IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
U been saying NBA would be #1 forever now and no I ain't looking for quotes

You stay relegated at 3 :umad:

NFL markets are slowly starting to open up all over the world :ahh:

China just started its own professional league :youngsabo:

We global :childplease:

NFL nor the MLB are as global as the NBA...find me the MLB or NFL star that could cause this

kobe_with_chinese_fans2.jpg

cropped_nike-lebron-china-tour-2016-recap-01.jpg

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
:wtf:

I've never said the NBA would be number 1 in the US, your concussions are getting to you breh :hubie:. I know how racist this country is and a sport with highly visible black men with tats making a quarter of a billion dollars wont ever be #1.

The NBA however will be a global sport, unlike the NFL, because it's a sport poor people can play. Nobody outside North America gives a fukk about Handegg, as seen by the fact the superbowl is broadcasted to "1 billion people" yet 99% of the viewers are US, Canada and Mexico :dead: China just started their own professional league? Word? Stephon Marbury has a statue there :mjlol:
You can play football easier then basketball you need a ball and space, so don't give me that shyt :wow:

London, england showing other countries like it :shaq:

It's slowly starting to gain traction world wide :jawalrus:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
You can play football easier then basketball you need a ball and space, so don't give me that shyt :wow:

London showing other countries like it :shaq:

It's slowly starting to gain traction world wide :jawalrus:

:dead:

No, you cannot play real Handegg without equipment, people around the world already have a sport like that called Rugby :umad:

London isn't a country :mjgrin: Hit me up when Handegg players can leave the country and make millions playing in foreign leagues, cause Iraq has a fukking professional league where dudes can make money in basketball :russ:

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
MLB Sees Record Revenues Approaching $10 Billion For 2016

10 billion :whoo:

Those dominant local TV ratings :whoo:

"b-b-but baseballs dying":sadbron:

Still 2nd place :umad:

-No healthy players sitting out of games

-You can't easily predict who will be the two top teams unlike certain other sports

- People of all sizes can play

- No politics

- Very few divas or attention whites

Beisbol :banderas:
You must really not follow baseball if you think they don't have healthy players that sit all the time.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
First of all no shyt

Second of all NBA markets individual talent way more then NFL and mlb

14>26>53

stop it...thats why MLB and NFL don't get that endorsement money...they ain't global like the NBA:mjgrin:

The top of the NBA endorsement food chain is led by LeBron James and Kobe Bryant. Both are global superstars who made $42 million and $34 million, respectively, last year from endorsement partners. James has been one of the NBA’s top endorsers since he was drafted by the Cleveland Cavaliers in 2003. His current partners include Nike, McDonald’s, Coca Cola, Samsung Electronics , Upper Deck, Audemars Piguet and Dunkin’ Donuts.

0604_lebron-james_650x455.jpg

The four-time MVP is the NBA’s top endorser.

Five championships and 18 years of All-Star play transformed Bryant into the most popular player in China with a little help from his main backer, Nike. Bryant also has deals with Turkish Air, Lenovo, Hublot and Panini for merchandise.

The NBA’s top 10 endorsers pulled down $155 million last year by our count. It dwarfs the totals in baseball and football. MLB’ s 10 biggest endorsers earned less than $30 million off the field last year with only Derek Jeter and Ichiro Suzuki (all in Japan) making more than $3 million from sponsors and merchandise. The NFL’s top 10 made $55 million from endorsements, led by Peyton Manning at $12 million in 2013. The NHL lags even further behind with the 10 biggest stars making $15 million cumulatively.

It’s gotta be the shoes,” Spike Lee told us 25 years ago, as his alter ego Mars Blackmon in a series of Nike commercials. And the gap between NBA players and others in team sports all starts with the shoes. The NBA’s biggest stars can command more than $10 million annually from Nike and Adidas . Nike represents almost half James’ off-court income, and James was the NBA’s leading shoe salesman in 2013 with $300 million in retail sales in the U.S. of his Nike signature shoes, according to research firm SportsOneSource. Rose signed a 13-year, $185 million contract with Adidas in 2012. A $1 million a year shoe deal is extremely rare for an NFL or MLB star. Basketball players move product unlike their counterparts in other sports.

Basketball players can also take advantage of the global nature of the sport. Bryant has made trips to China the past eight years for Nike and he is one of the brand’s main chips in its battle against Adidas in China. Bryant partnered with Turkish Airlines in 2010 and has been featured in commercials with global soccer star Lionel Messi. James’ Dunkin’ Donuts deal is for Asia only, and he entered into a new partnership with Chinese Internet services firm Tencent last year. These deals are not available to football and baseball players.

Source: Forbes

The NBA's Endorsement All-Stars 2014

VNDeSTy.jpg

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
:dead:

No, you cannot play real Handegg without equipment, people around the world already have a sport like that called Rugby :umad:

London isn't a country :mjgrin: Hit me up when Handegg players can leave the country and make millions playing in foreign leagues, cause Iraq has a fukking professional league where dudes can make money in basketball :russ:
You can't play basketball without exact court dimensions :troll:

Like I said before it will slowly become bigger around the world :yeshrug:, while remaining top dog in the us

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Baseball money :whew:

you mean nba money:wow:

The NBA’s average player made $5 million per year in the 2010-11 season. The average MLB player earned only $3.3 million. The NHL average salary drops even more to $2.4 million, while the average NFL player makes “only” $1.9 million per year.

How Much Money Does an NBA Player Make? - Money Nation

These are the average salaries of players in the NBA, NFL, MLB and NHL. Players in the NBA are the highest paid of the four major sports leagues, while NFL players are the least paid, even though the NFL generates the most amount of money each year of all the sports leagues.

