Frustrated: Black Men In Brazil full documentary..

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
i read arabic and can speak a lil.
but i need to learn some portuguese

arabic is a huge skill but unfortunately it's the language of the prudest counties :ufdup:

where do you live breh? i'll see what i can do to find a portuguese tutor in your area. know one brazilian = know many brazilians.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
Breh, ain't nobody reading none of that shyt. Post some pictures of bytches on the beach.

img_6246_im-black-yall-cb4-allen-payne-featuring-chris-rock.jpg

nikka, turn the fukk around and eat your big ass biscuit!

interested theory but but it doesn't hold up to reality. blacks in the cities were doing fine up until jobs started getting outsource around the 70's. but your right on some of us need to leave the cesspool ghetto neighborhoods and start over fresh but not all of us cause the dynamics of cities in the U.S are changing for the better and more and more wealth and opportunities are gonna be centered in cities (look at gentrification) so if we all leave we'll just be on the opposite side history once more.

I mean, it depends on what you mean by "perfectly fine".

I mean, we left the south to get away from southern racism and ran smack dab into northern racism, which was more subtle.

Segregation was just as real up north, so I wouldn't say we were "perfectly fine". I will say that segregation forced Black folks to be a more cohesive community, which was probably good for all relationships, not just couples, but parental, friendships, business, etc. . .

But after desegregation in the 1960s is when the conditions we live in now with the "War on Drugs" and urban decay became realities.

That's more what I'm talking about.

I like my dude Jorge Ben, the Brazilian James Brown

This whole album is bananas.

Pagode > Bossa Nova

:leon:

Sounds more soulful. Although, I do like the ultra laid back feel of Bossa Knova..

Edit: Pardon my quote skills.

Oh yes, like my dude Antonio Carlos Jobim

Last edited by a moderator:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
img_6246_im-black-yall-cb4-allen-payne-featuring-chris-rock.jpg

nikka, turn the fukk around and eat your big ass biscuit!

I mean, it depends on what you mean by "perfectly fine".

I mean, we left the south to get away from southern racism and ran smack dab into northern racism, which was more subtle.

Segregation was just as real up north, so I wouldn't say we were "perfectly fine". I will say that segregation forced Black folks to be a more cohesive community, which was probably good for all relationships, not just couples, but parental, friendships, business, etc. . .

But after desegregation in the 1960s is when the conditions we live in now with the "War on Drugs" and urban decay became realities.

That's more what I'm talking about.

I like my dude Jorge Ben, the Brazilian James Brown

Jorge Ben - Ponta de Lanc

This whole album is bananas.

Seu Jorge is dope too.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
he got real lucky he only got some undisclosed std and not hiv.

that naughty nomad site has some real weirdoes on there when you just look on the comments section.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
For those that want to see more of black americans in Brazil, I actually found someone's youtube channel that is or was living there -

(Seems like a working girl to be honest)

kevincam - YouTube

Has 100+ videos, probably with 75% of them being in Brazil and a new chick in damn near every video. Seems he had a kid out there too, check his vids though, homie has an ear to ear smile in every last one of them :russ:

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
:whoa: Having lived in Brazil for 1.5 years I don’t think that documentary was all that good. Why interview someone who has only been in Brazil for 2 days?? They should’ve interviewed more Brazilian women here & in the United States who have dated men, specifically black men, BUT their society is so mixed they don’t fully understand the racial divide here in America. Majority of Brazilians think its all been good in the U.S.A because of Dr. King.

:whoa: Yalls most opportune time to come to Brazil is an exchange program through your university. It's easier than u think to accomplish, no matter what major u are. I did 3 semesters total (2 undergrad, 1 masters). I paid LESS studying there than studying here in the U.S.

There’s dozen of reasons why Brazilian women look better than American women but 1 thing you immediately realize when you return to America is; food is SO abundant. So easy to access here. There’s food even in Menards! :beli:

For example, that Tahiri chick Joe Budden had that everyone was sweating… in Brazil there’s probably 50 more of her same body top better face & far more pleasant acting within a 10 mile radius. By far the best looking-women on the planet… still have flash backs & I’ve been gone since December. Brazil has rendered white-women (non-mixed) unattractive to me. :flabbynsick:

:hamster: You'll be surprised how slutty a large portion of the women ARENT in brazil. I know dozens of more virgins in brazil than I do the states. HIV is actually worse in the U.S than Brazil it's an unfortunate stigma that's been tied to it.

If you go I advise to be smart... don't be acting like a fool or 1 of them ‘dangerous adventure’-type white dudes that end up hog-tied in a trashcan & don’t understand why... use the same judgment u would in the U.S.

