Fly/Fashionable brehs, whats the secret?

Daps
high quality basics like 2 jeans (200 +) 2 chino/slacks (200+) 2-3 jackets (300+). everything else high quality but can go cheaper. you want fabric that feels and looks good, nice cuts that compliment. no words or logos minimal . ive had girls tell me how nice the fabrics are on my clothing. my go to is rag and bone, theory, vince etc for basics. most importantly no made in china crap. shop for clothing made in usa, canada, portugal etc. i transitioned from junk to almost rocking made in usa and italy exclusively .
Yeah I noticed made in Italy garments feel lovely no homo. Made in USA tends to be good... but uncommon nowadays. Made in japan usually has very high quality. Unfortunately, fast fashion has ruined a lot

Daps
Also don't be afraid of getting style suggestion/tips from females!

I have done this and it worked out great.
If you are in a store holler at a female shopper or female store employee ( maybe even a gay male store employee yeah I know no homo but gay males basically have run the fashion design industry for decades...)
and ask them what they think or how a piece of clothing looks on you or how pieces of clothing compare.

If you noticed most fashionable dudes from school or even famous dudes that were known for drip has fashionable female relatives or single mothers.
#Super Facts
#My advise will turn a coli breh zero to hero
# I literally have to figure out ways to Not fukk bytches while I'm out and about
Pics of your drip?

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
I really do think being fly is something you're born with. You've either got the eye on how to put it all together or you haven't. Sure I think you might be able to learn it but its not the same when its ironed on as opposed to all the way thorough.

You need to touch what you're buying so you can feel the quality because things look good in pics online but don't last because they weren't made to. 95% of whats out there is made to be disposable and that only looks good for the moment so thats a major thing to be aware of because HQ material drapes differently to cheap angular stuff that just sticks out all over the place plus they are double/triple stitched.

Next is the fit and by that it means your build. Simply put you can be in shape and rock an inexpensive fit that makes these pigeons heads swivel or you can be sloppy, draped in designers and look like a mess. Man makes the clothes as much as clothes make the man.

Third is the details, accessories or how you put your twist on the fit. Clothes are an expression of personality and say everything about your mindset without you uttering a word. There is a reason why the military place such an emphasis on uniforms for rank, people respect white coat doctors etc.. its ingrained in our DNA so leverage that.

Daps
But see not to be discouraging but

I

But see not to sound discouraging but I feel like in these current times it is very difficult to find let's say a nice regular price moderately priced Black T shirt and jeans and not have to replace or in a year and yeah maybe you can extend by following care instructions to the T and not using dryer heat but I don't know if I'm willing to put the time in energy into that ( maybe if I was younger I kind of did that stuff) . Now I just accepted the fact that I will unless I'm lucky HAVE to buy new denim or certain shirts almost yearly.
This aint the 2000s the 90s or 80s 70s where the textiles the and production of clothing was different and made to LAST and survive regular home washing machine laundering.

I mean some of the coli breh gave you some good care tips to extend life and look of clothing but even then you may still have to replace it just only last 6 months longer. Even after all that work.

Then also realistically you know if you are a messy or careful cautious type with gear.
I'm am oungg shyt at home and in public in my gear. That is gone have wear tear accidents spills etc. I will HAVE to replace.

The days of rocking the same piece of gear for years or the better part of a decade are largely GONE.

Just fukk with Gap and Bana Republic amongst other because guesss what the Gap signed Kanye West who is one of the literal biggest fashion icons of the 21st century for a reason.

Japanese denim is still pretty good. APC too. I bought some Levi’s 2-3 years ago and they ripped.

Daps
Stay away from faux unless you’re an animal advocate. Faux products usually crack, fade, and peel.

High quality leather products can last you and should last you years +10 years or a lifetime. What they don’t tell you is that there are different tiers of leather. Genuine leather isn’t the best even though the name would make you think so.

top grain or full grain are better. Sometimes these need to be broken in.

Types-of-Leather-Grains.jpg

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
Drip gotta be in you, not on you
I can be Uniqlo down and still be flee
Ssense, Endclothing, Grailed all got some gear on there
Online shopping is the wave you just gotta do your research
It’s plenty of info online regarding sizing unless you getting some real vintage or niche

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Honestly you should probably find a fashion blog for the style you like if your just starting. If your into streetwear like me then you can find stores that cater to you and go from there. Look on IG explore page or type in a brand you like and go find some people that swag it nicely. Look at what clothes they are wearing and cop.

Do you recommend any IG pages?

Leao2005

All Star
Supporter
Daps
But see not to be discouraging but

I

But see not to sound discouraging but I feel like in these current times it is very difficult to find let's say a nice regular price moderately priced Black T shirt and jeans and not have to replace or in a year and yeah maybe you can extend by following care instructions to the T and not using dryer heat but I don't know if I'm willing to put the time in energy into that ( maybe if I was younger I kind of did that stuff) . Now I just accepted the fact that I will unless I'm lucky HAVE to buy new denim or certain shirts almost yearly.
This aint the 2000s the 90s or 80s 70s where the textiles the and production of clothing was different and made to LAST and survive regular home washing machine laundering.

I mean some of the coli breh gave you some good care tips to extend life and look of clothing but even then you may still have to replace it just only last 6 months longer. Even after all that work.

Then also realistically you know if you are a messy or careful cautious type with gear.
I'm am oungg shyt at home and in public in my gear. That is gone have wear tear accidents spills etc. I will HAVE to replace.

