Forza Motorsport (PC, Xbox Series X|S) (October 10, 2023)

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
yeah that's my biggest gripe after Forza 3.

Career is shown to have a CarPG style progression. Upgrades are "earned" and aren't just outright bought. System seems good to rein in ruthless spending and encourage car progression, but I think it will depends on how you start plus how fleshed the racing is at said start.

Like FM6, you can start basically wherever and whenever and the open wallet+market makes it easy to hop in to something like a hypercar series at the start if you so please. In something like GT4, you can't do that for some time until you open up the cheese strat races. Even then, you need the licenses and the cost of entry for capable cars discourages mindless spending. There is nothing I couldn't just buy my way out of in Forza 6, but I've had to do more to earn that cash in GT4 - even playing it again not too long ago.

IMO, even with a CarPG setup, as long as they don't make the various series numbingly repetitive (FM6), they got a good shot. I think they've focused on better diversity in adopting bits from Showcase-style events more in what I've seen which only helps. FM6 was a chore in that the racing series were just track collections in a certain order, just differing car tiers. I'd have spent more time in Showcases, but they softballed those and were a smaller fraction of the fun.

Reference for the info:

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
1rxSnVg.png

wrajXkh.png

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL

Yeah 7 was notoriously 🤢. 6 looked so much better. Although they did try to hide the baked in shadowing with time of day and weather shenanigans. Can't expect vivid shadows if its cloudy all the time. :scheme:

In that same vid, kind of lame they knocked down the ray tracing compared to the showcase.

xgjS2g3.png

I don't clamor for RT, but I was looking forward to the impressive showing for RT in something like replays at the very least.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
All the sim guys I follow have been super lukewarm on this. It sounds like it might be even more simcadey than before. Disappointed tbh, with the success of the Horizon series they have the potential to make the definitive console sim by going even past GT in approach.

I'm pretty concerned about the CarPG mechanics. :lupe: They are taking the desire to stick with a car and upgrade it as a gameplay funnel and forcing it.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps

I hope the reviews are good. I need something good other than emulated GT4 and Dirt Rally. :mjcry:

Forza Motorsport series always reivew well and I think the series has an 87 average MC score. I think we won't know how to truly feel about the game until a month or so tbh. Anyways, it looks like they took their time with this, so hopefully its good. I just hope the campaign is improved because I've felt the series been a downward trend after FM4 with it's campaign