Studying Abroad

:whoa: - The dollar is always at least worth 1.5 of their money (reias). It really never goes under that. Right now it’s 1.7. It got to as high as 2.6 during my undergrad. Basically, every time you buy something there in reality it’s half that price.
- You don’t have to pay for credits. It’s all free. You only pay for student exchange, if that’s the type of study abroad program you were to choose. Take 21 credits and pay 0 and have them transferred in.
- Student exchange means you’re going to pay the tuition of a student going to your university. But if you get a large scholarship that will even out the tuition cost. Many programs provide a large scholarship for 1 semester that can go up to $3,000.
- However, you can simply enroll in a university in Brazil & they will be happy to accept you. Just simply do the process on their website. Then just link up with your college that you’re gonna do a semester in brazil.
- I did this in my Masters & paid neither college ANYTHING. Brazilians don’t pay for the university themselves, the government does. They just have to pass a test called the vestibular, which is similar to the SAT but a bit more difficult. They actually get upset when you tell them you didn’t even have to take a test.
- They do not use textbooks, only handouts and copies (from the books) and/or supply the materials. Take 15 credits and pay less than $50 for books.
- Meals are much cheaper. On campus lunch is no more than a buck fifty & it fills you up. Meat/beans/rice/fruit/vegetable/juice. The biggest meal they eat is lunch, where many restaurants have you pay by the kilo. For a huge plate you may only end up paying 7$
- Public trans buses is only $1.50. Buses to travel to other cities are cheap. To get to Rio you could only end up paying like $30.
ij1kky.png

- Housing is cheap. If you were to live in a dorm on campus it’s less than 60. I had an apartment with a maid that came twice a week for like $250. U can find some much cheaper than this.
- If you have a good GPA it will stay that way because your credits will come in as transfer credits.
- The Visa/passport will cost you about $250, but you won’t have to get another passport for 10 years.
- They have all the majors down there that the states have. You CAN go. If you can find a few classes that fit in your curriculum you CAN go. They'll let you sign-up for them in Brazil, and many of times
- Professors know you’re a foreigner they'll have mercy may be a bit lenient on you for the fact that you’re taking the courses in another language. As long as you don't fail your credits transfer in, and they really don't fail anyone.
- They have all the technology we have, u aint gonna end up in no jungles.
- The ONLY thing that can get you is the plane ticket. But if u know how to get good deals on those u can avoid the high costs, which can go up to $1700 (round trip). Unfortunately to obtain a visa, u need to get a round-trip ticket. I should also note though that there is a ton of parties & sometimes the ticket prices are a bit unnecessary, the high range from $40-50.
ij1kky.png

Therefore, I encourage folks to study abroad. There is 0 negatives and u save your money. It's worth stopping by your study abroad office to see what kind of opportunities they have for Brazil. & if they don't have any for Brazil, just search Brazilian college online, and when you find 1 you like and fits your program in that states, apply. This may be actually better so you won't have to pay for tuition exchange. If I were to do it all over again I would've done half of my entire college career there. You could do your entire college education there, but I know some are worried that foreign degrees don't look as good. All what I've said would be confirmed by 3 of my good friends that went with me and the other study abroad students we met. These are only the $ benefits, there's dozens of others.

:whoa: People are shook by learning a new language so they choose easy places like Europe & Australia like everyone else does. With Brazil you learn a new language (Portuguese instead of spanish like everyone else), spend less $, drop 20lbs immediately because the food is heather, they’re gonna become even more powerful in the future, great atmosphere, lots if not more tourist spots than America, meet hundreds of brazilians and other study abroad students across the world… and of course the women, which is a whole 'nother topic.

I love you from the bottom of my heart. When I go back to school I will definitely do this. Studying in Brazil seems like the smart thing to do and way more fun (i.e.: attractive women, relaxed culture, good weather, cheaper because you don't have to buy textbooks, etc.)

Greatest post ever. You're a God among men.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
This woman who posted in that thread gets it:

Re: Black Woman Claims Black Women Fault For Why They Can't Find A Good Man
Almost all of the women in my family are married. My sister has been with her husband for almost 14 years and she is in her late 30's. My Aunt dated her now husband for almost 20 years and they married 6 years ago. I do know of black women who complain about not finding a good man, blaming everyone for their dating issues, etc. Before my fiance, I never complained about not finding a good man because I wasn't looking. My mister right CAME TO ME. When you look, you normally end up looking in the wrong places and get the wrong dudes.

This is not my opinion but my sister says that she thinks a lot of women in general tend to try to be the man and the woman in the relationship. They don't even give a man a chance to be THE man in the relationship. I was guilty of that myself but I was so used to doing everything. I had to learn and I am still learning to step back.

When a woman learns to move out the way and let a man do what he needs to do, then she ain't going to have a problem finding a man and she will find a man will be much more likely to stick around and treat her right in the process.

SwizzLake

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Most of you niccas do not know that Brazil has fuced up race relations, there is a huge divide that still exists today, far more worst than the US. The women these black men meet in Brazil are prostitutes, they don't meet real women..please believe that.

Blacks are usually hated everywhere you go in the globe, and they hate their own women?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Most of you niccas do not know that Brazil has fuced up race relations, there is a huge divide that still exists today, far more worst than the US. The women these black men meet in Brazil are prostitutes, they don't meet real women..please believe that.

Do you have proof, or is this just your opinion........:wtb: