For All Of You Well Done Steak Eaters, I Have A Question...

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Op do you like eating bloody meat?
See the source image

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
The only thing that bothers me about the well done crew is the pride they have in having never even tried medium rare. Most people I know that eat well done have never even attempted to try rare/medium rare so it's honestly like they just don't know better. Poor things

Sex Luthor

I'm like kryptonite to these thots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
It's an unspoken fact that they'll serve you the worst cut of meat they have if you order well done. Doesn't matter how upscale the restaurant is.

No point in serving a nice tender cut of steak if you want it cooked till all the flavor and tenderness is gone. Anyone who's ever worked in a restaurant will tell you this.
It's not necessarily the worst cut. They use the thinnest so it cooks faster or use the worst looking one to butterfly. Unless they cut their own steaks the grade would pretty much be the same. The thickness determines temp it's cooked at

Sleepy Floyd

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
It's an unspoken fact that they'll serve you the worst cut of meat they have if you order well done. Doesn't matter how upscale the restaurant is.

No point in serving a nice tender cut of steak if you want it cooked till all the flavor and tenderness is gone. Anyone who's ever worked in a restaurant will tell you this.
A good well done steak has a little bit of char but is still flavorful and juicy

Anyone who has worked in a restaurant and tells you otherwise is probably just a dishwasher

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
So by the way this thread is going, I'm guessing we're not ready to talk about eating pork medium-rare either :unsure:?

sous-vide-pork-loin-ca0779.jpg

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
Nah, not what Im saying. I’ve had good steaks and it’s just that, a *good* steak. It’s just not what people hype it to be.

And the funny thing is people always counter with ‘it’s the cut’ or ‘how it’s cooked’. My folks are west African and they make a type of steak/beef skewer that’s seasoned up and I promise you it’s better than any choice cut you get from a restaurant. And it’s just a cheap cut of steak but it’s chopped and smaller and it’s, you know, seasoned
That cheap cut of meat is SUPPOSED to be cooked over heat for x amount of time and seasoned. Your proving my point about the way something is supposed to be cooked. I wouldnt go to a country where they arent known for cooking steaks and asking them to cook one. I dont ask for jerk chicken in Japan either.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
That dry ass steak in the first pic is not representative of the average well done steak

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
That first pic is a chopped up roast, wifey making me one tomorrow

It's def dry as fukk tho where is the gravy? it should look like this

Leave well done gang alone our steak be juicy as fukk just not bloody

Juicy not bloody

Nobody is eating a dry steak stop it 😂
This>>