Future “as a artist” > Drake, J.Cole & Kendrick Lamar

DJSmooth

Superstar
Daps
Lol Future found his lane and stuck to it.

And yall want him to rap about deeper content just to fukk up his bag?? Why would he risk losing millions doing that when he doesn't have to.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Future talks about nothing and cannot make an entire album to save his life. He has nothigng in the stratosphere of FHD, GKMC, Take Care, shyt even Big Seans DSP or 21s I Am > I Was. Hes only grown in popularity as an artist because the Atlanta ecosystem keeps growing, allowing him to cross pollinate with other artists (THugga and YSL, Metro, 21, and Drake who dikkrides the Atlanta collective).

even the nikkas biggest and most organic hit (Wait For U), is CARRIED by the sample, so much so that Tems popularity exploded as a result. Hardly anybody knows wtf hes talking about in his verses :mjlol:>

Dude is the epitome of mediocre, carried by production, and ive no idea how he is as big as he is.
The production on nearly every Future release will outlast nearly every one of those albums listed besides GKMC and I Am > I Was (the latter of which is on par with multiple Future releases). This post sounds like somebody stuck in one era and only knows an artist by their singles and nothing else.

Also since you did mention a Cole album, it wasn’t until his most recent album that he finally didn’t have wack ass sleepy beats. His best beats have been on other people’s projects. He spent too much time producing his own stuff that he basically wasted his lyrics and content over that mess. And the reason Cole’s album have actually had the least replay value out of all those you listed regardless of his lyrics and content. If simply being a good rapper was the sole thing to take into consideration, Canibus would be on the charts right now.

Last edited:

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Better artist than Hov too.

He just doesn’t have the lyrics or themes for the majority to agree. But Future can make a 12 song album and have different flows/melodies/sonics on every single one.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Nope.
He has no substance. A lot of this forum is middle aged. I took in that new album. Dude still rapping about perks and codeine. There's some wordplay but I wouldn't even call it clever. The flows are the only thing but he saying NOTHING. He sounds like a parody of himself. What does artistic mean to you OP. This shyt lazy as fukk. Dude has no growth in a decade of relevance.

This is the end result of people ranking hip-hop like they do athletes.

Who gives a fukk how many albums someone releases in a certain time period?

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
Future talks about nothing and cannot make an entire album to save his life. He has nothigng in the stratosphere of FHD, GKMC, Take Care, shyt even Big Seans DSP or 21s I Am > I Was. Hes only grown in popularity as an artist because the Atlanta ecosystem keeps growing, allowing him to cross pollinate with other artists (THugga and YSL, Metro, 21, and Drake who dikkrides the Atlanta collective).

even the nikkas biggest and most organic hit (Wait For U), is CARRIED by the sample, so much so that Tems popularity exploded as a result. Hardly anybody knows wtf hes talking about in his verses :mjlol:>

Dude is the epitome of mediocre, carried by production, and ive no idea how he is as big as he is.
I am someone who did not fukk with future at all prior to his 2015 run. He isn’t on their level in terms of rapping or subject matter but DS2 is a classic moreso so than anything you mentioned besides GKMC and the reason why his popularity skyrocketed

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Future is a really intriguing artist because he has this weird mix of musicality and natural creativity for hooks/melodies, but a really limited vocabulary compared to his peers. In turn, his music is highly accessible and when he finds a pocket, he finds a fukking pocket (e.g., March Madness, Honest, Throw Away, UOENO, Magic, etc), but he’s never going to as be respected as some of his peers because of the aforementioned.

However, the barrier to entry to his music is incredibly low, so you can put his shyt on, turn your brain off, chill, vibe, whatever. Whereas you can’t do that with a lot of more “respected” rapper’s music (see recent debates about “scaring the whores music”). He’s had a great career all in all.
I’ve never had to turn my brain on to listen to any artist. Wtf are you yapping about

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Nope.
He has no substance. A lot of this forum is middle aged. I took in that new album. Dude still rapping about perks and codeine. There's some wordplay but I wouldn't even call it clever. The flows are the only thing but he saying NOTHING. He sounds like a parody of himself. What does artistic mean to you OP. This shyt lazy as fukk. Dude has no growth in a decade of relevance.
What is substance? Topics that you want to hear

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps

And yall want him to rap about deeper content just to fukk up his bag?? Why would he risk losing millions doing that when he doesn't have to.

Nah, no one wants him to do that. Some people are just tired of pretending that being a mediocre ass rapper who needs autotune to create music is somehow more "artistic" because his fans can't defend his mediocre lyrics or the lack of ability to rap about more than 3 or 4 things :manny:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP

Bruh, Future was willing to do that until he realized fans were lamin out on him around the time the WIZRD dropped. He was ready to switch up and then when the WIZRD didn't do as well, he doubled down on pretending to be an addict.