FTC sues to Block M$-Activision deal

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Oh please breh, Microsoft has kept their word.. they haven’t pulled one game from PlayStation. And if anybody thought starfield would be multiplat is delusional.
Because they can't.

This weird "good guy Microsoft just wants everybody to play" narrative that some of you stans like to push is hilarious.

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
Because they can't.

This weird "good guy Microsoft just wants everybody to play" narrative that some of you stans like to push is hilarious.
Not a Stan at all but if you can’t recognize me speaking objectively then that’s on you. Let’s keep it a buck, if Sony owned Bethesda we wouldn’t even have to wonder what’s going to happen when it comes to Bethesda games on Xbox.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Not a Stan at all but if you can’t recognize me speaking objectively then that’s on you. Let’s keep it a buck, if Sony owned Bethesda we wouldn’t even have to wonder what’s going to happen when it comes to Bethesda games on Xbox.
I'll take you at your word. Sorry about the "stan" dig. Anyway, MS has no choice but to honor prior contracts. It's not like they're doing this outta good will. They wouldn't have made every ZeniMax/Bethesda title exclusive had that been the case. Further, I don't believe prior released games is a good indicator of anything. They still get updates/support, because Sony uses the same parity clauses as MS.

MS owns ZeniMax/Bethesda, so there's no point in talking about something that hasn't happened in this reality. :manny:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Because they can't.

They can stop supporting those games if they wanted to. It just doesn’t make economic sense.

It’s not about being a “good guy”

The economics of things say some games are more profitable with large communities. Some games work out better economically as drivers for their subscription service/console sales.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Oh please breh, Microsoft has kept their word.. they haven’t pulled one game from PlayStation. And if anybody thought starfield would be multiplat is delusional.
They can't just pull an existing game off of Playstation.

Starfield being multiplat is delusional? Are you in the same world as I am? For what reason would Bethesda opt to skipping the console with the largest install base?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Starfield being multiplat is delusional? Are you in the same world as I am? For what reason would Bethesda opt to skipping the console with the largest install base?
They can stop supporting those games. Elder scrolls online and Fallout 76 have gotten huge expansion that microsoft doesn’t necessarily have to extend to playstation.

They could chose not to release new minecraft games on other consoles but they have not done that.

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN

Once Bethesda got purchased who thought starfield would be coming to PlayStation?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Once Bethesda got purchased who thought starfield would be coming to PlayStation?
That shouldn't have mattered. Starfield was in development since 2015, years before Bethesda got purchased.
Starfield’s concept had been in the studio's mind for some time prior to the trademarking of the name in 2013. According to Howard, "There were no other names [we considered]. It had to be 'Starfield'."[5] Howard said active development of the game had been ongoing since the release of Fallout 4 in late 2015.[9] By mid-2018, the game had moved out of pre-production, and was in a playable state.[9][10]
People thought since it was already announced pre-purchase of Bethesda that it would still launch on Playstation. I mean y'all are also saying MSFT out of the goodness of their heart won't do things like that and use Minecraft as an example yet now suddenly they're making the next game exclusive?

Same train of thought applies to Minecraft legends; Mojang was purchased back in 2014 yet their latest game is still coming to Playstation and Minecraft isn't some small game, it's WAY bigger than Starfield or Elder's Scrolls. It's not crazy to think good guy MSFT would do that. Hell, it contradicts the often-used talking point of "MSFT doesn't care about console sales, they just want to drive up Gamepass!" If that were actually true, Starfield wouldn't have skipped Playstation because according to the logic displayed in this thread a game for "Free" on Gamepass >>>>>$70 on Playstation.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
That shouldn't have mattered. Starfield was in development since 2015, years before Bethesda got purchased.

People thought since it was already announced pre-purchase of Bethesda that it would still launch on Playstation. I mean y'all are also saying MSFT out of the goodness of their heart won't do things like that and use Minecraft as an example yet now suddenly they're making the next game exclusive?

Same train of thought applies to Minecraft legends; Mojang was purchased back in 2014 yet their latest game is still coming to Playstation and Minecraft isn't some small game, it's WAY bigger than Starfield or Elder's Scrolls. It's not crazy to think good guy MSFT would do that. Hell, it contradicts the often-used talking point of "MSFT doesn't care about console sales, they just want to drive up Gamepass!" If that were actually true, Starfield wouldn't have skipped Playstation because according to the logic displayed in this thread a game for "Free" on Gamepass >>>>>$70 on Playstation.
Damn, stop bytching. You have gamepass and have made it clear you prefer playing microsoft games on its most dominant platform — windows.

Stop concern trolling.

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN

A Sony fan worried about games being exclusive :lupe:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Damn, stop bytching. You have gamepass and have made it clear you prefer playing microsoft games on its most dominant platform — windows.

Stop concern trolling.
The nikka ask me a question, I respond and now it’s bytching? lol you nikkas are so insecure. What’s the point of this forum even? Save me the response of you having all the platforms :russell: