FUE Hair Transplant (official thread)

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Apparently Biotin does nothing for hair growth. It only messes up your bloodwork

That’s not true. Where are you getting this from? Biotin will make your hair and nails thicker

Can a dermatologist prescribe you shyt that will have the same effect as surgery?

A dermatologist can prescribe finasteride which will help retain hair you already have. But nothing will match the results of a good surgery

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
That’s not true. Where are you getting this from? Biotin will make your hair and nails thicker

A dermatologist can prescribe finasteride which will help retain hair you already have. But nothing will match the results of a good surgery
Then what does minoxidil do

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
surgery>>finasteride>>monox

in that order
Finasteride > surgery > minoxidil if you're under 40
surgery>>finasteride>>minox If you're 40 or above

At 40 most men have lost what they're going to lose and their hair loss pattern is mostly fixed. They can get surgery and there shouldn't be a major difference a couple years down the line with/without finasteride.

But young men who get the surgery at like 25 will still lose hair in areas that wasn't covered by the first surgery. So they get a second or perhaps third surgery. Depending on the surgery even rocking the clean shaven look could be tiresome as they may have noticeable scars.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
Finasteride > surgery > minoxidil if you're under 40
surgery>>finasteride>>minox If you're 40 or above

At 40 most men have lost what they're going to lose and their hair loss pattern is mostly fixed. They can get surgery and there shouldn't be a major difference a couple years down the line with/without finasteride.

But young men who get the surgery at like 25 will still lose hair in areas that wasn't covered by the first surgery. So they get a second or perhaps third surgery. Depending on the surgery even rocking the clean shaven look could be tiresome as they may have noticeable scars.
its not that simple. Some brehs bald early and are done by 30. so a transplant for them in their late 20s makes sense.

YaThreadFloppedB!

The Patron Saint of Threads
Daps
Reppin
The Bushes
I’m going to guess since the bros that got it done stopped coming in like that, they are basking in their new found follicles. Read the whole thread from start to finish, just now.

most of the pics were gone.

@5’11Behomoth
@GrindtooFilthy
y’all were some of the last ones to get this done. How did it turn out? Updates?
*enters temple*
*removes jedi hood*

I took the pilgrimage on August ‘20.

on a scale of 1-10 of satisfaction, i’m at about a 9.3. No regrets. There’s a small spot towards the left side of my crown that is kinda light but its not really noticeable.

Outside/natural light or bright lights it still looks good.

Ill try to remember upload pics sometime this week

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
its not that simple. Some brehs bald early and are done by 30. so a transplant for them in their late 20s makes sense.

Sure, but those are the edge cases, a consultation with a doctor will confirm their aggressive hair loss has burned itself out and the best course of action is a transplant. But in the majority of cases what I said applies.

It certainly applies to me at 28. I won't have a good idea of my pattern until I'm 31-32 but my hairline is on life support. I'm on finasteride but not minoxidil.

Jsully

Pro
Daps

Spoke to my dermatologist cause my edges are thinning. Says there is no clinical research that says it helps. Also, its rare for people to be biotin deficient. And if you get blood work done make sure you let them know cause it meses your blood work up. I researched it after he told me and it all says the same thing

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Hit a heavy shed a month back but over the course of the last three and a half weeks, the hair has began regrowth and is sprouting like crazy. Right side is growing quicker than the left but the hairs are popping up left and right. Cosmetically significant enough that they can be seen at a distance. For reference, I'm right at month three and am also on Rogaine foam and dutasteride.