FTC sues to Block M$-Activision deal

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
This is like when Murder Inc/Death Row almost had a formation, only for the fuzz to come through.

Ole snitching ass gamers :francis:
Or when bill Cosby tried to buy CBS

Or when JPrince, Suge and Irv tried to start a black owned distribution company

Feds always hating on a brotha :pacspit:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Will there be a discovery phase in this suit? Because that'll let us know what Microsoft's offer to Sony was. I firmly believe it was strictly COD Mobile.

If the deal goes through, I'm willing to bet MS will have to put in writing that COD stays on Sony's consoles going forward.

Canon

Veteran
Daps
IMG_3103.png
:ehh:Bae on team Sony

MS incels gonna be on her head tho

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
"citing its commitment at time of purchase to honor existing deals for ZeniMax games."

I never understood why this was cited so often in these conversations when they had no choice but to honor those deals. People were acting like MS were doing this outta the goodness of their hearts.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
"citing its commitment at time of purchase to honor existing deals for ZeniMax games."

I never understood why this was cited so often in these conversations when they had no choice but to honor those deals. People were acting like MS were doing this outta the goodness of their hearts.

Yeah, they are done in the UK, they may be able to fight the FTC off but they literally went back on their word to regulators there. No way they approve it

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
They never said Zenimax games would be multiplat.

The Notifying Party explains that the profitability of a strategy to make ZeniMax games exclusive to the Xbox console would depend on a trade-off between: (i) the value of attracting new players to the Xbox ecosystem; and (ii) the lost income from the sale of ZeniMax games for rival consoles (through the related storefronts). In this regard, the Notifying Party forecasts that a significant share of ZeniMax games sales will occur on rival consoles over the life cycle of the newly released console generation.106 Based on such a trade-off, the Notifying Party submits that a hypothetical console exclusivity strategy would be profitable only if it led to an increase in the number of Xbox users [forecast million] over the next five years, corresponding to an increase in Xbox shipments [forecast percentage] above the forecast level.107

They always said the games could/would be used strategically.

Their current argument is that the 300 million they would be leaving on the table by removing COD from playstation, would be insurmountable through the extra console/gamepass sales they may receive.

Zenimax games don’t make nearly that much so it makes business sense for them to use those games to increase gamepass subs and xbox sales.

That’s what they have always said.

Last edited:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
:mjlol: Bunch of losers. Trash ass Microsoft can’t even make one good exclusive, gotta go claim popular shyt. I hope it don’t get blocked tho, this would kill Xbox and Sony will get complacent.
Sony doesnt develop their biggest exclusives. They are through developers they bought over the years. Sony only publishes games like god of war etc.

It seems the FTC has an issue because Microsoft has the bank roll to buy the biggest whale in the ocean, that Sony could never afford.

The counter argument though is its not Microsoft fault that Sony is broke boy status as far as big corporations are considered.

This is due partly that Sony, the company, has released many failures of movies, tech, tvs, laptops, etc over the decades.

But that shouldnt be weighed against Microsoft, an infinite more successful company.

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
So MS got caught trying to steal multiplatform games and turn them into Xbox exclusives? Just like I knew they were trying to do. :mjpls:

Gotta salute the FTC on this one :salute:

:scust: @ MS being so pathetic in the exclusive department that they have to resort to this. :hhh:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
The more things change, the more they stay the same

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Sony doesnt develop their biggest exclusives. They are through developers they bought over the years. Sony only publishes games like god of war etc.

It seems the FTC has an issue because Microsoft has the bank roll to buy the biggest whale in the ocean, that Sony could never afford.

The counter argument though is its not Microsoft fault that Sony is broke boy status as far as big corporations are considered.

This is due partly that Sony, the company, has released many failures of movies, tech, tvs, laptops, etc over the decades.

But that shouldnt be weighed against Microsoft, an infinite more successful company.
:mjlol: