For anyone who went from LED to OLED. Is OLED really worth it?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
My main concern is burn in. Am I overthinking?.

@Gizmo_Duck , @Ciggavelli help me understand :lupe:

@papa surf @Kamikaze Revy
It is 100% worth it to get an OLED. It’s so good. Burn-in is an issue, but most TVs have a tool to help remove any burn-in that might occur. To be safe, I do not let an image or watermark stay on the screen for more than 3 hours at a time. I haven’t had any burn-in, and I have played many games on it.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It is 100% worth it to get an OLED. It’s so good. Burn-in is an issue, but most TVs have a tool to help remove any burn-in that might occur. To be safe, I do not let an image or watermark stay on the screen for more than 3 hours at a time. I haven’t had any burn-in, and I have played many games on it.

Like what?

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.
Yes. Every time I go to another persons house and watch shyt on their TV im like what the fukk are you doing? step your shyt up. OLED is a game changer. makes everything vastly better

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
fukk it. I just ordered LG C1 Oled :blessed:

I need to have this LG C1 especially Horizon: Forbidden West is coming so gotta play on this LG C1 Oled shyt.
I just checked the price on Amazon. Really good deal. I’m tempted to buy it myself. I have a C7, which is several years old. It’s still amazing, but I want that 120hz. I’m gonna see what the C2 is like though. I think it comes out sometime soon

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just checked the price on Amazon. Really good deal. I’m tempted to buy it myself. I have a C7, which is several years old. It’s still amazing, but I want that 120hz. I’m gonna see what the C2 is like though. I think it comes out sometime soon

Yeah, that's why I ordered it so LG C1 Oled will be here on this tues. C2 is making a smaller tv now, 43 inch.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikkaz ain’t fukkin with the A90J on here? Thought that’s the OLED on the market

The A90j has a slightly better picture than the C1 due to it's brightness, but it lacks some of the gaming features that the C1 has(no VRR on the Sony and it only has 2 HDMI 2.1 ports versus the 4 on the LG), and I don't think that the difference in brightness justifies it being roughly $1,500 more expensive, especially considering that you'd likely only notice that difference if they are side-by-side.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the a90j's speakers are better, and you can pait them with a Sony soundbar to work as a home theater system of sorts, but $3,300 (for the 65") is still a crazy ask for something that isn't head and shoulders better than the competition.

Last edited:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My LG C1 Oled just arrived so now I'm in oled gang :blessed:

FLFv5anXsAQWlyQ