Freaknik: The Wildest Party Never Told’ documentary Trailer (streaming on Hulu March 21, 2024)

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Would've liked for them to go more in depth and expose the rapey nikkas that were harassing women who need to be recognized
Like how? That was a lot of men, who were they supposed to go in depth on? Why?…this wasn’t supposed to be a surviving Freaknik, it was a history of the festival. All the participants made it clear not all black men were like this or condoning that behavior, focusing on it more would’ve turned this into yet another exposé of how the black man = violent sexual predator, we good

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Like how? That was a lot of men, who were they supposed to go in depth on? Why?…this wasn’t supposed to be a surviving Freaknik, it was a history of the festival. All the participants made it clear not all black men were like this or condoning that behavior, focusing on it more would’ve turned this into yet another exposé of how the black man = violent sexual predator, we good

Mfers wanted "Look at these nikkas actin' up!" instead of nuance of a situation.

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
It was tame, but i did like how the event OGs were interviewed & the footage of the early events

What would 21 Savage know about Freaknik? He moved to the US/ATL as a kid during the end stage

OUTKAST SAMPLER!!!!
That tape made it's way to NYC. My friend gave that to me to make a cassette dub 😁

It was mentioned in a quick moment, but i wonder if they're going to make a spin off about Black Bike Week :jbhmm:

Last edited:

GatorStaceyAdams

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC (but PGH will forever be home)
Thought it was OK.

Definitely didnt expect to see anything wild.

My complaints:
  • Felt very much like an ATL/South hype video.
  • Certainly tried to spin this into some sort of empowerment thing (Black unity, Women's, etc.)
The Doc didn't even start becoming critical until the last 20 minutes, and of course it focused on the trope of "Black Male are sex crazed!"

Big Boda

My Family Are Not Immigrants.
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
400 Year Survivors Of American Slavery.
I agree. However, this is what we got.

yeah whatever.. im sure there were execs at hulu worried about backlash from releasing a censored water down version of freaknik history but were reassured by others "hell if they complain we can just say their hornball pervs too eager to see nudity. its a win win. most of them wont unsubscribe from hulu" they depend on a segment of viewers like you excusing their false advertisement.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
I see what you mean