FTC sues to Block M$-Activision deal

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Don’t matter what place it’s in. Like i said,’it all goes back to y’all feeling like playstation is just inherently entitled to these games. It is not.

The reality is that Microsoft games have very broad reach. Out of any publisher right now, Microsoft games have the potential to reach the most people.
I’m sorry but letting a company continuously just buy and remove whole publishers catalogues from a rival console at will is not good for the industry. The line should be drawn at Activision. Beyond that no more of these large purchases.

Microsoft is talking the right talk right now because if the scrutiny of the deal. We all know deep down if this was fast tracked through they’d likely not be putting forth these deals and yank all the content they could from rivals.

If they take these devs and put them on new original titles developed under Microsoft’s wing no harm no foul but if they start yanking content from rivals that would normally go to them that’s not in the best interest of consumers.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Don’t matter what place it’s in. Like i said,’it all goes back to y’all feeling like playstation is just inherently entitled to these games. It is not.

The reality is that Microsoft games have very broad reach. Out of any publisher right now, Microsoft games have the potential to reach the most people.
Since I'm here, I'll go ahead and give a real response.

What is this potential you speak of? How many folks are really playing games places other than Consoles and PC? Example, Skyrim was released across all platforms at one point or another. Are you suggesting more people going to play ES6 without the PS/Nintendo player base?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I’m sorry but letting a company continuously just buy and remove whole publishers catalogues from a rival console at will is not good for the industry. The line should be drawn at Activision. Beyond that no more of these large purchases.
Why do y’all jump to that strawman.

Nobody said they should be able to indiscriminately buy everything. If that’s the case, they just buy Sony and end it all:stopitslime:
Microsoft is talking the right talk right now because if the scrutiny of the deal. We all know deep down if this was fast tracked through they’d likely not be putting forth these deals and yank all the content they could from rivals.
This is not true. They have not signed any contracts for the other games they have NOT yanked from rivals. It makes zero economic sense to remove some games from outside platforms. Same reason why Sony is going multiplatform with Destiny, and they are even getting a lot more cozy with PC releases because at a certain point “exclusives” only do so much for your bottom line.
If they take these devs and put them on new original titles developed under Microsoft’s wing no harm no foul but if they start yanking content from rivals that would normally go to them that’s not in the best interest of consumers.
Being that each and every game doesn’t HAVE to be a smashing success for gamepass to work, i think the devs under microsoft will have more creative opportunities than they would have without being acquired. Could just be talk but Phil Spencer already mentioned reviving some activision IP.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Since I'm here, I'll go ahead and give a real response.

What is this potential you speak of? How many folks are really playing games places other than Consoles and PC? Example, Skyrim was released across all platforms at one point or another. Are you suggesting more people going to play ES6 without the PS/Nintendo player base?
Mobile gaming market is HUGE.

Pretty much anyone on earth with a internet connection will have access to microsoft games.

Sony stan holdouts probably gone be some of the biggest supporters of game streaming if microsoft keeps buying stuff :ehh:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Why do y’all jump to that strawman.

Nobody said they should be able to indiscriminately buy everything.

This is not true. They have not signed any contracts for the other games they have NOT yanked from rivals. It makes zero economic sense to remove some games from outside platforms. Same reason why Sony is going multiplatform with Destiny, and they are even getting a lot more cozy with PC releases because at a certain point “exclusives” only do so much for your bottom line.

Being that each and every game doesn’t HAVE to be a smashing success for gamepass to work, i think the devs under microsoft will have more creative opportunities than they would have without being acquired. Could just be talk but Phil Spencer already mentioned reviving some activision IP.
You might see it as a strawman, it's a real concern. M$ has done it in other industries before...

Why be creative when you can just buy out the competition.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You might see it as a strawman, it's a real concern. M$ has done it in other industries before...
Sony stan’s always “concerned” :mjlol:

Let the regulators worry about that. Future doom and gloom scenarios are not good reason to stop totally legal actions today.
Why be creative when you can just buy out the competition.
Nobody ever told you how capitalism works huh?

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Mobile gaming market is HUGE.

Pretty much anyone on earth with a internet connection will have access to microsoft games.

Sony stan holdouts probably gone be some of the biggest supporters of game streaming if microsoft keeps buying stuff :ehh:
Yea, Mobile games. Like Diablo Immortal right? Who's really choosing to play COD on their ipad instead of a Console/PC?

Who wants to stream a game that'll buffer when you internet slips a bit? There's a reason people still buy consoles/pcs.

edit: I still see you're on this stan shyt. nikka sound like a bunch of 6th graders arguing WCW vs WWF in 1997

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yea, Mobile games. Like Diablo Immortal right? Who's really choosing to play COD on their ipad instead of a Console/PC?
People who don’t have a PC or a console that play the game. :ehh:
Who wants to stream a game that'll buffer when you internet slips a bit? There's a reason people still buy consoles/pcs.
Yes, the experience will always be better with local processing power, but there’s a reason lots of people are gaming through the cloud. Hell cloud gamers access to activison games is one of the biggest things regulators are looking into when considering the deal.
edit: I still see you're on this stan shyt. nikka sound like a bunch of 6th graders arguing WCW vs WWF in 1997
And you do stuff like this:
You're right. They're doing everything they can to expand their player base.

