Forza Motorsport (PC, Xbox Series X|S) (October 10, 2023)

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Played through Mugello in the first Builder's Cup series. The premise has promise but the execution... I keep getting stuck on them not properly leaning into the "motorsport" aspect. There's so much that could be done:
  • Take the starter Civic, upgrade it to go club racing. Eventually upgrade it to Touring Car spec and join a spec Civic series or a multi class Touring Car series.
  • Get an MX-5 and do some autocross events. Upgrade it with a roll cage, better tires, brakes, and suspension and turn it into a MX-5 Cup car.
  • Lamborghini Huracan road car to Super Trofeo.
  • Like damn near everything to GT4 or GT3 :skip:
Give me a real reason to fukk with a car that's not normally on my radar and actually build it up. That would make the car points tied to an individual car make more slightly sense - I can build up a 911 Cup Car and a separate 911 GT3 so I can take part in multiple series simultaneously. They can still leave the option for open upgrades and let people race in an "unlimited" class which would mimic the traditional PI rating races.

WaveWhisperer

Stainless Steel
Daps
Reppin
Steel
Still figuring out the physics for drag racing, i will say the progression of the cars i dont like, id rather just race for credits buy the car and build the shyt up. Love the turbo sounds and some cars they did justice with and kept it fast, that 997.2 gt2rs STILL is godly :wow:

manual transmission needs some work because the clutch is useless and you might as well power shift the whole time. I thought they were gonna give you more transmission options like it was in fh5 but i guess not. I was kinda let down on that. Theres alot more 1,000hp cars though

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Still figuring out the physics for drag racing, i will say the progression of the cars i dont like, id rather just race for credits buy the car and build the shyt up. Love the turbo sounds and some cars they did justice with and kept it fast, that 997.2 gt2rs STILL is godly :wow:

manual transmission needs some work because the clutch is useless and you might as well power shift the whole time. I thought they were gonna give you more transmission options like it was in fh5 but i guess not. I was kinda let down on that. Theres alot more 1,000hp cars though
Cosign on the comment about manual!

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
It's not going to gain traction. Racing games aren't popular around here and not as many people are going to fake prop up Motorsport as if they were really into it.

Not to mention the more arcadey experience with Horizon is understandably more popular with the market at large.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
AI needs work in wheel-to-wheel moments. They'll turn in on you even if you telegraph the move. The F1 series stands above in that department, although they can go overboard in fighting for a position longer than someone would in reality.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
AI needs work in wheel-to-wheel moments. They'll turn in on you even if you telegraph the move. The F1 series stands above in that department, although they can go overboard in fighting for a position longer than someone would in reality.

In your experience, do the Drivatars still have the racing acumen of a Twisted Metal driver?

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
In your experience, do the Drivatars still have the racing acumen of a Twisted Metal driver?
I haven't noticed anything egregious yet, but they just lack spatial awareness. Normally the top 3 or 4 are proficient at hot lapping while the rest can be hit or miss following the raging line.