For anyone who went from LED to OLED. Is OLED really worth it?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I was hoping to get some thoughts and honest opinions. I have LG Led 4K with HDR support. Is there a huge difference between Led and Oled or its just waste your $$$?. I've thought about order LG OLED C1 4K TV but I'm afraid that I'd waste my $$$ and it wouldn't make a huge different.

How Series X abd PS5 look on Led and Oled? Is it noticeable?
Major difference breh.
I rocked my 6-series TCL 65” proudly and still highly recommend it. It’s definitely a great TV and will easily give you the most bang for your buck.
I recently picked up a 65” LG C1 and was blown away. You don’t realize it until you see it in person how much of a difference blacks truly being black makes for the overall image quality and experience.
I feel like now I finally have a top of the line experience in my living room across the board.
7.1 surround
65” C1
PS5
Now I just need a Xbox series x to make the cipher complete.
OLED to me makes a bigger difference than 120fps did. 120fps is nice but 60fps is perfectly fine IMO. Not that you have to pick between FPS and oled, I’m just saying a lot of times people focus on FPS where in my experience that wasn’t what wowed me you know what I mean. It was seeing true black that impressed me the most and set the tone for what a great image should look like

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Major difference breh.
I rocked my 6-series TCL 65” proudly and still highly recommend it. It’s definitely a great TV and will easily give you the most bang for your buck.
I recently picked up a 65” LG C1 and was blown away. You don’t realize it until you see it in person how much of a difference blacks truly being black makes for the overall image quality and experience.
I feel like now I finally have a top of the line experience in my living room across the board.
7.1 surround
65” C1
PS5
Now I just need a Xbox series x to make the cipher complete.
OLED to me makes a bigger difference than 120fps did. 120fps is nice but 60fps is perfectly fine IMO. Not that you have to pick between FPS and oled, I’m just saying a lot of times people focus on FPS where in my experience that wasn’t what wowed me you know what I mean. It was seeing true black that impressed me the most and set the tone for what a great image should look like

Do I need hdmi 2.1 port for PS5 or don't need it?

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
giphy.gif

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Do I need hdmi 2.1 port for PS5 or don't need it?
For 4k hdr 120fps…yes.
Without you’re limited to 60fps which isn’t the end of the world considering very few games even support 120fps and ps5 doesn’t have variable refresh rate either.
Hdmi 2.1 is future proof though so if you upgrade make sure you get a tv with it.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Uh....yes and no. Personally having seen the two side by side if I needed to buy a TV I would probably go with the Samsung Q90A.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There's a big difference notably in the colors and the blacks. The screen literally looks like it's turned off when black scenes are being displayed. The brightness is also crazy.

Now is it worth $1000+ if you already have a 2019/2020 4K TV? That's up for you to decide.

I got it now and it will be a great living room TV when I move.

Fani Willis fan

Man What
Daps
If you’re obsessed with fidelity and constantly mess with tv settings then id heavily recommend it.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Uh....yes and no. Personally having seen the two side by side if I needed to buy a TV I would probably go with the Samsung Q90A.

Word? This is what I'm interested in, if the QLEDs compare to the OLED. I've always fukked with Samsung for my TVs and feel like that's what is prefer to upgrade with, but I know LG is the OLED joints.

Anyone know how they compare?

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Word? This is what I'm interested in, if the QLEDs compare to the OLED. I've always fukked with Samsung for my TVs and feel like that's what is prefer to upgrade with, but I know LG is the OLED joints.

Anyone know how they compare?
They don’t unless the QLED is way cheaper for the same size or you’re going to be watching News Networks 24/7.