Future “as a artist” > Drake, J.Cole & Kendrick Lamar

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Abusing the autotune to alter your voice, making fast food music that ages poorly with zero replayability, depending on your producer and technology for you to even be listenable, and setting trends for everyone to be fake and superficial as they can possibly be, he is a net negative to black music altogether.

T-Pain came before Future. Fast food music is subjective.

You don't have a song without depending on producer regardless of how talented you are. ALL artists are products of production. It is called production for a reason.

Real and fake is neither here or there. Most artists are not telling their own personal stories when creating songs.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Nope.
He has no substance. A lot of this forum is middle aged. I took in that new album. Dude still rapping about perks and codeine. There's some wordplay but I wouldn't even call it clever. The flows are the only thing but he saying NOTHING. He sounds like a parody of himself. What does artistic mean to you OP. This shyt lazy as fukk. Dude has no growth in a decade of relevance.

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
Ewww.

Future never evolved. He has a recipe and he stayed hot because he stayed consistent. Doesnt make him, what op is making him appear like, a “generational talent” or such.

This is a horrible thread.

Tell us youre a grown man that loves to lick Fewches gooch without telling us you know what it actually tastes like.

Longevity while being mid doesnt make you exceptional. Just means you know how to play the long range game while maintaining some relevance.

Imo, Future is the rap version of PJ Tucker.

Ryda52

All Star
Daps
:yeshrug: If Cole, Drake, and Kendrick are considered veterans, then Future needs that same respect too. He is their peer whether backpack nikkas wanna give him that credit or not. He came out in the same era. And as a matter of fact, his run before monster to me was his best era personally. As far as artistry, I’ll put him over Drake and in the same category as Cole but just not from a lyrical standpoint. They albums be bout neck and neck for me.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Future talks about nothing and cannot make an entire album to save his life. He has nothigng in the stratosphere of FHD, GKMC, Take Care, shyt even Big Seans DSP or 21s I Am > I Was. Hes only grown in popularity as an artist because the Atlanta ecosystem keeps growing, allowing him to cross pollinate with other artists (THugga and YSL, Metro, 21, and Drake who dikkrides the Atlanta collective).

even the nikkas biggest and most organic hit (Wait For U), is CARRIED by the sample, so much so that Tems popularity exploded as a result. Hardly anybody knows wtf hes talking about in his verses :mjlol:>

Dude is the epitome of mediocre, carried by production, and ive no idea how he is as big as he is.

Last edited:

deleteuser101

Superstar
Daps
Ewww.

Future never evolved. He has a recipe and he stayed hot because he stayed consistent. Doesnt make him, what op is making him appear like, a “generational talent” or such.

This is a horrible thread.

Tell us youre a grown man that loves to lick Fewches gooch without telling us you know what it actually tastes like.

Longevity while being mid doesnt make you exceptional. Just means you know how to play the long range game while maintaining some relevance.

Imo, Future is the rap version of PJ Tucker.

Yeah either you don’t know music or you don’t know sports cuz how tf u compare Future to PJ Tucker :mjlol:

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Crazy because I think Future has the skill and ability to put a cohesive project together that has artistic merit. He's shown that in songs scattered across his catalog. Just not consistently on a single project.

Still fukk with his run from 56 nights to DS2

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Future talks about nothing and cannot make an entire album to save his life. He has nothigng in the stratosphere of FHD, GKMC, Take Care, shyt even Big Seans DSP or 21s I Am > I Was. Hes only grown in popularity as an artist because the Atlanta ecosystem keeps growing, allowing him to cross pollinate with other artists (THugga and YSL, Metro, 21, and Drake who dikkrides the Atlanta collective).

even the nikkas biggest and most organic hit (Wait For U), is CARRIED by the sample, so much so that Tems popularity exploded as a result. Hardly anybody knows wtf hes talking about in his verses :mjlol:>

Dude is the epitome of mediocre, carried by production, and ive no idea how he is as big as he is.

ATL doesn't care about,lyrical content or music aging gracefully. Just anything to make superficial goldigging hoes twerk and addiction to AUTOTUNE and BEATS over everything else, and they classify Future as a legend. No wonder Bone Thugs n Harmony wanted to clap him.