Forza Motorsport (PC, Xbox Series X|S) (October 10, 2023)

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The one thing you complained about was my exact issue with the game :russ:
Wasn’t a “complaint” just a speculative future issue.

As of now the individual car progression feels good. Gives you motivation and rewards for improving your skills instead of just upgrading your car

I was just thinking endgame, you might want a couple different configurations of each make/model in which case you would have to do some extra races to make your different configurations.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Individual car progression ain't much of an issue to me, right now. Maybe as I put more time in, I'll feel differently.

I think the issue is there's nothing to maintain some level of skill across vehicles to avoid grinding it out all over again. Not sure how long it would actually take me, but if casuals on other parts of the net are grumbling about it then it might warrant a reassessment.

GT had license tests as a sort of barrier, but you could buy whatever you wanted for the most part.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly, I'm kinda disappointed in this game maybe because GT7 is just too good.

I would rate 6.5 or 7.0 out of 10

I will put more time into this game to see if it's getting better or not but as of right now just meh.

Last edited:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
my thing with upgrading cars is I think it's cool to upgrade your '85 Civic. but with modern sports cars, I just want to keep it stock

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Handling/Physics feels really good. X1 generation games felt too loose and squirmy.

Cars feel like they have significant weight and power this time around. Lots of skill and patience needed to improve your times.

Really enjoying the car progress system. Kinda feels old school where you have to chose your upgrade path based on your own skills and driving style.

Probably will finish Starfiled before i get too deep into their, but they’ve got a really good base game for going forward :ehh:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
my thing with upgrading cars is I think it's cool to upgrade your '85 Civic. but with modern sports cars, I just want to keep it stock
In other recent Forza games, the make/model didn’t really matter. You could pretty much upgrade any car to any level and make all cars “feel” the same.

In this one you gotta master each car, and each car feels very distinctive.

To me, this was the change i needed to care about cars in a forza game again.

Mikeatris

Supreme Mathematik
Daps
Reppin
My City
Every Forza I played whether it was MS or Horizon, I always purchased the Impala and souped it up first and it is not even in the game :dahell:

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
looking into it, apparently it's coming Spring 2024 :stopitslime:

Yeah, it's unfortunate since Nordschleife is arguably the most famous track layout. Also missing tracks like Brands Hatch, Monza, Mt. Panorama.

Between that and the really poor PC performance I'm smelling an "early release, fix later" affair. Real similar to how Halo Infinite was trotted out as a platform for 10 years or whatever it was as a guise for lacking content.

On the flip side, the career mode part seems to not be as brutal as the previous iterations. :blessed:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Yeah, it's unfortunate since Nordschleife is arguably the most famous track layout. Also missing tracks like Brands Hatch, Monza, Mt. Panorama.

Between that and the really poor PC performance I'm smelling an "early release, fix later" affair. Real similar to how Halo Infinite was trotted out as a platform for 10 years or whatever it was as a guise for lacking content.

On the flip side, the career mode part seems to not be as brutal as the previous iterations. :blessed:
performance has been good for me. but I got today's nvidia driver before I played