For anyone who went from LED to OLED. Is OLED really worth it?

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They don’t unless the QLED is way cheaper for the same size or you’re going to be watching News Networks 24/7.

Eh depends what you mean by "how does it compare". The Qled looks good enough and has a feature set expansive enough that I would take the slightly worse black levels to not have to deal with burn-in.

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
It seems like if you were in the market for a new TV (like your current one broke) It seems like it's worth it to spend extra to get an OLED

but if you just recently bought an LED? like why?!!?

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Eh depends what you mean by "how does it compare". The Qled looks good enough and has a feature set expansive enough that I would take the slightly worse black levels to not have to deal with burn-in.
Good enough at the same price or is it cheaper? Because you’re looking at an infinite contrast ratio and HDMI 2.1 on every port vs a good contrast ratio and one HDMI 2.1 port I think. I mean if you’re not getting an OLED nowadays you’re either running a sports bar, a tv station, or trying to spend under 1k.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Oh, so they're still burn-in prone. :patrice:
Nah they’re setup nowadays to where it only happens if you keep a static image on screen literally all day for months like ESPNs bottom line and CNN Headlines.

Even gaming huds don’t really affect it because they have a pixel shifter.

If you run a pc setup on it you may want to hide your taskbar though.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Simple version: Yes, absolutely. Color depth and contrast can hit crazy levels due to the nature of OLED lighting.

Not so simple version: Depends. If this is something you're going to have in an extremely bright setting, a QLED would probably give you a more consistent experience, but the tradeoff is blooming and reduced viewing angles.

I'd say for the vast majority of people OLED is the move if you're into gaming or high end video. Especially now that prices are starting lower, and hitting sale more often. The C1 has been at least $200 off for what feels like a month straight between Amazon and Best Buy alone, let alone what you might be able to dig up locally.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Copped the OLED CX 65 a year ago…looks great.

Was at my parent’s house recently and they got one of the recent ROKU TVs…also looked great.

:yeshrug:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I was hoping to get some thoughts and honest opinions. I have LG Led 4K with HDR support. Is there a huge difference between Led and Oled or its just waste your $$$?. I've thought about order LG OLED C1 4K TV but I'm afraid that I'd waste my $$$ and it wouldn't make a huge different.
YES
/thread

Word? This is what I'm interested in, if the QLEDs compare to the OLED. I've always fukked with Samsung for my TVs and feel like that's what is prefer to upgrade with, but I know LG is the OLED joints.

Anyone know how they compare?
No LED can fukk with OLED. That QLED bullshyt is marketing and biting OLED to confuse people that don't know any better. Inferior technology. A budget Vizio OLED(what up, Court:hhh:), the worst, looks better than the best LED.

Basically, if you're an idiot.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
re

The TVs are on all day in the store, I only seen burn in one time and it was at a target, and it might not even been burn in just image retention

I use OLED as computer monitor, it's not an issue with the newer ones, plus best buy warranty covers burn in and I have 5 years coverage so I don't baby none of my oleds because it's no point, TV cost too much money for me not to use it all the time

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im gonna need for these shyts to drop under 1k, mfers need to hurry up

I don't think that's happening any time soon, breh. The LG A1 is an attempt to make OLED more affordable, and they had to cut a lot of corners to get to the 1500/1600 MSRP range. I expect that that price to get lower on the entry level OLED next year, but you're not seeing a 500/600 dollar difference in a year's time.

Wait so QLED isn't good? coming from LED? :patrice:

I'd say it's less a matter of not being good, but maybe not being the most bang for your buck.

Hyperbole aside, OLED offers color depth and contrast difference compared to your standard LED TV that it really is one of those things you'll be surprise by.

QLED is good, but the knock against it is that ultimately, it's still LED, so the brighter colors and contrast are still created mainly by the LED zones being bright as fukk. As a result, you're more likely so see blooming (where light bleeds out of bright objects into the surrounding area). Viewing angles can be a bit iffy in some QLEDs, too.

Ultimately, for most people the decision maker ends up being the room it's going in. For some people, OLEDs aren't bright enough in really bright rooms, whereas QLEDs pump enough brightness to handle it better.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
I've been thinking of joining OLED gang but I can't really justify spending the money to myself while my samsung UHD has served me well enough. Just seems extravagant for a slight upgrade from what I got now. I'll see how the prices look around Black Friday.