Former IGN Playstation Stans finally come to terms that currently the Series X is superior to PS5

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
The thread wasn’t about gamepass it was about series x/s

Gamepass is on multiple platforms

But the tweets in OP were specifically talking about GP and it's benefits on the series x/s

If you're a gamer, I have no idea how you can hate on gamepass.
There's literally nothing like it on any platform

I don't get it either. It's ok to praise both systems for various reasons but GP is definitely a plus

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
If you're a gamer, I have no idea how you can hate on gamepass.
There's literally nothing like it on any platform
PS NOW. Biggest difference is GamePass has brand new games on it. Don't get it twisted because I been a GamePass advocate since the beginning. But There's literally hundreds of games all gens on PS Now. Gamepass does upscale the games tho. Which is heat.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
So it wasn’t? There’s nothing to play on PS5? That’s a flat out lie. Is that not dishonest? PS5 not worth getting? Is that not unprofessional to lie and then try to convince ur base not to purchase something based off that said lie? When u are supposed to be unbiased? Adding more fuel to these dumb ass console wars?

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
PS NOW. Biggest difference is GamePass has brand new games on it. Don't get it twisted because I been a GamePass advocate since the beginning. But There's literally hundreds of games all gens on PS Now. Gamepass does upscale the games tho. Which is heat.
In a lot of ways I think Gamepass completely whips PS Now.
Bang-Per-Buck is a place where I feel Gamepass has few competitors. IMO.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
In a lot of ways I think Gamepass completely whips PS Now.
Bang-Per-Buck is a place where I feel Gamepass has few competitors. IMO.

Psnow was never a gamepass competitor there is no current GP competitor.

PSNow is more of an Xcloud competitor and PS Plus is an xbox live competitor

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So it wasn’t? There’s nothing to play on PS5? That’s a flat out lie. Is that not dishonest? PS5 not worth getting? Is that not unprofessional to lie and then try to convince ur base not to purchase something based off that said lie? When u are supposed to be unbiased? Adding more fuel to these dumb ass console wars?
They didn’t even say all that, you just got your Sony panties in a bunch cause they said they were playing and would recommend an Xbox right now.
:mjlol:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
From what I'm seeing here, it seems like everyone puts a different emphasis on what makes a console launch or console in general "worth it."

Some subscribe to a game having to achieve huge commercial success whilst others then make the criteria even more strict by saying it must be a next-gen exclusive simultaneously. Imo it's semantics because what makes something "worth it" is always subjective and can never be truly objective.

Cats like @The Mad Titan I'm sure have argued in favor of Xbox Series X being worth it solely due to optimizations that are free due to the hardware jump. Others cite Gamepass+said hardware boosts as reasons why it's worth it. I know BC boosts alone have been the crux of many arguments I've seen on here.

When you frame it like that then it's easy to pick off reasons why PS5 isn't worth buying and to me, that's a bit trivial. You can whittle off excuses for why say Returnal, Ratchet, Kena, and others aren't worthy of a PS5 purchase because it doesn't meet that narrow criterion. I'm sure Ratchet being a platformer, not a MP game and $70 will be a point mentioned for why it's not worthy of a purchase.

For me, a PS5 was worth it because it was a better PS4.

• Extremely quiet compared to the Airbus that was taking off at Laguardia airport.
  • BC with PS4 games so none of my current game progres is impacted and some games were enhanced.
  • Newness factor. New controller with haptics was(still) a cool feature to finally try.
  • Scarce supply meaning it'd be a hassle trying to secure one later when you finally do want one.

I don't care if at launch not many games were BRAND NEW because I would've still been playing older games for a while until the library builds up. Most people do. Compared to PS3>PS4, PS4 had its library effectively squandered by not having BC so you were stuck with a lack of launch titles without any way to play the current games of that time without pulling out the PS3. PS4's launch was straight up :trash: compared to the PS5 or Series X.

I mean we live in the day and age where nikkas buy new phones every year and at least pay a deposit to get something that's barely different from last year's model.

If you bought a PS4 in 2013 or Pro in 2016, I can't see why 4 years later or even 5 years later buying the new-gen console being so complicated.

There's never going to be a straight answer that satisfies everyone. Some may be fine with a PS4 Pro or Xbox One X for the time being and the current state of the PS5/S X may not compel them to upgrade. Fine. To me saying anyone who doesn't see it that way is just some silly stan who doesn't know better is stupid.

