Forza Motorsport (PC, Xbox Series X|S) (October 10, 2023)

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I haven't noticed anything egregious yet, but they just lack spatial awareness. Normally the top 3 or 4 are proficient at hot lapping while the rest can be hit or miss following the raging line.

Yeah that was prevalent on older releases too. With Expert and above difficulties they had some Stick 'Em on the tires and CVTs. I find that grid placement helps. If you can cut down on the few seconds between you and first at the start of the race it really makes a big difference. I've had races where I technically had all of the fastest laps but still lost because I couldn't make up the grid start difference.

Drivatars are my last favorite feature. I don't use rewind so I am often restarting because they take me out in turns or as you state they have an unholy few cars that defy physics. :francis: Even in the one make factory spec races they'll do that stuff.

It does feel good when you win a hard one. :blessed:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
It's this game good for a casual ? I went to the forza subreddit and they bytching about it but the complaints I read seemed to be about specific details that I wouldnt care myself.

I think Ill wait a couple of months after they release a couple of patches but thos game has been on my wish list for the longest.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I picked this back up (after being annoyed with the introduction of car points and some of the red tape put around tuning this time around) to give multiplayer a shot and holy shyt it's a lot of fun. I like that playlists seem to rotate in and out( Forza got too bloated with all of the modes that could be selected in previous titles), and the new penalty mechanic is forcing people to drive clean. Seriously, now that everyone isn't crashing at the first turn I'm having some of the best races I've ever experienced in the series. Not being able to download tunes right away has forced me to learn how to tune myself, and honestly I'm glad I'm being forced to try, it's adding a whole new layer to the game for me....but that and the new online racing set up requires me to make a pretty big time investment to get the most out of the game now.... which is both good and bad. I can't really play this "casually" in a sense, but I'm still having a blast, and Ive learned to appreciate most of the new changes.

8.5/10

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
It's this game good for a casual ? I went to the forza subreddit and they bytching about it but the complaints I read seemed to be about specific details that I wouldnt care myself.

I think Ill wait a couple of months after they release a couple of patches but thos game has been on my wish list for the longest.

Casual in the gameplay or time sink sense? I think it benefits the former since you can run assists and most of the annoying progression aspects won't matter to players who won't put in the time.

If you're more into the racing parts you'll definitely have a bumpy ride. Content is slimmer than expected and a ton of bugs on top of the per car points system being real hit or miss.

I think waiting is the right idea.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Casual in the gameplay or time sink sense? I think it benefits the former since you can run assists and most of the annoying progression aspects won't matter to players who won't put in the time.

If you're more into the racing parts you'll definitely have a bumpy ride. Content is slimmer than expected and a ton of bugs on top of the per car points system being real hit or miss.

I think waiting is the right idea.
Casual in both :russ: . i don't care that much about how faithful the game is as long as there is some challenge and I can have fun. I've been looking for a racing game that's a bit diverse in terms of races (not strictly rally or f1) but not fully arcade so FM seemed like a good bet. Also I only play offline.

I read that AI has trouble overtaking the player so that's a bit concerning though. I'm expecting some fixes first and a steam sale so I can cop. I never purchase at release anyway:lolbron:

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Casual in both :russ: . i don't care that much about how faithful the game is as long as there is some challenge and I can have fun. I've been looking for a racing game that's a bit diverse in terms of races (not strictly rally or f1) but not fully arcade so FM seemed like a good bet. Also I only play offline.

I read that AI has trouble overtaking the player so that's a bit concerning though. I'm expecting some fixes first and a steam sale so I can cop. I never purchase at release anyway:lolbron:

Then I'd say you're in for a good time. :ehh:

I care too much about the career mode myself so I too am sidelining - for now. Hopefully the PC issues get mopped up in that time frame.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Hyundai Veloster with light upgrades at the Glen Short Course felt better and more planted than like any other car+game combination I've played. Not a fan of the builders cup but I'm pushing through for extra credits to move into some sort of thoroughbred racer. I wish they had put more effort into the singleplayer portion of the game.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Ranked my Porsche 917 to 50, swapped in a 911 engine. Sometimes grip swings hard from practice to race, and I can't imagine that's all just from track rubbering in. I recall in Project CARS 1 or 2 they had an issue where too many AI cars could overload the simulation and mess up the physics. I hope that's not at play here.

UNATTACHED

OMG What happened to Virgil?
Daps
Man the driving in this game is so dope but I can't play this until they fix the dissappearing track shyt. I've been playing on a shadow pc but I'm gonna build a pc in the next few weeks or so. Hopefully it runs better then

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
full Nürburgring Nordschleife track finally in the game. should have been there at launch. good rendition of the track though

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
full Nürburgring Nordschleife track finally in the game. should have been there at launch. good rendition of the track though

I'm still with fingers crossed on some PC issues being ironed out. I don't wanna preemptively sour my experience with low expectations. :sadcam:

I can give it a spin this weekend, though. GamePass one buckaroo offer is on my account. :jbhmm: