Future “as a artist” > Drake, J.Cole & Kendrick Lamar

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Y’all have a wild bias for nikkas dropping gratuitously.

Its the opposite.

People allow anticipation and mystique from dropping infrequently to cloud their judgement and act like that music is better art than music produced by an artist who drops more frequently or with less gimmicks.

We see this shyt all the time with dudes like Frank Ocean and Jay Electronica, where whenever they pop their head out once a while, people are blown away by something that would otherwise be a decent performance if they dropped more frequently.

Last edited:

The Connoisseurs

Superstar
Daps

Naw I’m starting it…MM got nothing on that or Codeine Crazy or even throwaway.

When I mention songs like that or even Fear it’s because they talking about real shyt in their life not no pop record cut.

Don’t get it twisted March Madness is hard but it’s more poppy than the records I mentioned.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The goat of this era

They won’t agree but I think so

2011- racks, iTony Montana
2012- magic, same damn time, turn off the lights, blow, itching, love me
2013, honest, shyt, ueono,
2014- move that dope, fukk up some commas, where ya at, buy the world, code in crazy
2015- March madness, jump man
2016- lowlife, used to this, too much sauce
2017- mask off,
2018- fine china
2019- crushed up, jumpin on a jet, life is good
2020- trillionaire
2021- too easy, maybach way too sexy
2022- wait for you
2023- hard to handle

Like dude has been outside and popping every year

Lets not forget his mixtapes and albums

2011- dirty sprite, true story, streets calling
2012- Astronaut status, Pluto
2013- the movie, no sleep
2014- honest, monster, beast mode, 56 nights
2015- ds2, what a time to be alive
2016- evol, purple reign
2017- future
2019- the wzd
2020- high of life
2022- I never liked you

He’s one of the greatest to be honest

Last edited:

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Naw I’m starting it…MM got nothing on that or Codeine Crazy or even throwaway.

When I mention songs like that or even Fear it’s because they talking about real shyt in their life not no pop record cut.

Don’t get it twisted March Madness is hard but it’s more poppy than the records I mentioned.

Bro what the hell are you talking about?

I said MM is one of the greatest songs ever I never said anything about codein crazy or throaway (that’s one of my top 5 future songs) when all of those are top future songs

Now you’re creating arguments for fukk sake

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Content matters when you talk about artist. Theres a reason I wouldnt bring up Project Pat in a discussion about Pac,Cube,nas and Jay. Even if I might listen to him as much as the rest. In hiphop these discussions our reserved for artist who take themselves and their craft a little more seriously. If your not trying to be the best emcee or best artist,this discussion is probably not going to include you.

You can still be included when we talk about hits. I said Future could probably knock Drake off in a versuz battle.

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Future says a whole lot of nothing on every track, the definition of being carried by production especially these days. Like that metro album he sounds uninterested in just about every track metro had to carry the album

He's become lazy on recent projects

I'd say he was more coherent in that classic mixtape run of his, guided by the producers

He's on Mt Rushmore of this generation for sure

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
Future gotta be the one of the most one dimensional superstars of all time

Future says a whole lot of nothing on every track, the definition of being carried by production especially these days. Like that metro album he sounds uninterested in just about every track metro had to carry the album
Feds did a Sweep
Throw Away
Wrote Drunk in Love for Beyoncé
Kno the Meaning
Deeper than the Ocean
And many other R&B love song collabs and projects like EVOL and Hendrixx

It’s nothing wrong with not listening to an artist but you can’t just listen to 3 songs and act like you know everything they’re capable of

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Feds did a Sweep
Throw Away
Kno the Meaning
Deeper than the Ocean

It’s nothing wrong with not listening to an artist but you can’t just listen to 3 songs and act like you know everything they’re capable of

Let's throw out the R&B love song collabs and what he wrote for others

He's being judged on his own material. Rap shyt specifically

He has a lot of quality, but also a lot of filler. His top 25 goes hard for sure

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Feds did a Sweep
Throw Away
Kno the Meaning
Deeper than the Ocean

The disconnect usually is that these types of listeners don't have the ear or appreciation for southern hip hop outside Outkast and Scarface, because they pedestalize that classic 90s NY sound of hip hop of conscious bars and story telling that has become the framework of hip hop to most people. They hear a trap snare or 808 and immediately write off the song and artist, forgetting that hip hop started out with people turning up before artists focusing on creating cohesive compilations of art.

Future is one of the best artists in this era to illustrate the feelings of abandonment and revenge on wax, and then he can do a 180 and make some ignorant shyt like Type shyt off the new album. And he does this at such a high level where he can be outside every year and remain the top guy without people being tired of him. Just because he isn't conscious like Cole or Kendrick, doesn't mean he doesn't excel in other areas to compensate for that.

Last edited: