
Jay Z released all 13 of his albums in the time it took Kendrick to drop 6
We don’t even gotta bring up Pac
Drake has 9 albums since 2010
Cole is the only one who has as low of an album count with 6 since 2010, and to his credit he’s developed a fairly successful label and put out four posse cuts since 2014
If people can disqualify 3 stacks cause he didn’t record enough we can say the same for Kendrick
And skill and lyricism matter but so do hits. Eminem can’t be the goat if no one actually hears his music outside and it’s the same for Kendrick. Same thing with Hov and Nas, Nas def a better rapper based on pure ability but he could never make hits like Hov. That versatility matters

Born Rich

triple entendre, don't ask me how...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
W$GT$
He did it without a major cosign as well.

Something that all the big three have.

real shyt…

was his connection to dungeon family known early on in his career?…regardless, it makes sense why he outlasted his peers…

future from legendary soil…

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I’d agree with Future > Cole. But Kendrick and Drake are great at making art for their lane as well. I think those would be my big 3 re: the best rap artists from their era, with Schoolboy Q being right there. Best rappers would look different
School boy Q being right there :mjlol:

Thugga exist

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Remove the mainstream audience all of these artists have, and its obvious that Future is the one who is the biggest out of all of them when it comes to purely hip hop.

Hes the one you will consistently hear more than any of these artists outside, and its been like that for over 10 years.