The days of rocking the same piece of gear for years or the better part of a decade are largely GONE.

Just fukk with Gap and Bana Republic amongst other because guesss what the Gap signed Kanye West who is one of the literal biggest fashion icons of the 21st century for a reason.
Should be replacing your basic every year or every six months. So t shirts, underwear, socks since these get the most wear. The only basics that you need to buy that should last you a long time is your pants. Reason why is cause you could wear the same pants in multiple days technically if your in a crunch, and you need the reliability

Starski

Superstar
Daps
My biggest advice is dress for what you into, dress for what you NEED. Do you have a “corporate” job where you need to get suited up? Happy hour(pre and hopefully post corona)

yeah spend some bread on tailoring. Like to go out at fancy restaurants & lounges?

best fashion advice I ever gotten was when I was showing my unc who is big into fashion some Ann D boots for like 1.2k back when I was 21....

he hit me with the :gucci:
“You don’t go no where that you need Ann D”

deadass right.

As for finding ya style, there will usually be one designer where you like “damn.... I’d rock everything this guy makes”.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
- Have your own style. Don't be afraid to be different than what is acceptable style locally or on social media. Don't change your entire wardrobe every year to chase trends and what's popping right now. Many things that are trendy end up looking stupid real quick. That's the problem with hypebeast style.

- It's okay to buy trendy items and work them into your existing wardrobe. For example, I just copped some Balenciaga tracks. Below retail almost 50% off of course off StockX because I refuse to pay $1000 for a trendy item.

- it's okay to channel iconic style from a iconic cultural figure. For instance, every March 9th, I throw on a vintage Biggie Coogi and some fresh butters with some stonewashed RRL denim. Throwing on some Hazel highway super Timbs with a burgundy champion hoodie and a Canadian tuxedo after getting a crazy fade like Tupac in Juice on a random spring or fall day. Throwing on a old school loud colored early 90's Pelle Pelle leather with some fresh OG color Jordan 5's like Will Smith from Fresh Prince.

- customizing your own clothes will make you stand out in the crowd. I made a custom varsity jacket last winter commemorating my old hood in Cali. Spent $500 getting all the custom patches and embroidery put on a blank varsity jacket I found at the thrift. And strangers always complement how fresh it is. In an era where urban fashion has been gentrified and whitewashed as "streetwear" by suburban cacs and cornballs, it pays to standout and have your clothes reflect what makes you unique.

- Your whole wardrobe doesn't have to be hyped up or expensive clothes. But your whole wardrobe shouldn't be all bland basics either. That's where a lot of style Youtubers and influencers go wrong. They're either barebone basic like TeachingMensFashion or the StyleOG. Follow them too close and you end up looking like a Nordstrom mannequin. Or they are straight hypebeast or all designer everything looking like a bootleg struggle rapper clout chaser.

- wear one statement piece at a time. You don't have to wear all expensive designer shyt at once.

- Different clothes for different occasions. Sometimes I feel like being flashy, other times I like being lowkey. A lot of times, depending on where you are, you don't want to be flashy. One day I can be wearing loud colors, the next I could be wearing all black or all earth tones.

- You can easily take old clothes that don't fit so well to the tailor. Make sure you find the right tailor. Because some random Asian tailors will fukk your shyt up because they don't always understand what you want.

- the thrift store is an excellent resource. I've been thrifting for years, Nowadays, everyone from the younger generation knows. You can literally find anything at the thrift once you find a few good ones and visit them regularly. Everything from limited sneakers to designer gems to dress clothes and suits to vintage heat of all kinds.

- The right vintage pieces will set your wardrobe on fire. Don't just cop anything from the thrift just because it looks old. That's where the younger generation goes wrong. I'm a big fan of early 90's swag.

- Designer pieces don't have to be plastered with big logos. Most of the nicest designer pieces don't have any visible logos. Those are designer clothes rich people actually wear. And they often donate these clothes to thrift stores in nicer areas. It's the quality that justifies the price point and you'd be surprised to find out people can clearly see the quality. For example, you can easily get a gently used Ralph Lauren Purple Label leather that retails for $3k+ for a few hundred online in various places.

- Pay attention to care labels on clothes. Don't leave out clothes in the open that can be eaten by moths. Get nicer clothes dry cleaned unless the label says do not dry clean.

- Dress professionally or conservatively when you have to. You don't want to have the whiteboy who huffs gasoline struggle going to court look when you have to dress up. Make sure you own a few suits that fit correctly and some proper dress shoes and socks to match. These items don't necessarily need to be designer or expensive. But it doesn't hurt to have an expensive suit or a sport coat or dress shoes.

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
My biggest advice is dress for what you into, dress for what you NEED. Do you have a “corporate” job where you need to get suited up? Happy hour(pre and hopefully post corona)

yeah spend some bread on tailoring. Like to go out at fancy restaurants & lounges?

best fashion advice I ever gotten was when I was showing my unc who is big into fashion some Ann D boots for like 1.2k back when I was 21....

he hit me with the :gucci:
You don’t go no where that you need Ann D

deadass right.

As for finding ya style, there will usually be one designer where you like “damn.... I’d rock everything this guy makes”.
Unc a fool:mjlol::russ:
This hit a lil too close too home though, I just bought Gore-Tex sneakers knowing damn well I ain’t going nowhere but a quick store run when it’s raining :francis: