Foundation Season 2 - Apple TV (David Goyer/July 14, 2023)

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Whew, Good Episode…. Lee Pace is killing it as Brother Day. Just when I thought he had seen the light lol (no pun intended). They kind of lost me a little with the Gaal story especially when she left and they said it was gonna take her like 140+ years to get back home. That scene with Halima and Demerzel is probably the strongest acting I’ve seen on the show so far. And with the crew on the Invictus I have no clue where they are headed. Looking forward to these last two episodes. Im not expecting all the storylines to be wrapped up this season but I do think something is going to happen with the vault

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Whew, Good Episode…. Lee Pace is killing it as Brother Day. Just when I thought he had seen the light lol (no pun intended). They kind of lost me a little with the Gaal story especially when she left and they said it was gonna take her like 140+ years to get back home. That scene with Halima and Demerzel is probably the strongest acting I’ve seen on the show so far. And with the crew on the Invictus I have no clue where they are headed. Looking forward to these last two episodes. Im not expecting all the storylines to be wrapped up this season but I do think something is going to happen with the vault
I read that the show is supposed to span 1000 years so all the shyt we’re seeing now is just a small part

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Haven't finished the ep yet but im not gonna lie, Gaal burned all her good will for me when we learned the twist and what rayce sacrificed last week. You in the last position to be pushy and complaining, even if it wasnt complete your choice girl come on

:francis:

Being really bytchy and demanding for someone who wasn't supposed to be here in the first god damn place.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Eh, Hari still playing that mystery shyt :martin:, not telling her what exactly is going on with the new Foundation.

I can see why Gaal would be upset by continuing to be left in the dark again :hubie:.

She solves his great math problem and leaves her homeworld, only to come to Trantor and immediately get arrested for his fukkery.

Hari then had secret plans for her boyfriend to separate from her and now still doesn't want to open up when she's the only one on the ship.

Cleon the souless not getting any visions :wow:, got his robot killer sneak dissing him as well.

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This show. shyt
This thread should
Be massive.

an amazingly acted show. With predominately black cast who
Are outperforming their white counterparts.

i aint into sci-fi
shyt but when i saw the cast and the narrative i was in.

this too dope. And beautifully shot.

Last edited:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
This show. shyt
This thread should
Be massive.

an amazingly acted show. With predominately black cast who

i aint into sci-fi

This show any good? I never read the books?
I need to catch up I think I’m on episode 5, it doesn’t stick exactly to the books it’s more of an adaptation. I think the show is visually really great but was very hit or miss in those episodes I watched to the point I haven’t been very concerned to catch up and I’m a huge sci-fi head. As others have said Lee Pace is killer in this, I think he’s easily out acting everyone else in the show.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Yeah, I'm glad the cast is so diverse but the only black actor who's seeing Lee Pace is Clarke Peters, and maybe the religious leader woman he was fighting. Some solid acting around though, I said it earlier because she gorgeous but the chick playing the huntress is killing it too though.

It's not book accurate, and i know that matters to some but like I said earlier in the thread this is quality scifi tv and thats rare. I'm with it.

SuburbanPimp

Daps
Reppin
This show. shyt
This thread should
Be massive.

an amazingly acted show. With predominately black cast who is

i aint too sci-fi

I assuming maybe it’s because a lot of people don’t have Apple+. Also I think a lot of people who are familiar with Foundation (Book readers) are turned off by the fact it strays from the source material and they changed the race and gender of a lot of characters

To me it’s great Sci Fi, and I love it but it sucks because nobody I know irl watches it so I don’t have anyone to have conversations about it with and I hate that because it’s a lot of themes and theories to talk about in this. I’m just glad that it looks like Apple are all in on the show even if it’s not killing ratings wise.

I plan on reading at least the original Foundation book after the season is over, but I’m already slightly disappointed that genetic dynasty isn’t a part of the books

SuburbanPimp

Daps
Reppin
I need to catch up I think I’m on episode 5, it doesn’t stick exactly to the books it’s more of an adaptation. I think the show is visually really great but was very hit or miss in those episodes I watched to the point I haven’t been very concerned to catch up and I’m a huge sci-fi head. As others have said Lee Pace is killer in this, I think he’s easily out acting everyone else in the show.

I get that, there is a bit of a lull between episodes 3-5 to me, but these last 3 episodes have moved the story along nicely and have some of the better acting performances on the show so far. And you right, Lee Pace is definitely the star, but I think Demerzel (the robot) is killing her role as well

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Hopefully it'll get bigger with s2. Even Ted Lasso took awhile to take off like it did.