FTC sues to Block M$-Activision deal

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This is exactly why I’m on the side of this merger. Sony needs competition to keep them honest. As they’ve dominated they’ve leaned more and more to the anti-consumer side of doing business. It’s honestly not their fault because that’s inevitable in the absence of competition.
So because of Xbox leadership’s own incompetence they should be allowed to just buy their way into competition

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
So because of Xbox leadership’s own incompetence they should be allowed to just buy their way into competition

Why the fukk not??? It's a business and stop acting like you don't know this when you been in the industry of working plus investing for years. Sony did it in the 90s and early 00s they were suppose to he hardware makers.

Stop the fanboy Babble

tenor.gif

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Why the fukk not??? It's a business and stop acting like you don't know this when you been in the industry of working plus investing for years. Sony did it in the 90s and early 00s they were suppose to he hardware makers.

Stop the fanboy Babble

tenor.gif

:mjlol:

And this is why monopoly laws exist

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
What's with this obsession of buying? Does it really matter how competition arrives as long as we get it? If they make purchases and it doesn't put them in a position to dominate the industry I don't see the harm. I've read numbers that say Xbox did almost $9 billion less in revenue than PlayStation. Adding in the $7.5 billion Activision did in 2022 that's still not over what PlayStation did.
:mjlol:

And this is why monopoly laws exist
Xbox is not even close to a monopoly. Xbox + ZeniMax + Activision isn't even matching PlayStation's size. It's pretty close but how is that a monopoly if we're left with 2 equal sized competitors?

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
What's with this obsession of buying? Does it really matter how competition arrives as long as we get it? If they make purchases and it doesn't put them in a position to dominate the industry I don't see the harm. I've read numbers that say Xbox did almost $9 billion less in revenue than PlayStation. Adding in the $7.5 billion Activision did in 2022 that's still not over what PlayStation did.

Xbox is not even close to a monopoly. Xbox + ZeniMax + Activision isn't even matching PlayStation's size. It's pretty close but how is that a monopoly if we're left with 2 equal sized competitors?

SMH.

There’s a reason these laws exist in multiple countries

But carry on

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

As has been repeating many times, the issue is with M$'s ability to buy up as many publishers as they wish.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:childplease: all these companies are global and around the world there are ANTITRUST LAWS in effect why you think this deal is being scrutinized...
Any deal of this size will be “scrutinized” that’s why those organizations exist.

The question was legality of them buying a publisher.

The scrutinizing organizations aren’t even claiming the merger itself is against the law.

It’s already been approved in some counties and will be approved in more going forward.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Any deal of this size will be “scrutinized” that’s why those organizations exist.

The question was legality of them buying a publisher.

The scrutinizing organizations aren’t even claiming the merger itself is against the law.

It’s already been approved in some counties and will be approved in more going forward.

You right its not illegal but you dont want this one huge company making a monopoly... WHICH is what MS IS DOING...:comeon: