For anyone who went from LED to OLED. Is OLED really worth it?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've been thinking of joining OLED gang but I can't really justify spending the money to myself while my samsung UHD has served me well enough. Just seems extravagant for a slight upgrade from what I got now. I'll see how the prices look around Black Friday.

The OLED is only worth it if use it for gaming monitor, if you just want to watch movies or regular TV the UHD is fine, it ain't that serious but then again I've yet to watch any movies on my OLED

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Has any one seen any crazy Black Friday deals on them? I plan on coping one soon, but my homie told me that price drops are better during February when the new models stay coming in. So it's a toss up of waiting for current models to having a great discount or seeing what the new models offer over the current abd seeing if that's worth it for me.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Has any one seen any crazy Black Friday deals on them? I plan on coping one soon, but my homie told me that price drops are better during February when the new models stay coming in. So it's a toss up of waiting for current models to having a great discount or seeing what the new models offer over the current abd seeing if that's worth it for me.
No idea with the chip shortages. Could happen, could not. :manny:

February, that depends if there are old models to buy. Some years, they get snapped up the instant they discount and it's a race. That also depends on the difference in the new model. If it's basically the same thing, most try to save that way and they disappear damn near instantly.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
So I just stepped into the realm of OLED for the first time just 2 days ago with the cop of a 77" LG C1, after being Sammie only for over a decade and yeah, OLED is no exaggeration. This shyt is outstandingly vanglorious! Splendiferous even, I say.

I'm about to clear out my movie backlog now, as I'll probably watch a movie a day now. Dolby Vision on this bytch is too fukking sexy.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
So I just stepped into the realm of OLED for the first time just 2 days ago with the cop of a 77" LG C1, after being Sammie only for over a decade and yeah, OLED is no exaggeration. This shyt is outstandingly vanglorious! Splendiferous even, I say.

I'm about to clear out my movie backlog now, as I'll probably watch a movie a day now. Dolby Vision on this bytch is too fukking sexy.
Welcome to the crew.
I have a 65" joint and have been eyeing 75"
If you want your mind completely blown watch this youtube video on your tv. You've never seen blacks this black in your life.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

The 77...it's so beautiful :wow:

Bout time you joined the Gang:ehh:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
Welcome to the crew.
If you want your mind completely blown watch this youtube video on your tv. You've never seen blacks this black in your life.

yea when i got mine i watched these videos for at least half the day. worth it to me, to finally have a tv that looked as good as my tablet

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
I got the CX last year and I could never go back. I have the OLED in my basement/man cave and I notice a huge difference when I'm watching TV upstairs on my Vizio P series. Don't get me wrong the P Series is a very good TV especially for the price but difference is so noticable

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

If you're worried about burn in, remember to break it in on all full screen stuff with no static images for the first 50 to 100 hours. If you game, change the screen every so often to keep the HUD from sticking. For example, I play a ton of Destiny, so I go to the inventory screen every 5 minutes or so just to change the screen. Might not even be needed, but better safe than sorry.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
If you're worried about burn in, remember to break it in on all full screen stuff with no static images for the first 50 to 100 hours. If you game, change the screen every so often to keep the HUD from sticking. For example, I play a ton of Destiny, so I go to the inventory screen every 5 minutes or so just to change the screen. Might not even be needed, but better safe than sorry.

Preciated the tips. Yeah, I've gamed quite a bit on there already, but most the games I've played didn't have anything static for too long and yeah, I'm constantly in menus in most games I play anyway or going back to home menu, switching to netflix/yt between brief breaks and shyt. The tv seems to have a nifty, quick reacting screensaver as well, but it doesn't overtake the PS5 ever it seems. No worries tho.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome to the crew.

I just watched this vid right here:

And man, Ionno if my eyes were crying or cumming...but it felt too good to be true, lol!

Last edited: