Former DeathRow Worker Explains Why Biggie And Diddy Pissed LA Off In 1997

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Orlando Anderson got rat packed by Suge, 2pac, and MOB Pirus. He came back and shot up Suge and 2pac's car, killing 2pac. Then Suge Knight allegedly paid Anderson a lot of money to say Suge didn't take part in his beat down. Then he sued Afeni Shakur for defamation or something. All this and the guy was still living his life. He wasn't killed by Suge's people, the MOB, or over Pac's death. He was killed by another Crip over some street shyt.

That doesn't disprove anything. Trying to emulate something or someone doesn't mean you're going to successfully do it. Also, emulating criminals doesn't really end up in success anyways. You successfully emulate them you usually end up in prison or dead.

You're right about it not necessarily equaling dishonor but 2pac was reckless, most of the time, in a bad way. He helped beat down Orlando Anderson over some shyt he had no business involving himself in! Not just 2-3 years prior he was involved in getting one of the Hughes brothers jumped. Over what? If he had some problems with the Hughes brothers, he should have handled it on his own, and not needed Rollin 40s to help him out. He talked shyt to the GD's for killing that little kid but at his own concert back in Marin it ended with a little kid getting shot in the head. Pac gets mad at GDs for killing a little kid, what the fukk does he think gangs do? And what does he do at 25? He starts claiming a Compton gang. Pac, according to former Deathrow employees was even knocking engineers out over rewinding the reel to far.

Why was he talking crazy with Henchman to begin with? According to Henchman's people it was because he was talking crazy to Henchman. Then again Henchman himself doesn't sound too trustworthy talking about he punked Pac at the House of Blues with Compton Pirus all around him. The point is though, that it seems like Pac brought a lot of it on himself. He knew Haitian Jack was bad news but he wanted to be around him because he liked the additional recognition and respect he would get associating with a big shot.
He's criticizing Puff for letting "eastcoast gangters" extort him, and he's considered brave for talking shyt to those dudes, but he came to the westcoast and put himself in the same position with Deathrow. Supposedly Suge himself was/is involved in the rapper extortion game.

Biggie was killed, not cause of Pac but because Suge didn't want Puffy to "win." Suge lost his star artist, so he made sure Puffy lost his.

We can make assumptions on what was going through Pacs head but that's all they are,im just giving my perspective based on what 2pac said at least in situations where theres no reason for him to lie....I feel like that call with Monster Kody explains it all:banderas:....2pac on that call admitted TO A GANGSTER that he got clapped because he wasn't thinking like a gangster that night at Quad....The only reason yall refuse to believe that is because yall are stuck believing only a street nikka would not take shyt off Jimmy Henchman,so Pac must have been emulating street nikkas.....When that is not the case and I gave credit to his panther upbringing for having heart and yall act like that's unbelieveable or something:heh:

If Pac was trying to be a gangster I'm not sure why he would admit to another gangster he respected that he took the L at quad because he is not a gangster:mindblown:...Dudes that's acting don't have as many court dates,jail time,attempts on they life,near death experiences as Pac did before they learn they lesson....Pac obviously couldn't help himself:pachaha:...Its insulting to say dude was acting rather you agree with his actions or understand them or not.

And we dont know why Pac jumped on Orlando,he likely knew about the hit on his life....As bad as Pac DIDNT want to go back to jail after he'd been for real, its hard to say for certain that it didn't have anything to do with him...He could've tapped a goon on the shoulder and told them to handle it,is that less reckless and honorable to put another mans life in danger over YOUR beef?

And I already said Pac did some dumb shyt and bought stuff on himself he could've avoided,cant say on all of them I blame em for reacting how he wanted to act based on his own principles:manny:...I'd blame him for not taking advice that was wise in hindsight,but he said he wanted to help two reformed criminals go legit with Haitian and Jimmy...Can you say they didn't look like they weren't trying to go legit:comeon:?Thinkin they lived a glamourous life don't mean Pac was trying to look like a big shot:laff:...You talking like he was shouting these nikkas out on records like your favorite east coast rappers do CONSTANTLY:laff:...he was presumed to be crazy himself by this time,who did he need to look like a tough guy too:dahell:..when his reputation was already that to the average nikka in America.

Now can you explain how Bigie is not the cause of his own death at all but Pac is?Hanging out with mobsters and crips,paying crips,shouting out crips on record,talking shyt in magazines and records,getting rappers trailers shot up,diss records with Pac subliminals in LA:heh:...Puff or Biggie coulda got it and I don't see how you can say they wasn't as "reckless as Pac in bringing they own death on themselves:patrice:

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If diddy had not skimped on getting the bulletproof rental car like he was originally meant to get, biggie would still be alive

They were clearly feeling themselves too much and being dumb as fucc about the realities of the situation...but still, biggies murder was 100% unnecessary and pointless

Last edited:

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
nikkas dry snitching:mjlol: but hey, them nikkas are a$$holes for going to LA so quick after Pac died:manny:
Classic "I think I run the world" New Yorkers. You KNOW muthafukkas don't like you out there and you still going to go? I hate to see any black man gunned down, well I don't think I would feel too bad if it was Diddy. He is too much of a bytch for my taste. That is what I wonder though, why Diddy wasn't popped. Pac is definitely my ATF rapper, but I have to say BIG was nice on the Ready to Die album. Second Album was too Puff Diddierized.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
:mjlol: 2 decades later this nikka still furious

L.A lost.
How? :what: Snoop came to town kicking down buildings. Even Gay Z had to mention years later on one of his albums. No New Yorker came to LA trying to be slick except BIG and Diddy. The unfortunate result happened. BOTH coasts are non existent in the rap game. 98.7 and WBLS back in the day would RARELY play anything but New York Rap. Now the South is your bytch and rules the airwaves.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
It is a known fact Pac died broke.

so?

whats your point?