Then pretend to be surprised at “stan shyt”

I only respond to you with the energy you give out.

Stop trying to play both sides, embrace your standom. It’s obvious you can’t hide it :blessed:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps

People who don’t have a PC or a console that play the game. :ehh:

Yes, the experience will always be better with local processing power, but there’s a reason lots of people are gaming through the cloud. Hell cloud gamers access to activison games is one of the biggest things regulators are looking into when considering the deal.

And you do stuff like this:

Then pretend to be surprised at “stan shyt”

I only respond to you with the energy you give out.

Stop trying to play both sides, embrace your standom. It’s obvious you can’t hide it :blessed:
Jokes is jokes.

I'll let you rock tho.

Craig_The_Halo_Infinite_Brute_Banner.jpg

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
I backed all these cats down 3 years ago in the main console threads
I was telling them that THEY are the reason this shyt happens ... and trying to show them money and reality
you can search through and find it

so when people say "I dont want microsoft to just buy shyt"
thats what I told you was gonna happen
there was no care or rivalry until Sony people started acting weird and corny as fukk
you never heard Nintendo or Microsoft people even remotely care about the other shyt

but people wanted to argue and be corny for years, off some shyt they dont even own or care about
its directly sony fans fault that shyt is being bought, so im not trying to hear that shyt
if there wasnt ongoing complaining microsoft probably never cares or buys anything

so just like I said 3 years ago to weirdos who constantly complain about fantasy fukkery
everytime you complain, you are just getting me more free shyt. More companies being bought, longer sales and day 1 free plays, more games being crossed over etc

without sony people complaining for years, microsoft probably just does gamepass and doesnt care about much

the weird shyt about "console wars" is people knew what they were buying
its not like people bought a playstation, nintendo or xbox on accident
I dont understand how you can shame someone for getting what they wanted

I personally dont care for many sony exclusives so I start with Xbox... play the gamepass and then once Sony starts having sales I stock up on all the titles for 39.99 - 20$. Its no different for me with microsoft, I could give a fukk less about halo or gears of war, whatever they call exclusive. I just never understood the logic behind crying about games people may or may not want to play. I've never heard someone say "Damn you aint got Nintendo or Mario? you're a fukking lame" or "You dont be on Gears Of War... what a fukking peasant" only Sony people do that weird shyt. If people wanted to be on those games, they would have bought a playstation

Its like the weird nikkas that own a pickup truck but dont do construction. but wanna tell you all about how because they have a pickup truck nobody is fukking with them. Its like, not everyone wants a pickup truck :russ: I dont need that shyt. How you gonna shame someone for some random shyt they arent into? Super weirdo logic

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I backed all these cats down 3 years ago in the main console threads
I was telling them that THEY are the reason this shyt happens ... and trying to show them money and reality
you can search through and find it

so when people say "I dont want microsoft to just buy shyt"
thats what I told you was gonna happen
there was no care or rivalry until Sony people started acting weird and corny as fukk
you never heard Nintendo or Microsoft people even remotely care about the other shyt

but people wanted to argue and be corny for years, off some shyt they dont even own or care about
its directly sony fans fault that shyt is being bought, so im not trying to hear that shyt
if there wasnt ongoing complaining microsoft probably never cares or buys anything

so just like I said 3 years ago to weirdos who constantly complain about fantasy fukkery
everytime you complain, you are just getting me more free shyt. More companies being bought, longer sales and day 1 free plays, more games being crossed over etc

without sony people complaining for years, microsoft probably just does gamepass and doesnt care about much

the weird shyt about "console wars" is people knew what they were buying
its not like people bought a playstation, nintendo or xbox on accident
I dont understand how you can shame someone for getting what they wanted

I personally dont care for many sony exclusives so I start with Xbox... play the gamepass and then once Sony starts having sales I stock up on all the titles for 39.99 - 20$. Its no different for me with microsoft, I could give a fukk less about halo or gears of war, whatever they call exclusive. I just never understood the logic behind crying about games people may or may not want to play. I've never heard someone say "Damn you aint got Nintendo or Mario? you're a fukking lame" or "You dont be on Gears Of War... what a fukking peasant" only Sony people do that weird shyt. If people wanted to be on those games, they would have bought a playstation

Its like the weird nikkas that own a pickup truck but dont do construction. but wanna tell you all about how because they have a pickup truck nobody is fukking with them. Its like, not everyone wants a pickup truck :russ: I dont need that shyt. How you gonna shame someone for some random shyt they arent into? Super weirdo logic

You wrote a whole rap song to say nothing