Former IGN Playstation Stans finally come to terms that currently the Series X is superior to PS5

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s got 17 games in 20 years breh. And it’s still well behind franchises that have only had two or three installments.
Tales of series is about to be on it's 17th mainline game and that series has been out since 1995 and it's sold around 23 million units... What's your point? The point isn't that Ratchet is the best selling franchise or that it's Uncharted.

Stop it. Ratchet only became popular with you clowns when it became marketing material for PS5.
Wait, I thought it started when it was coming out on PS4? :ohhh:

You, when it came out in 2016:
So 200k for ratchet is great and amazing, but 150k for quantum break is bad? :dahell:

So it sold well, did number 2 in that launch and you gave stans hell tryna downplay it but suddenly you're trying to pretend Ratchet only is being talked about because it's being promoted for PS5. Not that it looks good, nope it's only being hyped because it's for PS5.

Breh go sit down. :russ:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Tales of series is about to be on it's 17th mainline game and that series has been out since 1995 and it's sold around 23 million units... What's your point? The point isn't that Ratchet is the best selling franchise or that it's Uncharted.
And y’all would be silly to be running around talking about how a new “Tales” game validates a console.
Wait, I thought it started when it was coming out on PS4? :ohhh:

You, when it came out in 2016:
My point exactly the “fastest selling game” in a 20 year franchise just barely sold better than a new IP widely known to have flopped.

Now the next installment in said franchise is supposed to be a system seller that makes the system better than anything else on the market.

Sony stans :mjlol:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And y’all would be silly to be running around talking about how a new “Tales” game validates a console.
Is Tales a multiplatform game or an exclusive?

My point exactly the “fastest selling game” in a 20 year franchise just barely sold better than a new IP widely known to have flopped.
:snoop:
I'm not even going to go over this dumb ass point.

Now the next installment in said franchise is supposed to be a system seller that makes the system better than anything else on the market.

You could use this same line of reasoning to suggest that Marvel's Spider-Man PS4 wasn't going to be a system seller because "nikkas ain't care about no Spider-Man game in the last 10 years."

You're not even being logical now. I'm not even sure why I responded to you seriously. :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Is Tales a multiplatform game or an exclusive?

:snoop:
Don’t even matter. Why you trying to deflect from the matter at hand :comeon:
I'm not even going to go over this dumb ass point.
Cause there’s nothing to argue :ufdup:

You could use this same line of reasoning to suggest that Spider-Man PS4 wasn't going to be a system seller because "nikkas ain't care about no Spider-Man game in the last 10 years."
Spiderman is an IP that transcends gaming. They could sell Spiderman turds in a box and people would buy them.

Stay on topic Lil buddy. We are talking about Ratchet and Clank 17 right now :ufdup:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And :dead: at you downplaying Uncharted sales to prop up ratchet.

Uncharted at 43 mill with 4 games. And y’all trying to put ratchet in the same space.

I was not downplaying UC sales, wtf are you talking about? Man, you cannot seriously argue with stupid people.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Never knew a ratchet and clank game would send xbox stans into such a frenzy. :wow:

So the narrative with this one is, “who cares this is the 15th game, doesn’t count.”

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Never knew a ratchet and clank game would send xbox stans into such a frenzy. :wow:

So the narrative with this one is, “who cares this is the 15th game” doesn’t count.
if a new Mega-Man gets announced and it looks like straight up fire, it shouldn't get hype because there's literally dozens and dozens of Mega-Man games.

Same with Megami Tensei. Dudes hyped up for the Switch game yet it's the "17th" game in the series. From now on only games with ~3 entries should get hype.

Nobody is telling cats to turn down the hype due to it being a long standing series. The hypocrisy is real.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Jesus christ, you're one slow ass dude. All you do is spin people's words and create straw mans.

How is stating a fact(at the time speaking since those numbers for Ratchet hasn't been updated since 2013) downplaying Uncharted?

You're insufferable breh :wow:
Hey man. You know that shyt you tried to pull.

Ratchet is nowhere near Uncharted level in popularity.

Stop it Sony guy

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
if a new Mega-Man gets announced and it looks like straight up fire, it shouldn't get hype because there's literally dozens and dozens of Mega-Man games.

Same with Megami Tensei. Dudes hyped up for the Switch game yet it's the "17th" game in the series. From now on only games with ~3 entries should get hype.

Nobody is telling cats to turn down the hype due to it being a long standing series. The hypocrisy is real.
Ratchet ain't never been on a MegaMan level. shyt been out for 20 years with 0 classics. :yeshrug: