For All Of You Well Done Steak Eaters, I Have A Question...

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I haven’t had a steak in years. I really do want to try one medium or something because all I did was well done when I ate them. I’m scared that I won’t make it through a whole steak though

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
as someone that was raised on thinking that well done steak was the only way to go:

you gotta stop tellin folks who do well done to try medium

its too drastic a jump for them

tell them to try medium well

and slowly they will make their way to medium rare like i did

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
I’ve been to a few places with amazing food: Paris, Costa Rica, Jamaica (both local cousine and Secrets resort, renowned for their all inclusive food)…even stateside New Orleans…

And not once, NEVER did I order steak. Ngga I wish I would 😂 I know folk who travel as well and when they talk about the great foods they’ve had I ain’t NEVER heard a mfer say ‘I had some steak in Bali…I had a steak in Portugal’. Tf? “Steak” lol Not sure why people act like it’s the final boss of good eating

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Never had a well done steak I couldn't easily cut...quit going to cheap hole in the wall restaurants
It's an unspoken fact that they'll serve you the worst cut of meat they have if you order well done. Doesn't matter how upscale the restaurant is.

No point in serving a nice tender cut of steak if you want it cooked till all the flavor and tenderness is gone. Anyone who's ever worked in a restaurant will tell you this.

Daps
It's an unspoken fact that they'll serve you the worst cut of meat they have if you order well done. Doesn't matter how upscale the restaurant is.

No point in serving a nice tender cut of steak if you want it cooked till all the flavor and tenderness is gone. Anyone who's ever worked in a restaurant will tell you this.
That may be true of a restaurant but not the Fort Worth ribeyes I buy and grill myself.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Steak is nasty

I don't see how people eat that shyt

All that chewing:hhh: because it never seems digestible
Tell us you've never had a proper steak without telling us you've never had a proper steak.
My homeboy ordered a $60 steak in Vegas well done. Behind his mask I could tell even the waiter was like
:picard:

On that day I questioned our 30+ year friendship
:mjcry:
I would have lost my appetite and looked at him like :hhh:the whole time
Very slept on comment. Steak is overrated af. And I order mine medium well.

It’s too large a meat pause and even if you go with medium rare it’s too chewy. Not you mention bc it’s so hyped the sides that come with it are bullshyt (a baked potatoe, word ngga) and what other food on planet earth do people hype bc of how LITTLE you season it.

Steak is right there with eating crabs—-all hype and bougieness built around how you order and how you eat it etc but it is not an enjoyable eating experience.
Another person who has never had a proper steak.

Facts
That may be true of a restaurant but not the Fort Worth ribeyes I buy and grill myself.
Cooking an expensive Ribeye Well Done is like buying a Lambo and putting Walmart tires on it.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Tell us you've never had a proper steak without telling us you've never had a proper steak.

Facts

Cooking an expensive Ribeye Well Done is like buying a Lambo and putting Walmart tires on it.

:russ: I don’t care

Steak ain’t my thing at all

So I don’t feel like I’m missing shyt

Braman

Superstar
Daps

Facts

Meh. No one cares man. Been to great steakhouses. Steak is good. It’s aight…Like that’s it.

It’s the most small minded American thing ever, to think STEAK is the ultimate sign of culture and sophistication. That’s the main point of all this. Had way too much good food in my day to gaf about the nouances of steak.