I remember him from the Welcome to Deathrow DVD. I find it difficult to believe though, that LA cats in general, were going to kill not just Biggie, but Puffy, and anyone close to them. Allegedly Suge Knight had to pay his own homeboy from MOB to kill Biggie. 2pac was already put on the MOB by that time and yet the killer still had to be paid to do it. So why are some random LA gang bangers are going to risk their lives to pull off some Hollywood-type massacre over some rap beef. It's not like the streets didn't know at the time that SSCC was behind the Las Vegas shooting.

sounds like they were just going to shoot chit up. no different than new york dudes randomly shooting up the dogg pound's trailer or instances of people getting their tour bus' shot up.

big's death was a hit. you cant compare.

I will focus just on the interview at hand.

The guy is right, it was incredibly stupid of Puff and Biggie to go to L.A., thinkin' that nothing was going to happen. That sort of tension does not go away in a couple of months...:what:

i was a kid when this was going down and even then, i couldnt understand why they were out there like that.

and i didnt even know about the infamous radio interview back then.

What youre saying here is before prison when he wasnt really doing street shyt.

After prison, Pac stomping nikkas out, running up on GDs, and standing next to Suge as he forced a nikka to drink a bucket of piss isnt him playing a role?

pac was more wild before death row. "bombin on people" and all that. if anything, he stayed out of trouble while on death row in comparison.

and he was around dudes that were way more street than suge.

exactly -this was in '97 ... so they should have been looking for him instead of focusing on biggie-puff-badboy

there was a war going on out there after pac died cannon.

way bigger than some bad boy records.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
How? :what: Snoop came to town kicking down buildings. Even Gay Z had to mention years later on one of his albums. No New Yorker came to LA trying to be slick except BIG and Diddy. The unfortunate result happened. BOTH coasts are non existent in the rap game. 98.7 and WBLS back in the day would RARELY play anything but New York Rap. Now the South is your bytch and rules the airwaves.

the east coast was strong in the mainstream for nearly a decade after biggie's death breh.

if anything, the east coast got stronger after biggie passed.

Daps
It was actually my man's and them from Death Row East who were with Pac in NYC
death row east was basically just a theory that only existed on paper. sure suge, pac, and them were wearing "death row east" custom t-shirts and were waving death row east banners/picket signs around ...in vegas :mjlol:. thats really about it though. i know that pac went to nyc during the beef n all that but lets not act like death row east was ever even close to being official. all they had was a small group in or from nyc making plans but at the end of the day it was basically just a theory/idea that hadnt come even close to reaching fruition

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
death row east was basically just a theory that only existed on paper. sure suge, pac, and them were wearing "death row east" custom t-shirts and were waving death row east banners/picket signs around ...in vegas :mjlol:. thats really about it though. i know that pac went to nyc during the beef n all that but lets not act like death row east was ever even close to being official. all they had was a small group in or from nyc making plans but at the end of the day it was basically just a theory/idea that hadnt come even close to reaching fruition
No....they were in the studio.....REGULARLY. My man Red was on the production team along with Solo's cousin and they were flying out to Cali often.

They even put me onto Snoop being pissed off after Pac was getting all of the attention once signed to the Row and came through the spot telling us how Pac was wylin out that week in NYC. he died a week later.

Daps
No....they were in the studio.....REGULARLY. My man Red was on the production team along with Solo's cousin and they were flying out to Cali often.

They even put me onto Snoop being pissed off after Pac was getting all of the attention once signed to the Row and came through the spot telling us how Pac was wylin out that week in NYC. he died a week later.
i mean, thats nice and all ..but the label/company was still never officially formed. ya k-solo, eric b., wu-tang clan, and big daddy kane were being discussed as some of the first artists to possibly be on the label but it just never became official. i know that big daddy kane was featured on some unreleased death row track etc etc but death row east still wasnt an official thing.

people from the east coast collaborating with deathrow "death row east"

NYC Rebel

Daps
i mean, thats nice and all ..but the label/company was still never officially formed. ya k-solo, eric b., wu-tang clan, and big daddy kane were being discussed as some of the first artists to possibly be on the label but it just never became official. i know that big daddy kane was featured on some unreleased death row track etc etc but death row east still wasnt an official thing.

people from the east coast collaborating with deathrow "death row east"

What are we arguing here? My boys were lying to themselves when assembled? :heh:

I'm not about to argue with a past I lived with cats on the Internet. I name names.

Daps
What are we arguing here? My boys were lying to themselves when assembled? :heh:

I'm not about to argue with a past I lived with cats on the Internet. I name names.
its really as simple as this. death row east was nothing but some dudes from the east coast collaborating/working with death row but never officially became the real deal. it wasnt like one of the well established and official offshoots/divisions/branches of labels that some labels have had like def jam south, bad boy south etc etc. ...not even close

Last edited:

NYC Rebel

Daps
its really as simple as this. death row east was nothing but some dudes from the east coast collaborating/working with death row and was never official. it wasnt like one of the well established and official offshoots/divisions/branches of labels that some labels have had in the past like def jam south, bad boy south etc etc.
This is really pointless. Bottom line, they were financed by the Row with plans to move ahead but fell through post Pacs death