I've been a fan of all four sports leagues for over four decades now. One of the things that has amazed me over the years is the amount of money professional athletes can now make today. Pro athletes made decent money when I was a kid in the 1970s, but nothing like what they can make in 2015. The average pro athlete in any of the four major sports leagues makes more money in one season than the average American will make over a lifetime.

Average salaries in the NBA, NFL, MLB and NHL for 2015

1. NBA - $5.1 million

The average NBA player will make $5.1 million in salary in 2015. That is easily the highest average salary of the four major sports leagues in the United States. NBA players make the most money, on average, because there are fewer NBA players than NFL players, or NHL players or major league baseball players.

NBA teams can have a maximum of 15 players per team. There are 30 NBA teams. So there only a total of 450 NBA players. NBA teams play 82 regular season games, and the league has a long playoff season too, which will generate enough income to pay the players an average of $5.1 million this year.

2. MLB - $4 million

With an average salary of $4 million, major league baseball players are the second highest paid players of the four major sports leagues. There are 25 players on each of the 30 teams in MLB, or a total of 750 players.

MLB teams play 162 games per season, which provides a ton of games for the league to generate income from. MLB revenues from network TV deals that include a game of the week, playoffs and the World Series doubled in 2014, giving each team about $25 million a year more to spend just from that one revenue source. Baseball salaries are only headed higher.

3. NHL - $2.6 million

NHL players make the third most money of the major sports leagues, with an average salary of $2.6 million. There are 23 players on each of the 30 NHL teams for a total of 690 players.

I'm surprised that NHL players make as much as they do. One of the major papers in New York City used to show the weekly ratings of sports games on TV in the New York market. NHL games were always the lowest rated of any sport, and some of the ratings were incredibly low. A Stanley Cup Finals game on NBC in 2007 was the lowest rated prime time program in NBC history.

4. NFL - $2.1 million

The irony of life. The NFL is easily the most popular of all the sports leagues in the United States, but NFL players make, on average, the least amount of money at $2.1 million a year. That's because of two reasons.

Each NFL team has 53 total players. There are 32 NFL teams for a total of 1,696 players. That's almost four times the number of players in pro football than in the NBA, over 1,000 more players than the NHL has, and well over twice as many players as MLB has.

NFL teams only play 16 games in the regular season. That's a just a fraction of the number of games each if the other sports leagues play per year. Less games means less opportunity to generate income.

So there are a lot more NFL players than there are NBA, NHL or MLB players, and the teams play far fewer games. The NFL still generates a ton more income than the other leagues do because NFL football is so much more popular. Plus the Super Bowl alone generates incredible income for the NFL.

Average salaries in the NBA, NFL, MLB and NHL for 2015

but earnings off the field/court is where the NBA stomps MLB/NFL/NHL

Why Baseball Players Can’t Land Big Endorsements

Robinson Cano, No. 4 on the list, pulled in the highest endorsements with $3.5 million in deals with brands. His salary from the Seattle Mariners is $24 million this year.

Below, I’ve re-ranked Forbes’ list based on endorsements dollars to give our readers some context.

• Robinson Cano: $3.5 million
• Albert Pujols: $2.5 million
• Clayton Kershaw: $1.2 million
• CC Sabathia: $1.1 million
• Justin Verlander: $500,000
• Ryan Howard: $500,000
• Jon Lester: $400,000
• Prince Fielder: $300,000
• Cliff Lee: $200,000
• Felix Hernandez: $200,000

Many of those big leaguers, including Lee, Sabathia and Howard, are injured, struggling to return from an injury or far past their prime playing years.

All of this seems counterintuitive to the untrained eye; if MLB players are among the sports world’s highest paid athletes, why are they getting so few endorsements?

The answer to that question is a complicated one that involves globalization, the localization of baseball, TV ratings and much more.

The best point of reference to understand this trend is another Forbes list, The World’s 100 Highest-Paid Athletes 2014. Of the world’s best paid athletes, Lee was only the MLB player to crack the top 30 in 2014.

I don’t know about you, but if I hadn’t been researching this article, I wouldn’t even be able to pick Lee out from a police lineup. And that is baseball’s biggest problem. Not only does it not have much global reach, its national reach is in decline.

Derek Jeter was the last big leaguer to hit it big in the endorsement market. According to Forbes, he’s made $300 million from deals over his playing career, and some say that his endorsement value won’t decrease drastically during retirement.

But Jeter’s $9 million in endorsements a year pales in comparison to other stars around the world. LeBron James made $53 million from brands in 2014. Tiger Woods, even in his sharp decline, pulled in $55 million.

In 2013 James made more from endorsements ($42 million) than MLB’s top 10 combined. Kobe Bryant, whose game took a turn for the worst in ’13, also made more with $34 million in deals.

James, Bryant and Woods all play in sports that have significant global audiences, and their huge endorsements reflect that fact.

MLB, to its credit, has been trying to close that gap with new digital products like MLB.tv and its popular app, but the overarching trends for baseball — even in the U.S. — don’t look promising. I’ll explore that in my next story.

Meanwhile, if you are looking for story ideas, check the Forbes list for players in your market, and also those who might have played at universities near you.

Why Baseball Players Can't Land Big Endorsements - Reynolds Center

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
You can't play basketball without exact court dimensions :troll:

Like I said before it will slowly become bigger around the world :yeshrug:, while remaining top dog in the us

Wrong

15696.jpg
basketball_in_poverty_2.jpg
basketball_in_poor_places.jpg

Ball + milk crate :blessed:

No, the NFL isn't gaining traction around the world, who the hell have you been listening to :mjlol: It cannot be played in poor places, and it requires too large of a space that is set for the real football.