Freaknik: The Wildest Party Never Told’ documentary Trailer (streaming on Hulu March 21, 2024)

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah hoes was lovin the reptiles, my man had his iguana wit him one year. Wild stuff :shaq:

That shyt was a 72 hr movie. Most p*ssy a good lookin or paid breh could ever hope to get in one weekend. I went to 3 BCRs and slept for bout 10 hrs combined and the only meal we ever ate was breakfast lol. Freaknik was wild but BCR was
guy-fieri-chefs-kiss.gif

ive lived and done a lot but BCR hands down most fun I had in my life. wish i still had my tapes :mjcry:

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was too young to go man... when they gonna bring it back ? :lupe:
nah b Black College Reunion was like if they had Freaknik at the Hedonism resort

societys different today it would be crawlin with cops guaranteed violence and sex assault cases
aint no way in hell dudes gettin away with the antics that went on back in the day. even back then some women was like oh hell no

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pre 1996 Atlanta was a different world

Yeah, I heard the Olympics killed Atlanta. My cousins/uncles say it was a utopia before the Olympics. They said the police never bothered anybody, they would actually race cars on the belt line and never got caught/tickets. Everybody was laid back and everything was cheap, and the women were uber friendly and chill.

I guess they should have kept the utopia a secret, instead of telling everybody how good black people had it there back then. I think when too many of the wrong people moved in, it probably changed the character of the city.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
As a young child in Atlanta I remember riding through the city with my Dad and seeing some of this fukkery in living color :banderas:

But when they moved it to Daytona in 99 I think it was one of the best decisions the city ever made. It had strayed too far from its original mission (A city for a Black Spring Break) and young women were getting sexually assaulted left and right. It was time for it to go and I hope it never comes back

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As a young child in Atlanta I remember riding through the city with my Dad and seeing some of this fukkery in living color :banderas:

But when they moved it to Daytona in 99 I think it was one of the best decisions the city ever made. It had strayed too far from its original mission (A city for a Black Spring Break) and young women were getting sexually assaulted left and right. It was time for it to go and I hope it never comes back

yeah makes sense, when an event goes from registered college students party, to street nikkas from NY, Chicago, and all around the country, the whole vibe turns different. It's like Daytona or Cancun spring break being invaded by red necks. Different mentality.

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Yeah, I heard the Olympics killed Atlanta. My cousins/uncles say it was a utopia before the Olympics. They said the police never bothered anybody, they would actually race cars on the belt line and never got caught/tickets. Everybody was laid back and everything was cheap, and the women were uber friendly and chill.

I guess they should have kept the utopia a secret, instead of telling everybody how good black people had it there back then. I think when too many of the wrong people moved in, it probably changed the character of the city.

No offense but your cousins/uncles are lying. There was no Beltline in 96 and today you can’t drive on the Beltline at all. It’s literally designed to not have cars on it

As for a utopia, nikka please. Atlanta wasn’t perfect. High crime & homicide rates, projects all over town, city was smaller and underdeveloped prior to the Olympics. We were still a great city with a great culture but there were different problems that people gloss over b/c they like to romanticize shyt

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No offense but your cousins/uncles are lying. There was no Beltline in 96 and today you can’t drive on the Beltline at all. It’s literally designed to not have cars on it

As for a utopia, nikka please. Atlanta wasn’t perfect. High crime & homicide rates, projects all over town, city was smaller and underdeveloped prior to the Olympics. We were still a great city with a great culture but there were different problems that people gloss over b/c they like to romanticize shyt
I was speaking of 285, this map says it was built in the mid 70s. I guess we all glorify our fun in the past.

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
yeah makes sense, when an event goes from registered college students party, to street nikkas from NY, Chicago, and all around the country, the whole vibe turns different. It's like Daytona or Cancun spring break being invaded by red necks. Different mentality.

There have been attempts by folks in my age range who are late 30s, from Atlanta and want to bring it back, but me personally I feel like just let it be dead & buried. That shyt can’t be replicated, it really was a moment in time that you can’t duplicate