I very well knew that PS5 would be dry for a while and it was definitely from say Dec~now. Since Returnal dropped and Ratchet/FFVIIR Integrade coming out next month, I'd say the PS5 is starting to slowly earn its keep. Again this may not satisfy everyone and that's fine. It doesn't have to.

I've said over and over in this forum BEFORE launch that the systems wouldnt be worth it for your average gamer.

And for the gamers who game a bit more than normal, the system you should probably get is the one you didn't have or played the least last gen, so if you had a xbox and not a ps4 then you should cop a ps5 with psn now and catch up on what you missed and visa versa with xbox.

Otherwise you need to know that the enhancement's you'll get from each systems are basically faster load times, UNLESS you getting a series x and have a hdmi 2.1 tv then the benefits really start to out weigh the PS5.

Game wise everyone was going to be waiting with PS5 having more random IP's throughout the year of 2021. But from last year up until now... The Xbox was the better value and better system...

Now once ratchet is out and FF, then I can't just say it's the better system to get because there are a handful exclusives to play on the system, but again if you don't care about any of those games then again Xbox>>>.

The system, hardware, software and network constantly have been getting improved and added on.

You can purchase a xbox get 3 months of gamepass for 1 and not even have to worry about buying a lot of random games throughout the year.

Or if you do the finance stuff you get a year or more of gamepass basically at a 3rd of the price.

Xbox just gives you a ton of options.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I've said over and over in this forum BEFORE launch that the systems wouldnt be worth it for your average gamer.

And for the gamers who game a bit more than normal, the system you should probably get is the one you didn't have or played the least last gen, so if you had a xbox and not a ps4 then you should cop a ps5 with psn now and catch up on what you missed and visa versa with xbox.

Otherwise you need to know that the enhancement's you'll get from each systems are basically faster load times, UNLESS you getting a series x and have a hdmi 2.1 tv then the benefits really start to out weigh the PS5.

Game wise everyone was going to be waiting with PS5 having more random IP's throughout the year of 2021. But from last year up until now... The Xbox was the better value and better system...

Now once ratchet is out and FF, then I can't just say it's the better system to get because there are a handful exclusives to play on the system, but again if you don't care about any of those games then again Xbox>>>.

The system, hardware, software and network constantly have been getting improved and added on.

You can purchase a xbox get 3 months of gamepass for 1 and not even have to worry about buying a lot of random games throughout the year.

Or if you do the finance stuff you get a year or more of gamepass basically at a 3rd of the price.

Xbox just gives you a ton of options.

I played most of the games i would play on gamepasss last gen though so I’d don’t really get this argument. Plus, you don’t need the series x to play games on gamepass so again...I’m not getting this argument.

You really aren’t missing much if you were consistently playing games for the last 7 years by not getting gamepass. I think gamepass will be worth it when microsoft is releasing 1st party titles consistently on it day one.

Thats just my opinion:yeshrug:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I played most of the games i would play on gamepasss last gen though so I’d don’t really get this argument. Plus, you don’t need the series x to play games on gamepass so again...I’m not getting this argument.

You really aren’t missing much if you were consistently playing games for the last 7 years by not getting gamepass. I think gamepass will be worth it when microsoft is releasing 1st party titles consistently on it day one.

Thats just my opinion:yeshrug:
I assume you mean the 1st party games... in that case gamepass isn't for you, but there are a ton of people that don't fall into this category. I had xbox and I still have a TON of games on gamepass I want to play including a few 1st party games. My backlog on every system is fierce. The series X makes knocking those games out not only easier, and more convenient even more so than PC.

I played games consistently throughout all of last gen and I still have a backlog, anyone who's spent any amount of time on one game especially in the last 2-3 years should have a pretty nuts backlog

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
Has this been posted???

Buddy got exposed for not playing Xbox for two weeks and now he put his shyt on private :mjlol:

xicIjyI_d.webp

xicIjyI

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Sony should start moving psnow into more of a gamepass type model. Just release new exclusives on the service after 6 months, and give a discount on new games.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Sony should start moving psnow into more of a gamepass type model. Just release new exclusives on the service after 6 months, and give a discount on new games.
That’s what I said. All old games on the Game Pass type service. New games available for a $30 fee on top of membership but added to the service at no extra charge after 6 months to a year after release. That way they still add new games but keep the value of a service.