Fly/Fashionable brehs, whats the secret?

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
Don’t follow trends, stick with the classics, keep your shoes and nails clean, keep your hair cut, and floss.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Dressing stylish is a APTITUDE and Skill.
Breh that have that aptitude are the Future and Westside Gunn type brehs in the black community.

If you are a square coli breh / Russel Wilson type breh you will Need female input (preferably Black female or Pawg) on how to style at least initially/partially.
Future the nikka that wear them goofy ass hats?

The nikka that tucked his hoodie into his jeans?

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
don't leave your shoes laying around. Keep them in their original boxes when you're not wearing them or get another means of storage for them. Wipe them down with baby wipes whenever you get home if you were in any dusty conditions before putting them away

Repainting soles is actually pretty easy too. I got kicks that are nearly five years old and still look brand new

4jjgeSbl.jpg

Last edited:

King

The black man is always targeted.
Bushed
Daps
It all comes down to 3 things

1. Fit

2. Color

3. Layering

Fukk what anyone else has to say, this shyt is all subjective anyways. Beyond those 3 things there’s no such thing as “fly” it’s up to you.

Don’t let people sell you shyt. 99% of “fashion” is conflated with capitalism.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Don’t follow trends, stick with the classics, keep your shoes and nails clean, keep your hair cut, and floss.
When people say don’t follow trends what do they mean?

Because you need to update your style over time and taking what you like from current trends is a good way

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Confidence and gym besides I’m from pg I can’t help being fly
I feel like on a scale of 1-10, how you dress can add subtract 1-1.5 pts. If you have a clearly defined chest/biceps then you can get by wearing anything basically.

But yeah, random tips
  • Your local library has a free subscription to men's magazines. Screenshot the looks that are interesting and try to replicate them
  • Don't buy anything where you look like a billboard. That is for insecure people or people that want to look like they are rich.
    • As a follow up, if people don't know what brand your clothes are, there's no need to spend a lot of money.
  • The point of (grown man) fashion is that it is timeless and subtle. Work on some staples for each season
    • A good fitting coat and scarf for the winter as well as some fashionable boots, etc
  • Moderation/contrast is key. What separates fashionable people are the small things, not the huge things
    • Dressed in plain button up + slacks but have your sleeves rolled up to show an arm tattoo
    • Have a thick straggly beard but a clean cut & line up w/ the rest of your hair

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
I feel like on a scale of 1-10, how you dress can add subtract 1-1.5 pts. If you have a clearly defined chest/biceps then you can get by wearing anything basically.

But yeah, random tips
  • Your local library has a free subscription to men's magazines. Screenshot the looks that are interesting and try to replicate them
  • Don't buy anything where you look like a billboard. That is for insecure people or people that want to look like they are rich.
    • As a follow up, if people don't know what brand your clothes are, there's no need to spend a lot of money.
  • The point of (grown man) fashion is that it is timeless and subtle. Work on some staples for each season
    • A good fitting coat and scarf for the winter as well as some fashionable boots, etc
  • Moderation/contrast is key. What separates fashionable people are the small things, not the huge things
    • Dressed in plain button up + slacks but have your sleeves rolled up to show an arm tattoo
    • Have a thick straggly beard but a clean cut & line up w/ the rest of your hair
Nikkas think you gotta be on some extra sh to be fly out here.

1024x1024-RacerJacket-Natural-1_416x416.jpg

Simple solid colors and simple look and you can still kill it.

Add a muscular frame and you will definitely get looks. A good defined chest will be noticeable through a leather jacket, and your arms too.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
online shopping has always disappointed me*
Why?

If you know a site's sizing, quality, etc you won't be disappointed.

I've shopped with ASOS since 2008.

I know my size even thouhg it's gone up from just growing and putting on muscle.

But I know what styles I like, you can look at reviews for sizing and quality if you aren't sure etc.

Recently just bought a Barney's leather jacket, could have gotten it for $100 with a discount code but I had already ordered it smfh. Never bought a barney's leather jacket before, looked at the reviews. Many people said to go a size up, which I did. And the jacket looks fiyah, can't really rock it in April though.

https://www.asos.com/us/barneys-ori...her+4+pocket+biker+jacket&SearchRedirect=true

Last edited:

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
Why?

If you know a site's sizing, quality, etc you won't be disappointed.

I've shopped with ASOS since 2008.

I know my size even thouhg it's gone up from just growing and putting on muscle.

But I know what styles I like, you can look at reviews for sizing and quality if you aren't sure etc.

Recently just bought a Barney's leather jacket, could have gotten it for $100 with a discount code but I had already ordered it smfh.

https://www.asos.com/us/barneys-ori...her+4+pocket+biker+jacket&SearchRedirect=true
a first hand account is always preferable for me..........*

Leao2005

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Nikkas think you gotta be on some extra sh to be fly out here.

1024x1024-RacerJacket-Natural-1_416x416.jpg

Simple solid colors and simple look and you can still kill it.

Add a muscular frame and you will definitely get looks. A good defined chest will be noticeable through a leather jacket, and your arms too.
need a name on the jacket

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
At a point in my life where I'm able to really bring things full circle with my image before I enter my 30s next year.

I have a decent fashion sense, but I keep it minimal because it's been affordable as I've worked my way up in my career.

I got some questions for you, so we can up our game in 2021.

1) Do you get all your clothes tailored?

2) Where do you mostly shop online?

3) Any secrets to keeping clothes looking new when washing/drying?

4) What articles of clothing do you spend the most on?

1. Certain clothes absolutely should get tailored. Suits, jeans if they don't fit right with length, khakis.

2. Nordstrom.com, Nordstromrack.com, Sense.com, Farfetch.com, Eastdane.com

3. Wash only when needed. Too much washing will ruin clothes super fast.

4. Shoes and Coats. Depending on where you live, but I'd highly recommend a few essentials.

Get a bomber. It's looks classy enough to be worn for dates, but can also be thrown on for everyday. Comes in various colors, but black is a classic. It goes well with a hoodie underneath, a button up or just a plain tee like in the pics.

9671ef93-13df-411d-b45a-a5e2c2ac04cf.jpeg

Denim Jacket. Prices and styles vary, but something as simple as a Levis works. I'm a fan of the a light wash jacket. Black also looks good, but like a bomber it goes well with everything: Hoodie, button up, tee.

a63b088c019a5bd73d8eea6fe9fe7b2d.jpg

Peacoat. Not for everyone. Depending where you live, but if it gets cold enough it's something that stands out. Black, Navy, or any shade of grey will work. Good layering piece for when it's cold. Goes nice with suits and business attire, but you can wear with jeans and joggers and still look stylish. I'm all about the light grey color like this.

As for shoes. Get yourself some shoes that go well with anything.

1. All white sneakers: Depending how much you wanna spend, but Air Force 1's, Adidas Stan Smith, Common Projects.
2. Chukka Boots: Clarks make the best. Big fan of the Beeswax.
3. Dress shoe: Big fan of Allen Edmonds. Get a matching belt.
4. Casual sneaker: Vans or Converse. Just a shoe to throw on that goes well with anything.

As for brands. I'm a big fan of Zanerobe. Love their Sureshot Joggers and Flintlock t-shirt. Very simple basic pieces that go well with the above things I mentioned. Norse Projects, Topman, Rag & Bone, Scotch & Soda, Nike NSW.