FTC sues to Block M$-Activision deal

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You right its not illegal but you dont want this one huge company making a monopoly... WHICH is what MS IS DOING...:comeon:
It’s not a monopoly otherwise it would be illegal.

You don’t want microsoft buying stuff cause you want all games to come to playstation.

Sorry but it ain’t gone work out like you want it to:manny:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
It’s not a monopoly otherwise it would be illegal.

You don’t want microsoft buying stuff cause you want all games to come to playstation.

Sorry but it ain’t gone work out like you want it to:manny:

i want all the games to come to playstaion??? :childplease: :mjlol: did i ever say that? there's an ecosystem of games out there and MS just ate a chunk of the third party marketplace just to absorb games to have it exclusive to their ecosystem. it will become a monopoly just you wait...

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
i want all the games to come to playstaion??? :childplease: :mjlol: did i ever say that? there's an ecosystem of games out there and MS just ate a chunk of the third party marketplace just to absorb games to have it exclusive to their ecosystem. it will become a monopoly just you wait...
Yes :ehh:
because now the 3rd party games we would buy on playstation we HAVE to buy an xbox or PC just to play them... :childplease: half the world owns playstations and only playstations... they shouldnt be forced to buy a PC or cheap xbox just to play the next elder scrolls or other games... stahp it...

You feel playstation and playstation gamers are entitled to these games. You aren’t :manny:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Yes :ehh:

You feel playstation and playstation gamers are entitled to these games. You aren’t :manny:

:snoop: jesus christ... Im saying there's a balance of games can be played on playstation OR xbox before all of this but MS has destroyed the damned balance buying up these companies...

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:snoop: jesus christ... Im saying there's a balance of games can be played on playstation OR xbox before all of this but MS has destroyed the damned balance buying up these companies...
And that’s not true. There’s more than enough games to go around. And Microsoft games are the most accessible of all of them. Most people already have a device capable of playing xbox games.

It’s sony and nintendo trying to lock games up to force you into buying hardware. Microsoft strategy is a bit different.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
As has been repeating many times, the issue is with M$'s ability to buy up as many publishers as they wish.
Until the scale is tipped in Microsoft favor their acquisitions don’t amount to them overtaking anyone at the top of the industry so why should it matter?

We have two willing parties coming together and the result of which isn’t going to create some monopoly. At best it will take the #3 player and boost them to #2 in home consoles.

Now past Activision if they continue to buy major publishers that should be an issue.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Until the scale is tipped in Microsoft favor their acquisitions don’t amount to them overtaking anyone at the top of the industry so why should it matter?

We have two willing parties coming together and the result of which isn’t going to create some monopoly. At best it will take the #3 player and boost them to #2 in home consoles.

Now past Activision if they continue to buy major publishers that should be an issue.
But, but they have the money. They should be able to purchase whatever they want.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
But, but they have the money. They should be able to purchase whatever they want.
If they remain at or below the size of their largest competitor can an issue be raised? I don’t think so. If they just keep buying companies and use that to become the dominant force in the market questions should be raised.

It’s not about them having the money it’s about protecting consumers and keeping competition fair between sides.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
If they remain at or below the size of their largest competitor can an issue be raised? I don’t think so. If they just keep buying companies and use that to become the dominant force in the market questions should be raised.

It’s not about them having the money it’s about protecting consumers and keeping competition fair between sides.
I'll bite.

This is what most of us have been saying. M$ already has plenty of developers under their umbrella and they haven't done much with what they have. There's a difference between offering money for exclusives (said developer can opt out and release the game as they see fit down the road), and outright buying developers.

I do wonder why M$ never went the route of buying more timed exclusives. Or if they did, what made the developers say no to the offer.

In either case, it's a business move. It is what it is.

:manny:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'll bite.

This is what most of us have been saying. M$ already has plenty of developers under their umbrella and they haven't done much with what they have. There's a difference between offering money for exclusives (said developer can opt out and release the game as they see fit down the road), and outright buying developers.

I do wonder why M$ never went the route of buying more timed exclusives. Or if they did, what made the developers say no to the offer.

In either case, it's a business move. It is what it is.

:manny:
Microsoft is attempting to get Game Pass of the ground. They clearly need more developers for that service so they can up their pace of first party game releases.

I don’t see the argument that they have a lot they don’t need anymore so don’t let them do this as a valid legal argument of why two willing companies shouldn’t be allowed to merge.

Microsoft shareholders are cool with it. Activision shareholders want it. If there isn’t a valid legal reason why it shouldn’t happen then governments should stay out of it.

Protection of the industry status quo is a bullshyt reason. Double so when the difference in market share between the company asking for protection is well over double the rival.