For anyone who went from LED to OLED. Is OLED really worth it?

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I was in the market at the end of 2020 but I ended up going for size over image quality.

I had my mind set on getting an 85in because I've had a 70in since 2012 at my previous house. I moved into a bigger home at the end of 2020, and I couldn't pull the trigger for an OLED in that large price range. Ended up just settling for the Sony x900H 85in model when it was on sale for $2000

I still want an OLED, but I may just get a smaller one for a different room down the line. Does LG make any OLED sets over 77in?

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I was in the market at the end of 2020 but I ended up going for size over image quality.

I had my mind set on getting an 85in because I've had a 70in since 2012 at my previous house. I moved into a bigger home at the end of 2020, and I couldn't pull the trigger for an OLED in that large price range. Ended up just settling for the Sony x900H 85in model when it was on sale for $2000

I still want an OLED, but I may just get a smaller one for a different room down the line. Does LG make any OLED sets over 77in?

Yeah, they have an 83" and that shyt was going for like 5K. Stupid crazy considering the 77" is currently going for 2899 n shyt. I thought about going that big too, cuz my wall space in the living room is really big (large enough for projection screen really), but I could not justify a $2K difference for just 6 more inches, lol smmfh!

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, they have an 83" and that shyt was going for like 5K. Stupid crazy considering the 77" is currently going for 2899 n shyt. I thought about going that big too, cuz my wall space in the living room is really big (large enough for projection screen really), but I could not justify a $2K difference for just 6 more inches, lol smmfh!
Yeah, if the OLEDs were around the prices they are now for the 77in I could have forked out the extra money to get it. But they were still considerably more than the set I was looking at then. It's good to see that they are coming down in price now... finally

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah, if the OLEDs were around the prices they are now for the 77in I could have forked out the extra money to get it. But they were still considerably more than the set I was looking at then. It's good to see that they are coming down in price now... finally

Yeah, 3k was a bit more than I've ever thought I'd buy a tv for, but I do think at this size and quality, it's definitely worth it, long as it doesn't shyt the bed too premature or anything, lol.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Upgraded from a 2015 55" LG EF9500 OLED to a 65" C1, and my word, I did not expect such a jump in quality going from OLED to OLED. The increased brightness, frame rate, and all of the software upgrades really make a difference.

Dolby Vision is some next level shyt. My wife and I broke it in with the Prince and the Frog and Encanto. You might scoff at the movie selections, but they really give you an idea of what this TV is capable of.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Upgraded from a 2015 55" LG EF9500 OLED to a 65" C1, and my word, I did not expect such a jump in quality going from OLED to OLED. The increased brightness, frame rate, and all of the software upgrades really make a difference.

Dolby Vision is some next level shyt. My wife and I broke it in with the Prince and the Frog and Encanto. You might scoff at the movie selections, but they really give you an idea of what this TV is capable of.

shyt, I just watched a damn rom com (Love Guaranteed) simply cuz it's in Dolby Vision and I don't have to pay it full attention while working, lol! This is a safe space breh breh. All high octane visual content is welcome with no judgment, LOL!:steviej::ahh::salute:

DeeezNuts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan, NY
Definitely big diff.. I’m looking forward to the new Sony A95K.. if only they make em in a 77”.. that’ll be my next purchase.. I’ll put my 65A90J in my bedroom

Last edited:

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Definitely big diff.. I’m looking forward to the new song A95K.. if only they make em in a 77”.. that’ll be my next purchase.. I’ll put my 65A90J in my bedroom

Yeah, that's pretty much what I did. I put my 65" sammie in the bedroom, replacing our 50" in there and put that in my older daughter's room. Everyone got an upgrade!:blessed:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I just replaced my older non 4K tv this month. But I couldn't justify spending over 1k more for OLED. I just wanted a 4K tv in my living room for PlayStation and 4K content. I have Samsung 65" tv BTW.

I replaced a 1080p Samsung 59" from 2015.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Worth it? Hell no. Noticeable? Yes, but only if you're playing in direct sunlight. My setting on tv's for example; are always crisp and custom, so much so that I've fooled people with OLED's. In reality, given the prices, definitely not worth it for a tv....for a Switch however? I suppose.