FTC sues to Block M$-Activision deal

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
None of what you're saying is on any valid legal standing to block this deal. It's fairly easy to demonstrate how this deal in the short-term at least benefits consumers. Sony not liking it or it aggravating their fanboys is nonsense.
Idgaf fukk M$ and fukk activision nikka :demonic:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All jokes aside, how does this really benefit the end consumer? The only argument I've heard is "more platforms!" but then again it's already on multiple platforms. Objectively, the only thing that it really does is for the gamepass user having a larger selection of games to choose from. On the other end, A Sony or Nintendo gamer who's uninterested in gaming on Xbox or PC has to now purchase something they didn't have before just to play something they've always had access to.

That's the main difference between those who say "What about Sony exclusives?" I don't expect Mario or ND games to be on other platforms so I never would've been like "I have to buy a PS5 to play God of War!" but that's how it was always from the jump. A COD player on Playstation never had to buy an Xbox to play COD since basically forever.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
All jokes aside, how does this really benefit the end consumer? The only argument I've heard is "more platforms!" but then again it's already on multiple platforms. Objectively, the only thing that it really does is for the gamepass user having a larger selection of games to choose from. On the other end, A Sony or Nintendo gamer who's uninterested in gaming on Xbox or PC has to now purchase something they didn't have before just to play something they've always had access to.
The game would be more accessible period. No one would have to buy anything. The game will be cheap and available on pretty much anything with an internet connection.
That's the main difference between those who say "What about Sony exclusives?" I don't expect Mario or ND games to be on other platforms so I never would've been like "I have to buy a PS5 to play God of War!" but that's how it was always from the jump. A COD player on Playstation never had to buy an Xbox to play COD since basically forever.
Stop it. Sony has purchased plenty of games that used to be on xbox.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Xbox with ZeniMax and Activision combined is not a mega company. The revenue of those 3 combined is in the ballpark of PlayStation current revenue by itself.

Zenimax, Activision and blizzard under Microsoft is not a mega company?!?!:comeon::beli:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The game would be more accessible period. No one would have to buy anything. The game will be cheap and available on pretty much anything with an internet connection.

Stop it. Sony has purchased plenty of games that used to be on xbox.
So this is basically good for broke bois who don't want to spend any money?

Also I said Sony purchasing companies that made games for multiplatforms that are now not on other platforms. You tryna be slick talking about exclusive timed deals which isn't the same thing lol.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So this is basically good for broke bois who don't want to spend any money?

Also I said Sony purchasing companies that made games for multiplatforms that are now not on other platforms. You tryna be slick talking about exclusive timed deals which isn't the same thing lol.
Yes, most gamers are not hardcore sony stan’s.

Bungie and Insomniac were multiplatform before they were acquired.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Sony abuses y'all regularly and y'all shrug y'all arms and respond with "exclusives"
Abuse? cause all we care about is the end product, not all these behind the scene machinations like you Xbots?
Perusing 100 pg legal documents and engaging in acquisition babble :dead:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
COD really needs a restructuring. it's the worst kind of GAAS, where they expect players to buy an annual $70 game, plus battlepasses and whatever other microtransactions

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes, most gamers are not hardcore sony stan’s.

Bungie and Insomniac were multiplatform before they were acquired.
Yes, Bungie made multiple platform games before they were acquired by Microsoft.
As of their last statement on the acquistion from Sony, all their future games outside of Destiny will still be made on other platforms as an independent subsidiary.

Insomniac made pretty much all their games on Playstation platforms outside of that Fuse game and Sunset for Xbox...
Ratchet was always made on Playstation before it even was acquired...

No es lo mismo pero eso ya lo sabías. solo quieres ser muy dificil :mjlol:

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yes, Bungie made multiple platform games before they were acquired by Microsoft.
As of their last statement on the acquistion from Sony, all their future games outside of Destiny will still be made on other platforms as an independent subsidiary.

Insomniac made pretty much all their games on Playstation platforms outside of that Fuse game and Sunset for Xbox...
Ratchet was always made on Playstation before it even was acquired...
Don’t matter the jewelzing you do to move goalposts.

Sony be buying shyt too:camby:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Don’t matter the jewelzing you do to move goalposts.

Sony be buying shyt too:camby:
Please. There's no comparison here. MS is the only one buying PUBLISHERS.

And when we compare:

Microsoft said:
FASA Interactive
Access Software
Aces Game Studio
Digital Anvil
Ensemble Studios
Bungie (at one time)
Lionhead Studios
Rare
Mojang
Ninja Theory
Playground Games
Undead Labs
Compulsion
Obsidian
InXile
Double Fine

Publishers:
ZeniMax

Studios under ZeniMax:

Bethesda Softworks
Bethesda Game Studios
ZeniMax Online Studios
id Software
Arkane Studios
Machine Games
Tango Gameworks
Alpha Dog Games
Roundhouse Studios

Activision
Beenox
Blizzard Entertainment
High Moon Studios
Infinity Ward
King
Raven Software
Sledgehammer Games
Toys for Bob
Treyarch

Bluepoint Games
Bungie
Firesprite
Guerrilla Games
Housemarque
Insomniac Games
Media Molecule
Naughty Dog
Nixxes Software
Sucker Punch Productions
Valkyrie Entertainment

There is no comparison between them. MS isn't some underdog that needs to buy up the entire industry to "fight back."